• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What I have been up to

S

SUPRsalad

I've got a board meeting with 'the lavender society' this weekend, and since I was uploading these pictures to present, I thought I'd share. I'm quite pleased with this:

'Anyone can throw enough $ at something and grow just about anything... Growing at a profit though, thats another story' -H_Gemma
(Lo-tech=profitable)

The 'propagation house'. These are all various Lavender cuttings.

This is a little home-brew creation of mine. Simply put, it converts a 125v timer signal to 24v solenoids that control a misting system for the cuttings.

this is a solenoid that runs water to the white 'misting-nozzles' you see in the middle of the bed, when recieving a 24v signal from the timer. I have it set for about 16 seconds of water, every 13 minutes, day only.

128 cells of 'hidcote' lavender cuttings.

And thats how I do what I do. :D

S

SUPRsalad

If it weren't a federal crime, I'd be all over it. I've already gotten major contract offers from several dispensaries in my area..

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So your telling me, you've gotten several major contratcs from dispensaries but your not taking the job? Come move to cali it should be legal soon.

S

SUPRsalad

So your telling me, you've gotten several major contratcs from dispensaries but your not taking the job? Come move to cali it should be legal soon.
Legal on a state level, not federal. I don't want to spend 30 years in a federal prison, and besides, too much competition if it were legalized. You think if I filled that entire green-house with pot cuttings the feds would turn a blind eye? They don't care about state laws, and I am an honest man, who makes an honest living. When they make it federally legal though... well.. hats off.

S

SUPRsalad

nice radiant heat system!!
You should see the new ones! I'm just about done with them. I made 4x 14' benches out of water-proof lumber, galvanized grate, and 1" polystyrene. Rather than using poly-pipe and a hot water heater, this time, I'm using oxy-barrier pex, copper manifolds, and a boiler with zone valves for each separate aqua-stat. They will be used primarily for seedlings though. No misting system involved.
plus, I got all the material plus the boiler for FREEEEEEE (my favorite price)
been collecting the parts for over a year now. pics when im done.

M

MasterP

You should see the new ones! I'm just about done with them. I made 4x 14' benches out of water-proof lumber, galvanized grate, and 1" polystyrene. Rather than using poly-pipe and a hot water heater, this time, I'm using oxy-barrier pex, copper manifolds, and a boiler with zone valves for each separate aqua-stat. They will be used primarily for seedlings though. No misting system involved.
plus, I got all the material plus the boiler for FREEEEEEE (my favorite price)
been collecting the parts for over a year now. pics when im done.
what do you need heated water for?

S

SUPRsalad

Stimulates root growth, as well as speeds the evaporation process. Basically, it makes cuttings root a lot faster, and helps to prevent fungus. Also, a majority of seeds have heat requirements. Its a common misconception that seeds need light.

M

MasterP

Stimulates root growth, as well as speeds the evaporation process. Basically, it makes cuttings root a lot faster, and helps to prevent fungus. Also, a majority of seeds have heat requirements. Its a common misconception that seeds need light.
Ahh nice...I dont think you would need heated water in phoenix tho. LOL.

B

Balian of Asgard

cant wait to see the next one Evan, check your icq bro, I sent you a msg

S

SUPRsalad

Ahh nice...I dont think you would need heated water in phoenix tho. LOL.
@ juv: yeah, you would still need bottom heat because the mist will cool the soil with air moving over it. You need the soil temp around 90F, but the leaves and stuff need to be around 65-70. If you don't have bottom heat, the soil will just match the top and that won't work.

@ Bal: yeah, still waiting on my boiler. My buddy pulled a 2yr old one out of a place last week. Just waiting for him to dump it off so i can wire it, hook up exhaust, and plumb it up.

M

MasterP

@ juv: yeah, you would still need bottom heat because the mist will cool the soil with air moving over it. You need the soil temp around 90F, but the leaves and stuff need to be around 65-70. If you don't have bottom heat, the soil will just match the top and that won't work.

@ Bal: yeah, still waiting on my boiler. My buddy pulled a 2yr old one out of a place last week. Just waiting for him to dump it off so i can wire it, hook up exhaust, and plumb it up.
I swear you are mexican!!! :)