• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) What has happened to these forums?

Has stratics become insignificant to your gaming experience?

• Total voters

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when did the Catskills forums de-evolve into a list of advertisements about events.???
Where is the commentary , and discussions??.. Where is the debate on player style? Where is the controversy?? Where is the fire, the passion......these forums are becoming a snooze fest as every little group of 4-6 players host their tiny little insignificant event that maybe 4 others will attend.

Heck last week KS was scheduled for a tavern night and even KS forgot about it......and they are the largest guild on the shard....by far!

I am challenging the administration at stratics..... Good moderation involved more then deleting posts.... It involves stimulating discussion....

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see you have picked "rarely reads or posts."

Your activity suggests otherwise. In fact, Stratics is the busiest it's been in years. Just because we for the most part keep the Catskills boards drama free, doesn't mean you can't find it at all. Go check the UHall. The fact that events are being posted... Which by the way, are not insignificant by any means, is a great thing. It's an actual account or record of an activity going on here... A reminder that our shard is not dead. And just because you don't attend some of these events, does not make them any less important than yours. Btw, a lot more than just four are showing up to these things. More like 40... Which is a few more than the numbers that showed up for a "Christmas in Doom" event we had a while back.

You want discussion? Then get off your tush and inspire some discussion for Pete's sake.

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[QUOTE="Zuckuss, post: 2505441, member: 147091"
You want discussion? Then get off your tush and inspire some discussion for Pete's sake.[/QUOTE]

hear hear wild, you want move stuff to post about u post it, take screen shot of your kills and make a thread about

Jacuyl

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
What else is there to talk about? All the great discussion is going on in Uhall. Mostly about bugs, stupid changes to the game ( house decay bug, item decay changes, EC fixes past due - still can't read someone else's journal in EC, etc ) .

The IC posts in our RP subform are good reading, if you like to read fiction. The events here are alright and average more than 4.

Is there something else to talk about? Boring crafting chat? Who killed who in fel and arguing over numbers and scripting and 733T armor? lol..

edited to add, we should be in game not on forums, anyway

Inkboy the Wild

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Okay, I have to chime in (although I was trying to hold back) and not as a flame post, but I will say I am a little 'disturbed' by the initial post - unless the post, was truly, an attempt to just enliven discussion ;)

As I've become aware, Catskills is much more event oriented than I had thought. In fact, when I started my events the purpose was to bring more community activity to the shard and get people mixing, interacting and bring a little fun.

The raffles draw a rather good crowd (better when free) but either way have drawn good crowds. The UORadio events bring in a packed house and some of the highest listener counts UORadio has had in some time.

Catskills is doing well and the community is, also, which makes me very happy having this as my only shard since my first experience in UO a year after it was released.

So maybe it is annoying to read about events, although I am not sure why. Perhaps you should take the time to join in with us. Come to the events, have fun and take part. Hell, I am adding another monthly game show to Catskills by end of February which hopefully will become popular and fun as well.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but for me, the reason I STAY here when I could be playing "now" games like Elder Scrolls Online, etc., is because of the community and the events. I could slay monsters in a free, solo, game or a free MMORPG -- but not with this sense of community, friendship and closeness.

<<puts soap box away>>

Shanti Shanti Shanti and love ya all.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when did the Catskills forums de-evolve into a list of advertisements about events.???
Where is the commentary , and discussions??.. Where is the debate on player style? Where is the controversy?? Where is the fire, the passion......these forums are becoming a snooze fest as every little group of 4-6 players host their tiny little insignificant event that maybe 4 others will attend.

Heck last week KS was scheduled for a tavern night and even KS forgot about it......and they are the largest guild on the shard....by far!

I am challenging the administration at stratics..... Good moderation involved more then deleting posts.... It involves stimulating discussion....
What the fie didst thou just ploughin' sayeth about me, ye little knave? I’ll have ye know I graduated top of my class in the Royal Britannian Guard, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on AXIS, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top archer in the entire Britannian Guard. Thou art naught to me but just another insurance payout. I will wipe thee the fie out with precision the likes of which hath never been seen before in Sosaria, mark my ploughin' words. Thinkest thou can get away with saying that rubbish to me over Catskills Stratics? Think again, thou villianous ill-nurtured malt-worm. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across Britannia and thou art being traced right now so thou hast better prepare for the storm, bugbear. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing thou callest thine insurance gold. Thou art ploughin' dead, kid. I can recall anywhere, anytime, and I can slay thee in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I a legendary wrestler, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Royal Britannian Guard and I will use it to its full extent to wipe thy miserable arse off the face of the continent, thou little varlot. If only thou couldst have known what unholy retribution thy little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon thee, maybe thou wouldst have held thy ploughin' tongue. But thou couldst not, thou didst not, and now thou art paying the insurance cost, thou bootless milk-livered apple-john. I will bring down fury all over thee and thou wilt drown in it. Thou art ploughin' dead, kiddo.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What the fie didst thou just ploughin' sayeth about me, ye little knave? I’ll have ye know I graduated top of my class in the Royal Britannian Guard, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on AXIS, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top archer in the entire Britannian Guard. Thou art naught to me but just another insurance payout. I will wipe thee the fie out with precision the likes of which hath never been seen before in Sosaria, mark my ploughin' words. Thinkest thou can get away with saying that rubbish to me over Catskills Stratics? Think again, thou villianous ill-nurtured malt-worm. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across Britannia and thou art being traced right now so thou hast better prepare for the storm, bugbear. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing thou callest thine insurance gold. Thou art ploughin' dead, kid. I can recall anywhere, anytime, and I can slay thee in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I a legendary wrestler, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Royal Britannian Guard and I will use it to its full extent to wipe thy miserable arse off the face of the continent, thou little varlot. If only thou couldst have known what unholy retribution thy little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon thee, maybe thou wouldst have held thy ploughin' tongue. But thou couldst not, thou didst not, and now thou art paying the insurance cost, thou bootless milk-livered apple-john. I will bring down fury all over thee and thou wilt drown in it. Thou art ploughin' dead, kiddo.
So be it....let it begin....I will litter the ground with any RBG that that approaches me.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[QUOTE="Zuckuss, post: 2505441, member: 147091"
You want discussion? Then get off your tush and inspire some discussion for Pete's sake.
hear hear wild, you want move stuff to post about u post it, take screen shot of your kills and make a thread about[/QUOTE]

Be careful what you wish for Governor, or I will start posting pictures of your dead corpses where ever I leave them :)

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hear hear wild, you want move stuff to post about u post it, take screen shot of your kills and make a thread about
Be careful what you wish for Governor, or I will start posting pictures of your dead corpses where ever I leave them :)[/QUOTE]
so for it just show that u are mean and i die alot lol