• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What happens to storage after going FTP?

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let’s pretend i have 3 chars with 50-125-175 items in bank for each.

What happens to my bank storage when my account goes inactive for 120days entering the endless journey in spring 2018?

Thanks

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If they do it the way all other games do, you won't be able to add anything to the bank until you remove enough stuff to drop it below the new item limit.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is in the official announcement for EJ reguarding storage.

What kind of access to storage does an Endless Journey account have?

Previous veteran accounts have access to remove a limited amount of items from their bank box. Endless Journey accounts have access to a vault for secure storage that can be rented for in-game gold. Additional vault storage can be rented using tokens purchased from the Ultima Store.

What happens to my vault if I don’t pay the rent?

Vaults that become delinquent in their rent payments will be auctioned off to the highest bidder.

What happens to my bank if I am a veteran account and decide to close my account?

Nothing. Your bank will remain waiting for you until you decide to resubscribe or return as an Endless Journey account. The contents of your bank box will never be auctioned off. Remember though, Endless Journey accounts only have access to a limited number of items from their bank and may not add new items to it.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if im not mistaken you dont have access to your normal bank box if you use EJ.
and lets not call it FTP because that gives the false illusion that you have access to everything paying people do - and you dont.

from what i understand in my talks is that you get a separate bank box that is small, very small to use and you dont have access to any house's storage.
your original bank box will still be there untouchable by you until you reactivate.

the point being that you can play for free, but if you want to keep anything or horde you gonna have to pay!

at least that was what it was last time i checked.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Can't wait to see how this auction works on boxes that will probably just have newbie stuff. In general it sounds like a weak idea to me. Established players can still give their free accounts gold to pay for bank boxes and not think twice about it. Basically storage for gold. New players however I see this as a burden where they are forced to play and earn gold or lose all their stuff. I'd rather see them be able to take all the time they want to learn the game even if they take a break for a month or two. People tend not to come back after they lose their stuff, especially in the beginning when they have no idea what they're doing.