• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What happened to UO Assist

Miretar

Journeyman
We tried to download it but the program is no longer available—we got the message download failed—no file. There are no links to it on the Tugsoft site.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We tried to download it but the program is no longer available—we got the message download failed—no file. There are no links to it on the Tugsoft site.
Yes there is. Left side under "updates."

1654777856246.png

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Yes there is. Left side under "updates."

View attachment 131115
That link no longer works

"No file" or "File missing"
This error means that you're trying to download a file that doesn't exist on this site or has been moved to another area of the site.
To fix the error, contact the website owner, or try to find the file on a different site.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That link no longer works

"No file" or "File missing"
This error means that you're trying to download a file that doesn't exist on this site or has been moved to another area of the site.
To fix the error, contact the website owner, or try to find the file on a different site.
Ohhh, you are correct! I didn't think to click it since I have UOA already d/l.

Miretar

Journeyman
I've always found it weird that people still expect a decades old program they paid for once decades ago to still be updated and maintained
It worked a month ago. I would also be happy to pay for it. In any case, that is not the issue here.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i said this before, the devs need to make program for cc that compares to ec/pinco or make an illegal program legal. its not rocket science, the 2 clients need to be semi fair. honest players, probably not many left lol, are getting so screw by the devs. alot of people highly pissed off. this latest event and em events are run by the multi char users with auto scripts, auto loot, heal, cure. trap box, auto target, auto follow, what ever. i feel the only way things will change is enough people voice there concerns. if the devs dont want to listen, new leadership maybe needed. just by opinions

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We need one client and honestly probably fewer shards but will never get either
you are soooo correct!
we need to finally be done with that EC.
let's be honest, only weirdos and short bus kids play on the EC.
let's stick with the tried and true original CC.
that's how the game was intended to be played.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
you are soooo correct!
we need to finally be done with that EC.
let's be honest, only weirdos and short bus kids play on the EC.
let's stick with the tried and true original CC.
that's how the game was intended to be played.
If they were going to only allow one client it should probably not be either CC or EC. I would rather use a particular open source client that is actively developed and maintained by a competent group of people.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tug made a pretty penny for UOA, considering he created it using the source key that was on the T2A disk I think ? Back then Origin probably had at least 50-100k unique active accounts, all paying 15 bucks to use UOA's features, but that was over 20 yrs ago, the equivalent of 50k/yr. I'm sure Tug long ago, ran out of UOA money.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they were going to only allow one client it should probably not be either CC or EC. I would rather use a particular open source client that is actively developed and maintained by a competent group of people.
I hate to say it but you are right there. I been using EC since it came out and with CC when I needed it. But then jumped onto the one you are talking about it pretty much toke the easy of the EC and added it to CC but still missing a few things

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i said this before, the devs need to make program for cc that compares to ec/pinco or make an illegal program legal. its not rocket science, the 2 clients need to be semi fair. honest players, probably not many left lol, are getting so screw by the devs. alot of people highly pissed off. this latest event and em events are run by the multi char users with auto scripts, auto loot, heal, cure. trap box, auto target, auto follow, what ever. i feel the only way things will change is enough people voice there concerns. if the devs dont want to listen, new leadership maybe needed. just by opinions
If the devs would spend time importing (maybe not the correct term) the CC graphics ( and allow for icon placement outside a hotbar) into the EC so that you could toggle which ones you preferred, I would be willing to learn a new macro system, etc. So would a lot of other people. It should not be all that difficult - I would imagine it would be similar to applying a texture pack mod to an old game.

R00

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The client you speak of is a mishmash of both, honestly. Sadly, it is not maintained for use on OSI (BS?) servers so numerous glitches abound...

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
I’m still waiting for an answer to my question. There has been no reply from Tugsoft.
Tugsoft dose not post here. You need to email him and he may or may not answer you. Last update was 2018 and his copyright runs out 2022

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The client you speak of is a mishmash of both, honestly. Sadly, it is not maintained for use on OSI (BS?) servers so numerous glitches abound...
This. Just look at the types of issues on github that are reported. Despite active development, it still doesnt look as production ready as many would assume.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The lack of UOA comes down to a single question:

How do I create a bandage pet macro in the CC?
What I use 99% of the time when it's not a pet that I have a UOA macro for....

Before going into combat, I use a bandage on the pet
Then use a CC Macro of -

"Last object
Last Target"

It's the swiss army knife of CC Macros, useful for everything from cross-healing, to resource gathering, to going through stacked corpses to open the one you want.

You just got to prime it first with the object and target, and redo that if you switch objects or targets (like if you go from bandaging to looting or skinning)

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Given that this is UO, and its player base, you do know how that would end up, right? We'll have three actively maintained clients, because BS would be afraid 2/3 of the players would quit if they can either of the existing clients.