• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What happened to the West Coast/Asian Shards?

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um did the cleaning lady trip over the server powercord? All of japan and west coast shards poofed. I went to log out and switch characters and got the lovely some problem with origin message. When I finally was taken to the server page after trying a few times the shards were gone :(

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Um did the cleaning lady trip over the server powercord? All of japan and west coast shards poofed. I went to log out and switch characters and got the lovely some problem with origin message. When I finally was taken to the server page after trying a few times the shards were gone :(
Same here! :(

Lavender

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I was on Napa Valley logged in, and just fine. A Guild mate said they weren't able to login so I logged out and now it's missing off my list as well. But I WAS on the server just fine and didn't see any performance issues.

I feel bad for the person who will inevitably crash in a dangerous location and not be able to get back in.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was on Napa Valley logged in, and just fine. A Guild mate said they weren't able to login so I logged out and now it's missing off my list as well. But I WAS on the server just fine and didn't see any performance issues.

I feel bad for the person who will inevitably crash in a dangerous location and not be able to get back in.

Yea usually im in a dungeon and the lose connection screen comes up and the shards gone.. by the time im back in im OooooOooo lol.. but in this case the server was acting fine. I wish i had not logged out now thou lol.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I was switching toons and....

Is it coming back tonight?

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
id like to hope so but since its past 12 east coast time im going to assume no :/

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There aren't many shards left...hopefully this can be fixed soon. Kind of strange that Oceania is still there even though Asia, Europe, and the West Coast are all gone though. I guess Australia has a separate server or something.

Untitled.png

Lavender

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I think I find it most curious that it happened at Midnight Eastern pretty much right on the nose.

Garrett.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Doesn't surprise me that Europa has gone, it's been flaky all week with lag spikes. Hopefully a reboot or whatever will sort it out when it comes back.

Garrett.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Atlantic gone now.... Be nice if they now implemented the Jolly Roger :pirate: give out for downtime/loss of game time - Europa been gone over 6 hours now.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Down for 6 hours and not even acknowledged yet. Nice to know someones minding the store.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
East coast are the last ones to go down for maintenance. Siege just went down - wondering if it will come back up!

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
if you haven't already, log into any shard & page a GM to inform them of the outage. chances are they don't know there's an issue unless it's reported. i did this about 20 minutes ago but the more people reporting the problem the more likely the issue will be escalated.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Looks like they definitely need a new hamster...or two! Surely there was someone looking after the European and Asian servers? It does seem weird that Oceania is fine. Now we just have to wait till they all get in to work and fix whatever broke... :(

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shards are back up and from what i see there was no revert thank god lol...still kinda sucks they were down for well over 6 hrs and no explanation... cant say i'm surprised thou.