• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What happened to .. the daily peerless group?

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A couple years back we used to gather at 8pm uk time in umbra to do some peerless or champ spawns. I would like to revive that custom. Anyone interested?

What's with Alyx Astarsis, Kraken, Myphsar, Ashkan and those whos names i can't remember anymore?

I know i wont be able to appear every day at the bank. It always depends on my job. But i would try to be there as often as possible.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Less and less people turned up, I think the last one at umbra was December 08 :(

It got so just Alyx, Star and myself turned up .. a few times I was the only one there :sad3:

Ash and Deimos quit. I see Myph and Kraken now and again, but they keep disappearing. Not seen Vix in awhile either.

Others like Leon, Marcus, Monkey have totally disappeared, haven't heard from them in years :sad4:

Alyx started a weekly hunt, on tuesdays I think, but from Britain bank to try bring new life to it as its been dead since the invasion. He started to get a good crowd together, but then I think some of the EM events were on tuesdays and the peerless hunts got forgotten :(

I'd be up for starting the hunts again, they were always fun :thumbup1:

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never made it to the Umbra peerless hunts "back then", but had great fun at the Tuesday outings last year - and if the boardie peerless group is gonna start hunting again I´ll be happy to join as often as I can :).

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So which day is the best to not interfere with the EM stuff or your guild hunts, Odin? :)

it's fine if we start with a weekly hunt and see how it turns out. Can always do more days per week. Daily hunts like in 2008 might be too much for now. :)

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*waves to Ayara* :)

So which day is the best to not interfere with the EM stuff or your guild hunts, Odin? :)

it's fine if we start with a weekly hunt and see how it turns out. Can always do more days per week. Daily hunts like in 2008 might be too much for now. :)
I think most events atm are on wednesdays, thursdays and sundays .. but there have been some random ones too. Others on here probably have a better idea on events then me.

Guild hunts are thursdays and sundays.

What days are good for everyone else?

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm good for any day without an EM Event, And when there isn't a Chicken Battle, As I help out there. So Tuesdays, Fridays or Saturdays.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've still got a lot of content to catch up on, so I'd be interested in these too... I can make pretty much any day myself if it's 8pm, although obviously the EM events might clash as mentioned...

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That basically leaves the saturday. :)

From my past experiences the fridays where the least frequented because most went to parties and stuff to relax from a week of hard work / school.

Shall we postpone this stuff until the football championship is over? Seeing myself i have watched every game so far, even tho i don't care for football. But it's nice to hang out with mates, drink a couple of cool beers etc.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I can't wait for the football to be over, so I'll be up for early ones at least! :p I've not seen any of the Mondain's Legacy Dungeons yet, so I'd like to wander about those, and I'd like to kill Dreadhorn at least once, and... basically anything but bloody football!

O

Ozzmandias

Alyx gave me my first taste of peerless a few years back, and I know he's been keen to get these set up again, so I would happily join in to make up the numbers.

I'm in the US at the moment, but will try and get on, Saturdays and Sundays be easier for that I guess. Other days are fine, but can only do when I'm working from home.

Cheers

Oz

Claninwat

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will try and remember to make an appearance. Just got back to UO after quite a lengthly absence (Clanin / Antikas if you remember me :thumbup1: ).

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes i do remember you. Tried to start with it this friday, Odin offered pregathering keys for dreadhorn but now that new live event seems to go live this week. That's why this weeks peerless seems to have been cancelled. :sad3:

edit:
Seems the new live event has been postponed for another week so we might be doing some dreadhorns. I'll be there at the umbra bank at 8pm uk time (21:00cet).

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll be there at the umbra bank at 8pm uk time (21:00cet).
Boo! Hiss!

Why not Britain bank again? Give it some life! :sad3:

@ Claninwat - Hi Clanin, I don't remember a char called Antikas, but I do remember a Clanin, hope to see you at the hunt :)

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only said Umbra because that's how it used to be. Okay tho .. .let gather in Britain at the arcane circle.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I only said Umbra because that's how it used to be. Okay tho .. .let gather in Britain at the arcane circle.
Yay! :danceb:

A bit of info/advice for anyone who hasn't been into Twisted Weald, Adol :)

You need to get through the desert to collect keys and to get to the altar to place them, but you can't run through it. Theres usually lots of nasties in the desert, dire wolves and changelings (including the occasional para), and the dryads can make it a problem to get through - I normally run through groups of nasties to get to where I want to be, with a pre-cast invis, but I wouldn't advise this here. If a dryad is aggro'd onto something, they use their 'gaze' attack and peace everything in the area and if you have a group of changelings on your arse, or a para, that normally means one dead player. I use the honor virtue on myself to get through - follower level gives you enough time, not sure about seeker.

If your a tamer with a GD, its best to leave it by the sparkles just inside Weald with the pixies, honor yourself, walk through the desert and relog for GD at the swamp entrance - this is what I normally do on my tamer.

In the swamp area DO NOT walk in any of the pools, they spawn more nasties which don't have any keys. The pool south east of Lady's Sabrix and Lissith is the worst, it spawns Malefic and Virulent, two supercharged versions of Sabrix and Lissith, they cast, poison and mortal strike.

Also in the swamp spawns Spite, Guile and Irk, three supercharged changelings. Normally we lure Spite and Guile out of the way somewhere as they don't have any keys on them. Irk we need, as it has one of the needed keys.

Keys we'll need are:
Thorny Briar (purplish thorn bush, that you can just pick up in the desert)
Gnaw's Fang (off Gnaw, a supercharged blue dire wolf found in the cave at the end of the desert)
Blighted Cotton (greenish cotton plant, that you can just pick up in the swamp)
Sabrix's Eye and Lissith's Silk (off the two lovely Lady spider's mentioned earlier ;))
Irk's Brain (off Irk surprisingly :lol:)

SDA1A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would very much so be interested in joining in. Come up with a definite day and more or less count me in.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many thanks go to Odi (Zippy), Vaire annd Ayara-Bee for showing up. Was a funny 2 Dreadhorns. More to come next friday. :=)

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been to the Weld before, and yes got butchered by the shapeshifters alas... I think I got as far as the northern edge before they overwhelmed me and wouldn't let me have my corpse back!

However I missed the thread yesterday so I didn't know you were going on a Friday, I assumed it would be a Saturday :( I'll know now for next week, but if anyone fancies weekend hunting too, I'll keep checking this today!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe one of u guys should take lead and post when the peerless is goona be next... ie peerless no2 friday the xxxx ...8 oclock....etc etc like with the chicken battle etc etc

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iam trying to, THP.

I can't make it to this weeks hunt. I got a unexpected appointment.

Maybe you (those who want to help with the group) just hunt the ophs together and work as a team. It wasn't so hard to get stuff done in a group when the peerless board group was active.

O

Ozzmandias

I'd like to come along to this group, the folks here helped me back into the game after a 3 year away stint so I'd like to repay the Karmic debt as it were. I'm not much good of course, but I can whack a few mongbats out of the way ;)

Trouble is, Friday is pretty rubbish for me to make it.

Anyone play late nights UK time? Like from 10PM onwards?

Don't want to set up a competing group, but maybe some people play later becuse of work, or play from the US or somesuch.

Sooo, any night owls out there?

Cheers

Oz

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's another Kas posting, but I have seen Kas Valentine playing in the last couple of weeks.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iam not Kas Valentine. That's a different person. I'll try to gather 1 or 2 sets for the Grizzle today. Depends on the RNG (thesis notes drops). For those who havn't done a Grizzle yet, bring mages and archers.

I'll use the character most suited. Either tamer/disco or mage/weaver or sam/archer. One disco is a must. Tamers should know, that the pet will die often (and the tamer probably too). It always happens in a mixed group of strangers.

Gathering point will be britain bank (weaver circle). 8pm UK time (21:00h CET)

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iam not Kas Valentine. That's a different person. I'll try to gather 1 or 2 sets for the Grizzle today. Depends on the RNG (thesis notes drops). For those who havn't done a Grizzle yet, bring mages and archers.

I'll use the character most suited. Either tamer/disco or mage/weaver or sam/archer. One disco is a must. Tamers should know, that the pet will die often (and the tamer probably too). It always happens in a mixed group of strangers.

Gathering point will be britain bank (weaver circle). 8pm UK time (21:00h CET)
How much Discord is needed? I could bring my Treasure Hunter if it's not too much, otherwise a pet-less mage/tamer maybe? I want to start seeing some of these events at last!

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much Discord is needed? I could bring my Treasure Hunter if it's not too much, otherwise a pet-less mage/tamer maybe? I want to start seeing some of these events at last!
160 barding and no slayer.

O

Ozzmandias

Argh!!

Gonna be 30 mins late by the look of it. I'm a dab hand at getting keys for any and all the peerless though, so if anyone has a suggestion for where they would like to go next time Ill grab them for the group.

Cheers

Oz

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We did 3 Grizzles. Bee got a Tombstone on the second run and i got a Mare on the last run. No casualties this time. The Team did well considering some never killed Grizzle before.

Oz: the easiest to collect is Melisande as you can keep the quest open (while completed) until the hunt starts.

What about next week (09.july 2010)? Want to collect for jabba (Parox)? How about a couple Doom Gauntlet runs? I'd donate the skulls for the crew. So either Jabba and Meli or Doom Gauntlet.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a bard with 120 provo / disco there and a chivalry tamer. If someone else brings a bard i'll stick to the tamer. Otherwise i use the bard. If iam on the bard all we need is damage dealers, so pick whatever character you have.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont have used any of the new baring skills (spellsong?). My tamer is a chiv tamer with 100 medi 100 focus so i can heal from distance. Vet near the father is a tough job.

O

Ozzmandias

Anyone going to be around for a Saturday run?

Be good to see folks again, and meet the new peeps.

Cheers

Oz

O

Ozzmandias

Usual Deal then? 20:00 Uk time at Brit bank?

(In 1h 45 minutes from this message if that helps).

Anyone else just turn up...

There's a spellweaver circle thing at 19:00, I may mention it then too.

O

Ozzmandias

Thanks for the hunts folks, Dawnstar (Mel) Traveller, Hex and a few WoY guildies went to Jabba.

All Good fun, not too many deaths, and most of them bloomin well mine :stretcher:

Meeting up again tomorrow at 20:00 UK Time, if anyone is up for it!

Cheers

Oz

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd hope to make tonight's then; I'd have done yesterday's too, but alas the family turned up unexpectedly, and I was out all day... Hopefully I'll see Jabba in a few weeks when it's his turn again!

V

Vaklu

What one planned tonight? I wanna do a shimmering because i've never done it!

'Shar

O

Ozzmandias

Another good round of hunts, did three Dreads and one Mel. Was a bit of a massacre really since we had quite a few with us!

Only two deaths and they were mine *again* Although both were spikes while dropping so I ain't counting them.

Trying to tie the board name with char names, so here's mine:

Ozimandius (Sampire Dexxer)
Scaramanaga (Necro SW Mage)
Bob the Banjo (Provo Tamer)
Ballista (ABC Necro Archer)
Fisher King (Disco Provo Thunter)
Iron Balls (Crafter)

Gonna be away for a bit, going back to the UK for my birthday, the daily SW circle at Brit Bank at 19:00 UK time seems a good place to meet to set up for the hunt at 20:00 though...

Cheers

Oz

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Adol = Aron Swordmaster, who is currently a Tamer/Mage.... I got rubbish every time, not even a Dread Head... but it was good to see both Melisande and Dread Horn, even if buried under huge dragons! (The hand in for Dread was 3 strongboxes, also full of rubbish, although I did keep the purple parrot in for Acantha, is she returns to the game)