• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What happened to the bookcase?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few years ago (before I skilled up a carpenter) I swear I remember having a few empty looking bookcases in my home for deco that someone crafted for me.

Now that I have a somewhat skilled up carpenter, I can't seem to find the option to make one. The closest I can find is the academic bookcase:

and the broken bookcase.

Is my memory broken, or do I need to do a quest to get a recipe to build an empty looking bookcase or something?

While on the topic, since I have a heritage token, does the broken bookcase act as a container also? Or is it only deco?

deadlysandwich

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's called "wooden shelf" on the carpentry menu; and no, the broken bookcase cannot be used as a container.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's called "wooden shelf" on the carpentry menu; and no, the broken bookcase cannot be used as a container.

Thank you sir. I did not know if the broken bookcase would be able to work as a container or not. Only seconds after posting I found the "wooden shelf" hehe. So I now feel a bit dumb.

I heard a rumor though, not long ago about a bookcase that changes appearance due to how full it is? Can anyone confirm? And or give a name/link to what it's called?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Actually the full bookcase is called the academic bookcase and requires the stolen (from Umbra dungeon) academic books to craft.

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to clarify:

I heard a rumor though, not long ago about a bookcase that changes appearance due to how full it is? Can anyone confirm? And or give a name/link to what it's called?

The bookcase in question is the one on sale at the uostore (UO Game Code Store - Product Details ) it does change its graphics. The one Flutter mentions only displays as a full case regardless of being empty/full.

The academic books needed to craft it are a stealable spawn in the Bedlam champ spawn area under bedlam.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Flutter, and Uther Pendragon.

So then... there are a total of 4 bookcases then?

"Wooden shelf"
"Broken Bookcase"
"Academic Bookcase"
"Wooden Bookcase"

I'm trying to build a library in my home, and trying to find out all the bookcases there are.

Sadly, I could not find an academic book for sale anywhere that I could use to craft the Academic Bookcase...on any shard. I don't suppose I could ask the aid of a thief to help me procure one? :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
They are a hard thing to get and the people who are getting them aren't selling them.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Black Sun is correct. I was obsessed with them for a while. (Siege sometimes makes you do nutty things to stay entertained)

I collected a couple dozen of them and have since given most away.

There are three locations the academic books spawn in down in Bedlam. Just so you lnow.