• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What happened to Rivendell?

Gairc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
As the title says does anyone know what happened to atlantic fel town of rivendell?
I know i'm more than likely one of the old members that still pops in consistently, but it was here when i last played in dec. Did it all fall or something else?
if anyone has any info on what happend and could let me know?

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh wow. It was there as of a few months ago. If I had to guess, I would think that Zym Dragon finally closed his accounts. All of the houses in the guard zone are gone and Zym owned all of those including what was left of the Hungry Halfling. He kept it up all these years, not out of the question to think that he finally got tired of holding a ghost town.

I'm sure very few are left who remember what a hub of activity Rivendell was. I have a lot of good memories of my early UO times in Rivendell. Surely an end of an era.

Gairc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Oh wow. It was there as of a few months ago. If I had to guess, I would think that Zym Dragon finally closed his accounts. All of the houses in the guard zone are gone and Zym owned all of those including what was left of the Hungry Halfling. He kept it up all these years, not out of the question to think that he finally got tired of holding a ghost town.

I'm sure very few are left who remember what a hub of activity Rivendell was. I have a lot of good memories of my early UO times in Rivendell. Surely an end of an era.
Yah it is entirely possible he did. From what i remember the place was 'blessed' or protected or something like that to prevent some of the more main buildings from falling i could be wrong. I have not talked to him in about a year or so. The one messaging thing i have him one he hasn't been on for about 2 months. I can't find or remember where i had his e-mail ether. For the longest time it was just him, lance, me, and the occasional member popping in form time to time. Then that Dwindled down to me playing for a few months on then few months off over pas two to three years.

With the exception of a few outlying houses that passed hands a lot though out the years, Zym controlled the core 12 Rivendell houses. I still control the 3 main guilds. I have been using a few of the building for wherehousing of storage , Zym too over the years. I would like to know when it all fell and if possible to retrieve some of the more personable or historical stuff like roses or guild stones. ( I know I don't have much in the way of the current economy but would be hoping to barter ,trade etc.. if i could).

I know UO has declined over the years ( It's still here when countless other mmos have come and gone) And i'm prone to being sentimental Having been part of Rivendell senice 97 or 98. It has always been a bit of an anchor for me in UO that i keep coming back every few months even in its ghost town state. It feels like a complete shame that it went quietly like that . Poof! 22 years and almost nothing left to show of its existence. I don't know the feasibility of it but i would like to try and Talk to the powers that be, who would have say over sutch things to try and have some kinda marker or something placed.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Evermoor, Wintermoor, Rivendell, sad to see all the historical and once busy hubs of the community going away.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is very sad news. Atlantic still has a lot of her old treasures saved but unfortunately there is no value placed on them and no sanctioned way to save their memory.

rivendell11c.jpg

rivendell91.jpg

Last edited: