• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] What happened to adding Black Staffs as a craftable?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
In the last HoC chat (http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=31297) I asked about the ability to craft black staffs.

Zephenia <Obsidian> Can black staffs be added as a craftable? If not, can monsters drop exceptional ones? This goes for all of the uncraftable common items (deer masks, pitchforks, wands, etc)

Mesanna Yes we can make black staffs craftable.
I went through test center and looked at both the blacksmithing and carpentry menu. I don't see Black Staffs added. Can this get added into Pub 65 before release? Please? Pretty Please? With sugar on top??? My mace fighter thanks you in advance!

-OBSIDIAN-

C

Cloak&Dagger

In the last HoC chat (http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=31297) I asked about the ability to craft black staffs.

I went through test center and looked at both the blacksmithing and carpentry menu. I don't see Black Staffs added. Can this get added into Pub 65 before release? Please? Pretty Please? With sugar on top??? My mace fighter thanks you in advance!

-OBSIDIAN-
You would think this would be as easy as simply adding a single line to the crafting menu code, "add button x, when pressed make x item" Basically. But maybe there is something more complicated at work when it comes to certain items, nothing I can think of but just a thought that it is not as easy as that.

I second the plea to adding this, have had Macing for years, and still do not have a black staff really worth boasting about. >.<

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just checked my Smith on Origin now that pub 65 is live there and still no ability to craft black staffs. :confused:

This should be very easy to add.

-OBSIDIAN-

Aerodice

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they do add them, I hope they are made with carpentry and not blacksmithing.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they will get added within the next publish or two. I didn't get the impression from the HOC chat that it was something they were going to do immediately.

L

Liquid_Ape

If they do add them, I hope they are made with carpentry and not blacksmithing.
Best case scenario, they just add them to a craft menu someplace.
Worst case scenario, they won't add them.

Facepalm scenario: they add them but you need a receipe and special ingredients like crystalized blackrock.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Carpentry would be cool because then you could enhance with Ash for an extra 10% SSI. But I think they are actually a metal staff so smithing should apply. Either way I will be happy when I can get an exceptional black staff to imbue up to 500 intensity.

-OBSIDIAN-

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Black staffs are repaired by carpenters, so I assume that they will also be made by carpenters.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would be happy with either carpentry or with blacksmith too. Carpentry gets the SSI from ash wood and smithy has the ancient hammers to help with enhancing.