• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what happened at Brit Bank?

F

feath

I've been gone 15 months, so sorry for this rather stupid question. I just dropped by the bank in Britain, and see its been remodled to let people sit around and stuff.
but theres NO ONE there? it looks really ... strange.
So where's everyone hanging out now?

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone is hanging out at Luna Bank in Malas.

The bank was redesigned last year after Slugmaster won an EA competition.

F

feath

thank you :)
but why aren't people using brit anymore? looks ideal for the bank sitters.
I remember when they gutted old Haven, and took out the community there. its sad when that happens :(

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need to launch an invasion of Luna so we all move back. Cause people just won't move back to Brit from Luna which is a shame cause luna sucks.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was an invasion of Britain which meant it wasnt safe at Brit bank. The invasion went on far too long and people deserted Brit bank for Luna bank. It would take a similar thing to happen in Luna to reverse this now it seems.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or maybe just us, you know.... doing something there? Might help.....

K

Kayne

Feath welcome back. As a recent returnee its bloody brilliant to see you back as well.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you :)
but why aren't people using brit anymore? looks ideal for the bank sitters.
Luna has all the shops around the bank in like several seconds walk. It has a moongate that goes BOTH ways and an Inn.

Yes I would love to be standing at Britain but Luna is so damn useful, As ugly as it is.

F

feath

Luna has all the shops around the bank in like several seconds walk. It has a moongate that goes BOTH ways and an Inn.

Yes I would love to be standing at Britain but Luna is so damn useful, As ugly as it is.
When I left, people swore on their grandmothers bones they'd never shop in luna, due to prices. I'm guessing those prices have become more reasonable/competitive?

bobar said:
There was an invasion of Britain which meant it wasnt safe at Brit bank. The invasion went on far too long and people deserted Brit bank for Luna bank. It would take a similar thing to happen in Luna to reverse this now it seems.
oh, i see! those invasions are killers. thanks for updating me!

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

WBB has an Inn as well - Moongate might be an argument if everybody would not have
a runebooks anyway - and would prefer specialized shops in the right environments - adds
some very nice extras to the shopping experience - unfortunately there doesnt seem to
be a lot of those around :(

I think Luna is really overestimated, its not only ugly - it also lacks any real athmosphere
(in my eyes) - i wonder why Zento hadent won the race when WBB was invaded.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the ultimate solution for Luna.

Anyone who opens the door, Instantly 4 balron paragons will spawn. If they close the door, 10 balrons will then spawn outside the bank.

Finally when you try escape via the Moongate, Nathan Hawke the paragon will instantly kill you.

If this setup is kept active for... Ever, We should see Britain return to normal use.

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a moongate at WBB that can take you straight to Luna! Start the movement! Get those firesteeds and eye-bleeding neon outfits over there!

M

mustafa

i might be wrong in this but everyone mover to luna on the shadowlords invasion that was not in brit itself so was still safe it was lurers takin the mobs from the grave yard to the bank for so called fun but if im wrong ooops ;0 anyway just to say u all moan about luna but you are mostly the ones still sitting there i dont get it tbh

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it was during the despise invasion? When all the Ettins and Cyclops etc were all over the city?

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it was during the despise invasion? When all the Ettins and Cyclops etc were all over the city?
That was atleast one of the invasions anyway.

Looking through screenshots we also had an EM event with an undead invasion:

Gotta love the pre-greater dragon era.

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the ultimate solution for Luna.

Anyone who opens the door, Instantly 4 balron paragons will spawn. If they close the door, 10 balrons will then spawn outside the bank.

Finally when you try escape via the Moongate, Nathan Hawke the paragon will instantly kill you.

If this setup is kept active for... Ever, We should see Britain return to normal use.
This made my entire weekend. Thank you. Really thank you

- James

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The great and noble white wyrms, how i miss them. Rarely see them anymore.

F

feath

It seems to me, which ever city we went to, would be the city the dev's send the invation to. Pick a city you WANT destroyed and deserted.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i might be wrong in this but everyone mover to luna on the shadowlords invasion that was not in brit itself so was still safe it was lurers takin the mobs from the grave yard to the bank for so called fun but if im wrong ooops ;0 anyway just to say u all moan about luna but you are mostly the ones still sitting there i dont get it tbh
You were not able to recal in when the city was under attack, so people started to move to luna. If i remember correctly

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You were not able to recal in when the city was under attack, so people started to move to luna. If i remember correctly
*begin rant*

Yup thats right for about 6 months or something ridiculous like that, nobody could recall in to Brit.

The event went from fun to boring in about a month and for the next five months it dragged on and on...and on...and on....and on...

...and on...

To the point that it was less used than the legacy dungeons in tram by the time it was finally turned off....

Then for some reason they decided to let UO players actually desecrate Brit bank to the point that its almost unrecognisable now. Plus all my recall spots are blocked and because its so much of an eyesore I can not be bothered to mark new runes.

*rant over*

Have a good weekend everyone :mf_prop:

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was atleast one of the invasions anyway.

Looking through screenshots we also had an EM event with an undead invasion:

Gotta love the pre-greater dragon era.

I thought that was a White Wyrmm invasion when i first saw it :p

L

Lady_Mina

WBB is ok...
Has a nice smithy forge...but sadly no smiths available like back in the old days :(

Although to do trades and to actualy see people you have to be at Luna bank.
I bank there aswell...just to double check i'm still playing an ONLINE game and not offline.

Lord Finesse of LS

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I say we have an event to blow up LUNA. Like magincia... i want to see community's in all the towns again , u live in moonglow , u go to moonglow bank... was nice:)... But yeah....Luna is too easy for all,.. what are we lazy now?..C'mon this is a game. We have fun! Brit bank:thumbup1: for me:gun:

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I prefer makoto, it is pretty, not ugly and has everything u need just like luna, makoto over luna ne day

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I say we have an event to blow up LUNA. Like magincia... i want to see community's in all the towns again , u live in moonglow , u go to moonglow bank... was nice:)...
Hmmm ... I still always use Moonglow bank, if only to wipe off the dust from the display cases and the minters uniforms *g*

L

Lady_Mina

some people did suggest at an em meet to blow back some life into brit bank by sending an invasion to Luna.

However few days later we had a mini-invasion at trinsic...
not quite Luna...but maybe some day we'll have an invasion at Luna.

Although i doubt it...since there's a lot of player housing/shops there...
wich would make a lot of shop owners angry.

slugmaster

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It might sound crazy, but I don't like how Britain bank ended after the re-design, the original design was purple, and was changed to blue due to popular demand and the agreement of EM Messana, wich is the one in charge of the bank re-design. But there are, in my opinion some details that destroy the harmony of the design, like those white seats, white shield, blue sign and door, crazy chaos blue statues(waaaay too fashion)... that was not in the original design. Plus plants over the bank are all messed up, since when plants grow out in the cement? I been trying to contact Messana but it didn't work, so I agree with you guys, the bank as it is now, is u g l y, and I feel part guilty. Please someone make a new thread about this if you want it changed, I'm sure they will hear ya. I am not going to bother EA staff anymore, good luck!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please someone make a new thread about this if you want it changed, I'm sure they will hear ya. I am not going to bother EA staff anymore, good luck!
If they won't listen to direct contact, I doubt a post on Stratics will make them listen. I quite like the bank it isn't that bad, Its just nice to have atleast something on it!

L

Lady_Mina

It might sound crazy, but I don't like how Britain bank ended after the re-design, the original design was purple, and was changed to blue due to popular demand and the agreement of EM Messana, wich is the one in charge of the bank re-design. But there are, in my opinion some details that destroy the harmony of the design, like those white seats, white shield, blue sign and door, crazy chaos blue statues(waaaay too fashion)... that was not in the original design. Plus plants over the bank are all messed up, since when plants grow out in the cement? I been trying to contact Messana but it didn't work, so I agree with you guys, the bank as it is now, is u g l y, and I feel part guilty. Please someone make a new thread about this if you want it changed, I'm sure they will hear ya. I am not going to bother EA staff anymore, good luck!
LOL yeah brit west bank does carry your name.
Yeah goodluck on contacting EA....that's like mission impossible.

Soo many have tried...

L

Lady_Mina

Friend of mine tried to retrieve her old account back from a friend who sold it and she called EA...

She was first connected with EA america who sent her through to EA india...

Even on the phone...it's hard to communicate with EA.

slugmaster

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must be lucky i got in touch with UO coordinator then EM messana for the bank thingy. But only met a couple of times to get the bank done, even there are details left and some bugs, after that I never got answered again. Messana said she would be back to fix it and add little deco details when she have some free time, but thats what, half year ago.. and I think she is even more busy now, kind of a leader of Event moderators, so.. I think there are 0 chances of geting it done.
At least don't blame me, id rather have old bank back, with people included than our new fashioned empty bank.

L

Lady_Mina

*still waits for pics of the original design*

what is up with those misplaced flowers near that fountain?