• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What exactly is Damage Modifier

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I obtained a quiver of elements with 10% damage modifier. What does that mean? Does it only impact arrows or crossbolts, or does it impact all damage (including melee using a sword)? Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damage Modifier is an item property that is found only on certain quivers. It works as follows, after all of the damage calculations are made, after all of an opponent's resistances are calculated, the total amount of damage is increased by the percentage indicated on the quiver. Currently, all of the quivers that possess the item property have a Damage Modifier of 10%.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Does it only impact arrows? What about melee damage with say an ornate axe?

-OBSIDIAN-

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did some testing and took on and off my quiver when fighting the same monsters. Did not made any difference in damage with wearing the quiver. So it seems that Damage Modifier don't ad for melee weapons.

N

Nenime

Yes, me too. I put on and off the Quivers of Infinity, Elements and Fire and tested it first on Ice Fiends and then on Ogre Lords. The problem is that the resistances are random so you can't really say for sure what made the difference. But I did it for quite some time and I would validate what Frarc found out: Not applicable to melee damage. "Of course", you could say "it's a Quiver!". Not that easy because the 5% DCI of the Quiver of Infinity DOES count on a Melee.

I think this is an interesting question for FoF. I checked them since March 2006. There were two question about the damage type of Quivers but only related to Archery. I searched the Knowlegde base too without results.
Additionally to your question you could also ask if the equipped Quiver overrides the damage type of the melee weapon like it does on a bow. (Obviously not but I would like to read the explanation resp. the verification for this as well.)

I would have sent it in already but the feedback site is not encrypted and I refuse to sent sensitive data like my account name this way. (I'm kind of a chicken in this regard :p)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the replies. This has both confused and intrigued me. I read the same info from old FoF, Stratics, and UOGuide, but none of it gave me a good answer. I'll have to see if I can submit this as a FOF question.

I don't have a Quiver of Infinity (QoI), so as far as I can tell, quivers are useless to me as a melee weapon wielder. The 5% DCI from the QoI is the only trait that would be helpful. Too bad... I rejoined too late to get a Heritage token so I guess my only option is saving and buying on a vendor. The Spring Tickets system has the negative side effect of boosting the prices for these items (grrr).

Are there any other items that fit in the cloak slot that have positive properties (like the QoI)?

-OBSIDIAN-

N

Nenime

Are there any other items that fit in the cloak slot that have positive properties (like the QoI)?
Really not much I know of. Maybe Melissa's Cloak which gives you at least +5% Fire Resist.

But concerning the Heritage Token... did you read my reply to your question in the other thread?