• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what exactly is a grandfathered house

StarstrukK

Adventurer
my buddy recently came back to the game after 7 years and his house is still standing and grandfathered. Unfortunately it's on a dead shard but we are wondering what grandfathered actually means is there any benefit to this house status?

Syncros

Adventurer
Owning more then 1 house on your account is considering "grandfathered". I used to own 5 houses on my account before I quit years ago, that wouldve been grandfathered if I left my account active the whole time.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
my buddy recently came back to the game after 7 years and his house is still standing and grandfathered. Unfortunately it's on a dead shard but we are wondering what grandfathered actually means is there any benefit to this house status?
This link is more recent and official House Ownership – 1. Placing a House – Ultima Online

"At one time houses had to be manually refreshed in similar way to boats. At this point in time players could have houses on several shards. Players who had such houses when the rules changed were able to keep them. These houses are now termed to be ‘grandfathered’."