• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What exactly does conscrete weapon do? I've been told two different things.

M

mookin1

Does conscrete weapon change your weapon so it does the damage type of the lowest resist of the monster your fighting, or does it just make the lowest resist of your enemy even lower?

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mods - Please move to new player forum or Pally Forum

G

Ummm, why? Can't gameplay questions be asked here? <raises eyebrow>

G

CW allows your weapon to deliver damage in the lowest resist that the foe has.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Changes your weapon's damage to 100% in whatever resist your opponent is lowest in.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

Ummm, why? Can't gameplay questions be asked here? &lt;raises eyebrow&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

For several reasons. First, this is a basic question that the answer would benefit new players and best asked in forum where other new players could benefit and should be spending their time reading.

Second, it also fits in the Pally forum which was built to discuss issues specific to Pally's and should be captured there.

With UHall we spend time answering this, in 1 day it will fall off the list and someone will ask it again b/c its no longer listed here.

Lastly - this thread should actually be deleted entirely becuase its another case of a poster too lazy to go read the gobs of informaiton already posted about UO. Go to the chivalry page on stratics and read about concecrate. Its pretty plainly explained in black and white.

<font color="blue"> Consecrate Weapon - Temporarily enchants the weapon the caster is currently wielding. The type of damage the weapon inflicts when hitting a target will be converted to the target's worst Resistance type. Duration of the effect is affected by the caster's Karma and lasts for 3 to 11 seconds. </font>

After reading that - is the posters question needed? No.

G

Okay ... I see your point - taken.

However I asked because in the spirit of community and all that I thought it was reasonable to shoot off a quick response and move on.

Ya raise good points tho.

I

imported_Anakena

Actually this should best placed in a FAQ. I didn't check the FAQ in the pally forum, but I am pretty sure you will find the answer there.

G

Yup - it is there. One of the topics on special spells lists all Paladin stuff and shows the icons, even.

Don't anyone take this the wrong way, but I ask you to consider the posters who ask questions. What is the average population of UHall vs Tech, Paladin, New Player, Tamer, Assassin as far as posters there regularly and who interact with the questioners?

The odds of getting an answer just from sheer poster count is much higher <u>here</u> than in the others. So from that standpoint is it not reasonable to ask where you are most likely to get an answer? See, that is why I asked Theo about his response ... even though the points are valid.