• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What elemental damage weapons are worth looting and keeping for modifying?

TrackStar

Journeyman
I recently came back and I've just been grabbing any weapon with elemental damages on it (usually 70%).

What am I looking for on other properties when it comes to these types of weapons in terms of looking to make them 100% elemental types?

What's worth keeping?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have never looted a weapon worth keeping. I reforge/imbue all of mine.

For PvP they want Splintering, hit fire or lighting, no area, 100% ele. on a weapon type with a PvP special. They are picky they want them at max values also. Bokutos are popular right now.

TrackStar

Journeyman
I have never looted a weapon worth keeping. I reforge/imbue all of mine.

For PvP they want Splintering, hit fire or lighting, no area, 100% ele. on a weapon type with a PvP special. They are picky they want them at max values also. Bokutos are popular right now.
So you are saying there are some you do keep but you keep them for the purpose of reforging and imbueing them?

That's what I am asking. What about a weapon makes it worth keeping?

Like, is there a threshold of properties and their values where you say, "I can make this something worth using."

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My weapons are made for the template and toon. Very personalized.

Never found one that had what I need.

The ones you find have enough properties that you can not imbue anything else onto them.

You can only reforge blank things.

My bows and throwing weapons have what I need for that template.
My melee weapons are like this or with a slayer in place of the HLD. Or I pit HLA.
1630188577221.png

I remembered I do have one that is looted that I use on my NOOB toons to get Tabards.
It does tiny damage but works for them.

1630188693882.png

So if I do find something that has the things I need I would keep it.
I did craft a weapon once that I kept. It is not that great. You can imbue 93% HLL and HML on these.
1630189373876.png

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are on Atlantic, UWF guild will make weapons for you on weekends. You could ask them what are common things players want.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I have 3 boxes for looted weapon "it is awesome, one day I will make a toon who will use it"
Only purpose of those boxes : when I m out of space I take my imbuer and unravell em all.

You need to loot 100% poison weapon of all kinds without hit spells - good for training wrapon skills on a wolf slider (cursed works too).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya fast 100% poison weapons are useful. You'll see players asking for those for training. But be nice and give them away or sell cheap.

Another specialty weapon, Mage weapons that do not have much else. Someone can make use of those.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you are on Atlantic, UWF guild will make weapons for you on weekends. You could ask them what are common things players want.
I think you are thinking of LLTS or something.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think you are thinking of LLTS or something.
lol did I pick a pk guild name. I know I have seen books on the ground and they say they will make weapons for players on weekends. I forget the guild name.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I love trying to find weapons I can imbue especially during these events like the current Wildfire one.

I hardly ever find something worth using but it’s exciting when I do.

Some properties I look for: Hit effects: (lightning, fireball, harm, lower defense, lower attack, velocity, fatigue, mana leech)

Swing speed increase, hit chance increase, certain slayers I might find useful
I also look for properties that cannot be imbued like battle lust, blood drinker, reactive paralyze, splintering (20 or higher)

Elemental damage is also something I look for.

If I see ANY property I dont care to see on a weapon, I immediately skip over it (durability bonus, hit dispel, stat bonus, hit magic arrow, regenerations, etc)

If the weapon has only imbuable properties on it but they are all below max imbue amount, I might also skip over it because I could just make something better.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
lol did I pick a pk guild name. I know I have seen books on the ground and they say they will make weapons for players on weekends. I forget the guild name.
Yeah I believe that is LLTS. UWF is a great group of people who are very helpful but they don’t do those events.

TrackStar

Journeyman
I love trying to find weapons I can imbue especially during these events like the current Wildfire one.

I hardly ever find something worth using but it’s exciting when I do.

Some properties I look for: Hit effects: (lightning, fireball, harm, lower defense, lower attack, velocity, fatigue, mana leech)

Swing speed increase, hit chance increase, certain slayers I might find useful
I also look for properties that cannot be imbued like battle lust, blood drinker, reactive paralyze, splintering (20 or higher)

Elemental damage is also something I look for.

If I see ANY property I dont care to see on a weapon, I immediately skip over it (durability bonus, hit dispel, stat bonus, hit magic arrow, regenerations, etc)

If the weapon has only imbuable properties on it but they are all below max imbue amount, I might also skip over it because I could just make something better.
Thanks! Very helpful!