• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What do you want to see from the current event?

G

As always ive dived into the event and i was wondering what the rewards would be (arent we all) would u prefer to see it like the last blackrock hand in? ie chance of a decent runic etc or like the once run clear up britannia event? ie so many items for a particular reward? this way perhaps we can see the fighters get the rewards they deserve rather than the traders simply bidding high on the rewards.
imagine the price of todays equivalent of a singing ball?

G

CUB system is perfect, but I dont know if they would implement the system in a way that would clean britannia up so much as make people farm britannia to get the stuff to make more stuff.

Basically they need you to be able to hand in artifacts, cursed artifacts, global event items, snowmen, skull candles from doom, IOU cake notes. This would really clean up britannia.

Id like a blackrock statuette of myself to fuel my ego and represent the ridiculous amounts of blackrock i've owned. I'd also like some ophidian statues and some items that commemorate all the things I hand in. I would also like a way to convert my old dragons into statuettes that can be kept forever but free up stable space for newer pets.

I do NOT want:

- Artifacts (cursed artifacts and higher drop rates mean theres plenty already of an item that clearly was not intended to be obtained by everybody)
- Runics/BOD rewards (got a smith for them thank you)
- More useless junk that accumulates (this is the idea of turning it in)
- Weapons and armour with good/imbalancing stats (10th anniversary shields with ridiculous resists, for example).

We have enough artifacts in the game already. We also have suspiciously high amounts of runic kits for sale. If they weren't enough, being given new, special items with good stats just means that all in all there is no point in looting or killing stuff anymore. Then, after overhauling the loot system with new stuff (eg AOS), you make any items that WERE useful now very NOT useful.

SILVER VANQUISHING SUPREMELY ACCURATE KATANA - what, 35% DI undead slayer with a bit of HCI. With a dull copper runic you could probably make better silver etched maces.

With every new item, balance change or skill change, you have to re-evaluate your character's equipment and strategies. I just want a point system that I can finally hand half my house's contents into and show the world just how much junk I have had hoarded. Be that in the form of a glacial robe that only people like me would have or a neon dragon or even just a special title, I dont care. Just dont give us items that will be sold on a vendor and be used by everyone.

Rant over. Just give us arties.

G

I agree these must not be 'greed' items and i have enuff arties i cant sell. give us new items that we need to have worked long and hard to get otherwise it panders to the instant reward people

I

imported_Coppelia

I want to see a new kind of blackrock that removes neon colours on everybody when casting the spell.

BTW Lucy your hair is ugly nanana!

G

Hi there,

I would like some "good " wearables and deco.

Its very easy to make an evil home with all this evil deco junk that is in the game.

But try to make a nice place with the opposite.That is not easy imo.

In this even we can get corruption robe...and hopefully the robe of life that might appear soon in event will be a good one.

Regards
The Scandinavian

G

I'm mostly hoping for a good, interesting and progressive storyline in which the playerbase ultimately decides the outcome. Hopefully this whole thing won't be just a single bash the meanies -happening, but would include several different parts like turn-ins, questing through various NPCs, actual large-scale combat... much like the candle of love portion was (I'm still convinced the Book, Candle and Bell are all linked to this event chain...).

What I don't really care about are any items. Some sort of commemorative items are nice, especially wearables like the infamous "I was smacked halfway to Moonglow and back and all I got was this crappy doublet" -style things. But the point should be the event itself, not the rewards one might get from them to sell for millions.

G

I would like one of the miniatures from the 'gary' room in doom. say maybe turn in 100 items for one

G

I fully agree, content with a return to ultima lore & story over items. I like to have a museum of the drops but not endless different drops that fill up houses and shards. I think its great to have an item to stir interest and stories of our history but keep said items within contex which I fell they have been doing.

As for turn in's, please no neon or overpowered item, perhaps a special dark wood ship, to remind us of our sail to Magincia. Or even an ethral nightmare or fire steed, not to remind us of anything particula just cos I think they would be nice.

Finally as for

<blockquote><hr>

I'm still convinced the Book, Candle and Bell are all linked to this event chain

[/ QUOTE ]

they are all linked within the story line, although it has sadly been dragged out with so many long breaks, many have missed how it all fits together.

G

Thankyou flame your input is always welcome.
how about a silver steed? 200 turn in value?
and be aware europa that the robes are dropping again. 8 for me today and my luck normally sux so others bound to have got more

S

SilentFoxXy

Id Like to see hand ins of :-

Rubble,

Normal Skulls (The simple grey skull collectable from many monster kills).

Obvioulsy Plane Shields,Swords and the 2 threads.

Cursed Artis,

Minor Artifacts, and Low end 'Doom' Artis (Bone Crusha, Beserkers,Fang,legacy etc)

Few things on my wishlist would be-

Cloak of Life - with +4 MR and + 3 HPR

Cloak of Pet Revival- Or staff of pet revival.

Personalised Bust, Small.

Personally Named weapon or armor part.

Personalised Painting/ Wall hanging/tapestry.

Personalised Clothing Item- I helped remove the Shadows...

Could go on all day, but these would be my idea of 'So Coooool'

G

Cloak of Life - with +4 MR and + 3 HPR

Like anybody would pvp without it!

I think the worst change that ever happened was AOS, making people look like an ugly collection of bone, plate, chain and other armour types that since have expanded to include ugly ML wearables.

What tamer does not have a robe of the eclipse? What mage does not have a hat of the magi? Maybe not the best of examples since not every mage DOES have one and the robe does cover some uglier bits up. But you get my point. Pre-aos a warrior was identified because of the tin can he wore.

I

imported_Seasseragh

What would be nice would be a list of the levels of the rewards and the items that can be handed in,
like:
reward 1 = 50 items
reward 2 = 100 items, etc.

NOT what those rewards could be, but a gauge to let us decide how much crap we need to hoard and what can be handed in.

Maybe even something like:
Plane Item 1 pt.
Thread 2 pts.
Cloak 5 pts.
Ophid Ration 2 pts.
Ophid Journal 10 pts., etc.

Edit: Oh, and to get those lists before the spawn stops, so we can get those missing 3 plane shields to get to the next level of hand-in.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what we stand a chance of getting, I'd want to see things that are decorative, but do not affect gameplay, and are in some way relevant to the history/ethos of the game.

More optimistically, I'd love to see items with stats that interact with the stats and skills of their wielder - so give sword A to a new character, it adds 20% HCI and some armour bonuses, whereas give it to my 7xGM warrior and it's maybe 2% HCI and at best 1 bonus in a couple of resistances.

I've missed pretty much all the current 'events' cycle, I got very jaded with UO so kept the accounts running but played other things. I'm thinking about starting playing again, but I can't seem to get the enthusiasm, from what I read of the current events it's very similar to things I saw too many times in the past - so what I really want to hear of the latest events is that they are interesting for all levels of players (death-fests for 7xGMs don't appeal much any more, seen way too many of those), add to the 'story' of Sosaria, give non-combat characters a role beyond "pick up a ton of raw materials and deliver it to a big pile of stuff", and players have a genuine impact on the way the world develops. So, for those involved at the moment - are any of those on offer, or is it a replay of the past?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what we stand a chance of getting, I'd want to see things that are decorative, but do not affect gameplay, and are in some way relevant to the history/ethos of the game.

More optimistically, I'd love to see items with stats that interact with the stats and skills of their wielder - so give sword A to a new character, it adds 20% HCI and some armour bonuses, whereas give it to my 7xGM warrior and it's maybe 2% HCI and at best 1 bonus in a couple of resistances.

I've missed pretty much all the current 'events' cycle, I got very jaded with UO so kept the accounts running but played other things. I'm thinking about starting playing again, but I can't seem to get the enthusiasm, from what I read of the current events it's very similar to things I saw too many times in the past - so what I really want to hear of the latest events is that they are interesting for all levels of players (death-fests for 7xGMs don't appeal much any more, seen way too many of those), add to the 'story' of Sosaria, give non-combat characters a role beyond "pick up a ton of raw materials and deliver it to a big pile of stuff", and players have a genuine impact on the way the world develops. So, for those involved at the moment - are any of those on offer, or is it a replay of the past?

I

imported_mord mhor

I whole heartedly agree with your first comment Aurelius. I have posted time and time again on various forums that a system of handing tokens (drops) for some medal, commmemorative item issued by the council for services rendered for defending britannia at a given event. I feel this will enrich our history.

Note: No endless collections that take up storage place . Just one or two items and that are decorative.

Oh yes also can we have the commemratives if this is a path that chosen to have a date on them useing a sosarian type timeline.

I

imported_mord mhor

I whole heartedly agree with your first comment Aurelius. I have posted time and time again on various forums that a system of handing tokens (drops) for some medal, commmemorative item issued by the council for services rendered for defending britannia at a given event. I feel this will enrich our history.

Note: No endless collections that take up storage place . Just one or two items and that are decorative.

Oh yes also can we have the commemratives if this is a path that chosen to have a date on them useing a sosarian type timeline.

G

good to see your still keeping a check, consider taking a few moments to go and chat to Avery in the tent on Moonglow green. Some words we have found so far are as you would expect: Name, job, etc. A few more key words can be found within the recent BNN story line as follows.

Discusion Over Dinner
Blood Dungeon
Intervention
Of Mice and Women

A good new report of the most recent event was done by Oceania

Another interesting thread to check is Vortex Cube

I will later post a spoiler to the key words on Petras stickey thread above

G

good to see your still keeping a check, consider taking a few moments to go and chat to Avery in the tent on Moonglow green. Some words we have found so far are as you would expect: Name, job, etc. A few more key words can be found within the recent BNN story line as follows.

Discusion Over Dinner
Blood Dungeon
Intervention
Of Mice and Women

A good new report of the most recent event was done by Oceania

Another interesting thread to check is Vortex Cube

I will later post a spoiler to the key words on Petras stickey thread above

G

I whole heartedly agree with the commemorative idea and maybe even acct bound but can be locked down so not no drop

G

I whole heartedly agree with the commemorative idea and maybe even acct bound but can be locked down so not no drop