• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What do you guys think?

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you all think about the recent announcement that they are cutting 4 careers and 4 cities?

Personally, I'm not really worried about the cities. I have suspected this would happen for a while now since no details had been released on them.

The careers i suspected would loose 2, but i thought they would be the White Lion and Black Guard. Loosing so many iconic melee classes seems weird to me.

As to punkbuster... I'm holding my opinion on it until I see how they make it work. I absolutely hated it in every FPS, but if they can come up with a system that works better i wont complain to much.

N

Northman

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed.

Luckily for me, I wasn't planning on playing any of the classes cut. Unluckily for me, my guild is an all-dwarf guild, so our viability in RvR (and possibly PvE) may be lowered.

I do believe they'll work extra hard to bring the other capital cities into the game, if for no other reason than having only one for each side is ridiculously lame. The good news is we will still have to control 2 out of 3 pairings in order to attack the other side's capital.

eg. If we control the Empire/Chaos pairing, we will need to control at least one of the other pairings in order to be able to attack the Inevitable City or Altdorf, which still spreads out the population (and quite possibly makes for even more epic capital city battles).

So yeah, disappointed, but it's all in a day's work in the gaming world.

E

Eh-Tah-Chi

Honestly, I dont mind, I expected it. This is a new MMO, there must be cuts if they want to make release date.
Sadly, people really will see this as another EA F'up, especially those players coming from UO.
As for punk buster, to say the least I know how to cheat and I understand the fundamentals of it, unless punk buster is good (which I do not doubt they are) there will always be a new speedhack, or hex# exploiter to mess with things, or bots to do work for you.
Its a computer and people enjoy making things to break the system, its a hobby just like playing the MMO is for you or I.

N

Northman

Only thing that'd REALLY **** me off at this point is if they didn't include the capitals in a later patch, and waited until an expansion to introduce them.

On the other hand, the news about having to take the main fortress in either the Greenskin/Dwarf pairing or the Dark Elf/High Elf pairing to be able to attack the capital is welcome news.

Still plenty epic if you ask me...

:fight:

EDIT: This is the coolest smiley ever.

F

Fojos

I'm not too worried about it. If anything, loads of classes/careers usually make unbalanced game-play anyway.

A

Anathesius

I think people have to get back to their roots and start hanging out on the stratics forums.

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can find the original announcement on MMORPG.com although the announcement is no longer recent as it was made about 2 months ago now.

Link here

S

siliconsmiley23

What do you all think about the recent announcement that they are cutting 4 careers and 4 cities?
First though, they're saving it for updates. I'd rather they have two cities functional now, than 6 borked cities for the first couple months.

S

SventMF

so the announcement is two months old, and nothing ever on warhammeronline, nothing on warhammeralliance, warhammer database, or the herald.............and after release ive seen both the classes.....sounds like a farse