• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What do you farm for relic frags?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So been down in doom farming loot for relic frags and currently average about 30-50 an hour depending on how fast I can loot and how much the rng likes or in many cases doesn't like me. Anyone know of ares where the chances are better for relic quality loot?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
EM Events are good for that ...... Krampus is good for that... I generally get 6 to 8 relic worthy items... (This is where Pinco's is handy as it sorts them into blue, green and red for you... )... without Pinco's i probably would go back to not bothering to loot as it's too much of a P.I.T.A. to try to decipher all the mods and such on an item to determine if it's even worth picking up at all...

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EM Events are good for that ...... Krampus is good for that... I generally get 6 to 8 relic worthy items... (This is where Pinco's is handy as it sorts them into blue, green and red for you... )... without Pinco's i probably would go back to not bothering to loot as it's too much of a P.I.T.A. to try to decipher all the mods and such on an item to determine if it's even worth picking up at all...
I find on looted items over capped regens boost the chances of relics. Dark guardians tend to drop those a lot. That's where I've been farming but I've seen 10k for sale on vendors and can't imagine they are sorting through all those corpses that fast.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
T-maps are probably among the best for the basic imbuing resources (Magical residue, Enchanted essence & Relic fragments) in general. you take an extra container fill it with the items in the chest you don't want, and take the box containing the garbage items back to your house to unravel. with a decent chance of coming across usable loot, but it does depends on how fast you can knock out the T-maps though as far as relics/hour go.

if you're doing mutli-account farming, same deal... bring an extra container, put it on the ground near the corpse filling it with everything you don't want to keep, and unravel it when you leave.

plus it makes it much easier to sort through the loot when you remove anything you've already looked at. especially when you multi-client bosses and you have a time limit to loot the items before it decays, generally you're going to run through heaps of garbage items before finding anything good so the time it saves is valuable.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
T-maps are probably among the best for the basic imbuing resources (Magical residue, Enchanted essence & Relic fragments) in general. you take an extra container fill it with the items in the chest you don't want, and take the box containing the garbage items back to your house to unravel. with a decent chance of coming across usable loot, but it does depends on how fast you can knock out the T-maps though as far as relics/hour go.

if you're doing mutli-account farming, same deal... bring an extra container, put it on the ground near the corpse filling it with everything you don't want to keep, and unravel it when you leave.

plus it makes it much easier to sort through the loot when you remove anything you've already looked at. especially when you multi-client bosses and you have a time limit to loot the items before it decays, generally you're going to run through heaps of garbage items before finding anything good so the time it saves is valuable.
I have tried over the years to do tmaps but they just frustrate the heck out of me. Even with mining I have a heck of a time finding tje dang things. Takes me a minimum of 30 minutes just to find one lol! Think I'm going to give miasma a run see how that goes.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Best relic frag loot is off the main boss from the roof at shadowguard. Also any of the mobs in wrong/shame. Covetous lvl 3 also has a lot of relic quality stuff. Krampus and bosses like that are ok.

If your in the EC, as I am, don't even bother looking at the stuff, just hit the 'loot all' button and take the lot into your 'loot bag'. If you are overweight just use the 'search' on the bag and type in 50 stone and ditch all that crap on the ground (no idea who thought 50 stone stuff was a good idea, they should find another job) once you get home just search your loot bag for 'arti' and scan the stuff in case there is any 'nice' bits you wanna keep, then unravel the remainder.

I usually just dump my loot bags into 8 engraved chests, and my crafter does the searching/storing and unraveling in 'job lots'. I never waste time on a hunt searching through bodies.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If your in the EC, as I am, don't even bother looking at the stuff, just hit the 'loot all' button and take the lot into your 'loot bag'. If you are overweight just use the 'search' on the bag and type in 50 stone and ditch all that crap on the ground (no idea who thought 50 stone stuff was a good idea, they should find another job) once you get home just search your loot bag for 'arti' and scan the stuff in case there is any 'nice' bits you wanna keep, then unravel the remainder.
If you're in the EC, there's an option in settings to ignore anything above a certain weight. It defaults at 50, so I change it to 49 stones. All 50 stone items now automatically get left behind after a "loot all".

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been looting Krampus. Krampi? Krampuses? Kramptopodes?
30+ relic fragments per, plus 30+ enchanted essences.

Rusker Sulle

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I favor hunting ogre lords and ice fiends in Ice Dungeon. May not be the best source of relic frags, but it works well for me.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you're in the EC, there's an option in settings to ignore anything above a certain weight. It defaults at 50, so I change it to 49 stones. All 50 stone items now automatically get left behind after a "loot all".
is that in default ? if so where? or is it just pincos?

I dont run pinco's lags me to hell and is impossible for me to use now, although I did use it solidly for about 4-5 yrs.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Just in Pinco's. I pull up Settings and hit search for "weight" and change the slider from 50 to 49 stones.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the unlikely event I ever run out, I will just farm vendors till I get what I need :D

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Also : I think that there is documentation in the game, and you can check it yourself, that if you are garg, plus have 120 Imbuing PLUS you use the QUEEN forge, then you get MAX relics with items, even some mediocre one. We gargs are butt-ugly, but have this little morsel of benefit also.

(Off topic, I wish there was a way to make gargs look better, other that mask/totem combo. When you use mask, I think you lose some of the gargs mobility. The blasted horns, the dog-gone flapping in CC, wish there was a body sculptor to pay and fix other than what they have on the store).:offtopic:

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use to farm the Chaos Vortex ages ago Unbound Energy Vortex - Hunter's Guide - UO Stratics but if I recall the loot got nerfed and the fun ended. That said I havn't played in ages, only still paying for some insane reason....must be to troll this site.

Hmm, the link should have gone to the right one, close enough and I'm sure everyone has seen this variation of the vortex, harder than the unbound but giving the same useless loot.