• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Begging] What do you do with Heartwood items?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm curious as to that others do with their items from the heartwood elves. Do you sell them? Keep them stockpiled someplace? Throw them in the trash? Leave them on the ground for someone else to find? Do you use them?

Personally, I throw away about 80% of the items I get. I am creating a collection of 1 of each item obtained from the elves. But duplicates I throw away, except for a few items. I keep a vendor with a few piles of dates and lanterns on him, and maybe a wedge of cheese from time to time. One time I sold all my bread, water & liquor to the NPC tavern folk. But decided that it wasn't really worth the effort to recall out to a tavern, and sell off what I had. Much easier to just toss it. From time to time I also like dropping an item or 2 on the ground in Luna or Haven. Just to see if anyone goes for it.

What about the rest of you? What do you do with your items?

L

Lunaticus

I'm working on finishing my collection of one of each item, but with spares, I pretty much toss everything unless it's one of the rarer beggables. If I get more than one of the level threes, I either offer the spares to other beggars, or toss them on my vendor.

W

Warrior of Time

Was a time I was taking the bread up to the baker. Most I got was 300gp (all I could carry)
That didn't last long though. I needed skill not the satisfaction I was playing the part.

I have not done it again since. Trash is much closer.

F

Fink

I'm still trying, now & then, for a full set.

I sell the french bread and water pitchers back to human NPCs as it's quicker than tossing them out (via uo:assist sell function, it's one hit). Stuff like stew, pizza, cheese, and so on, I give to friends or leave at the bank. I usually use the lanterns myself or give those to friends for their vendors to equip.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bread I throw out. The water I'm saving up to use on the new plants so I don't have to keep filling them up, I can just use them and throw them out when they are empty since I have like a billion of them. The other items I usually keep or give to other people. :)

W

Warrior of Time

I ran out of friends willing to take stew, pizza, cheese, wine, and shirts. Since they started makeing oak fishing poles I can't give them away.
I can't give the garlands away because of the new armor. (that and the people I already gave them to)
Started giveing away the empty wine bottles. I even used the turnips to help decorate a few gardens with.

NO ONE gets my sake.

L

Lord Drakelord

I'm working on finishing my collection of one of each item, but with spares, I pretty much toss everything unless it's one of the rarer beggables. If I get more than one of the level threes, I either offer the spares to other beggars, or toss them on my vendor.
That is pretty much what we are also doing. Right now all we really need is the empty bottle, hope to get one someday, or trade an extra fishing pole or garland for one. Then we will have a complete set unless they pop another surprize like they did when we learned the garland came in two directions. :)

S

Salty Pete

I horde a lot, I donate crap loads to the YMCA and I drop tons on the ground.

I have a feeling that some of these items might be ML expansion only. I have never pulled a few of these items after literally thousands of attempts.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have never pulled a few of these items after literally thousands of attempts.
Up to this point I have only pulled 3 level 3 items. But it makes me wish I had paid closer attention to the numbers thus far. I'd be curious to know how many attempts it would take me to complete my set of items.

*stares down the long road that lies ahead of him*

F

Fink

Has been for awhile now. Someone was looking into it I think.
It's been mentioned to stratics staff and is on the recovery list.. realistically it'll be a while yet before we see a fix, though. In the meantime, if anyone wants to start up an interim post of pitcher tricks I'll be happy to sticky it.

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to get off the subject... but for those of you referring to having to use multiple waters, and refilling, and buying water.... do not forget you can fill your water pitcher with the "Magical Water" tile. This can be used over and over again on the same pitcher and it will continue to add water to the pitcher. do that for about 10 minutes and youll have enough water in that one little pitcher to last you a lifetime...

As for what I did with my items I collected... A lot of them I threw away, kept the lanterns for my vendors, and kept the rarer items for myself..

L

Lady Red

I use various items for decoration
Lanterns, fishing pole, cheese wedges.

i use the pitchers for cooking or filling my fishtank.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Not to get off the subject... but for those of you referring to having to use multiple waters, and refilling, and buying water.... do not forget you can fill your water pitcher with the "Magical Water" tile. This can be used over and over again on the same pitcher and it will continue to add water to the pitcher. do that for about 10 minutes and youll have enough water in that one little pitcher to last you a lifetime...

As for what I did with my items I collected... A lot of them I threw away, kept the lanterns for my vendors, and kept the rarer items for myself..
Or just stick a water trough in your house...it's redeedable keep one in your cooks pack and a hatchet.....

W

Warrior of Time

I wish they would use the Elvin Emissary for a collection point for beggars to turn in the stuff they get for points just like the tamers have. [No Gold Please] That would be a close place for a poor beggar to walk to turn in things, and a good way to reward the beggar on the long dusty [can't say dry] road to GM.

Better than most the uses I know of.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish they would use the Elvin Emissary for a collection point for beggars to turn in the stuff they get for points just like the tamers have. [No Gold Please] That would be a close place for a poor beggar to walk to turn in things, and a good way to reward the beggar on the long dusty [can't say dry] road to GM.

Better than most the uses I know of.
Aren't you just the witty one.

Seriously, I have seen enough bread and water to make me want to vomit.