• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what do you do when you are bored?

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No secret, I am quite bored with the event and factions is, well, no comment. So what to do... I don't want to train (tho I should), limited time to do something "fun" ... I use to do a lot of peerless ... off to the Citadel for me...

hmmmmm, no one here... I have all the keys .... guess I will go harass the bug solo... wonder how many different forms I can get her to change into ...

ohhhhhh a llama travesty.....

Next .... Ozzie travesty....

And... a Bake travesty...

So let's go for a slower form..... FROG TRAVESTY....

Which turned out to be a real ... wait for it ... TRAVESTY....

Which was funny hopping away from a hopping, flamestriking travesty :). I had forgotten how far the run for rez was too.... only to rez and get rez killed by an elite ninja...

I am sure that ninja was in a rival faction .... ;)

So... what are all of you doing? Anyone want to do peerless or SOMETHING? I am so bored I am about ready to start cleaning my kitchen cupboards...

L

Lisolette

I was starting to get bored with this game but thank god I found a great guild that actually likes to do things together. When I get bored and no one is on though- I make a new character. Sometimes I will hop on my char that has nothing- go out to fel naked and just have some fun. Its pretty easy to amuse me so I am not always getting bored. UO is just like real life- gotta spice things up :)+

Q

Quinn1969

I was starting to get bored with this game but thank god I found a great guild that actually likes to do things together. When I get bored and no one is on though- I make a new character. Sometimes I will hop on my char that has nothing- go out to fel naked and just have some fun. Its pretty easy to amuse me so I am not always getting bored. UO is just like real life- gotta spice things up :)+
Sliver...you're so silly. :eek:

R

RichDC

One thing i enjoy to pass the time when truly bored is to get different coloured dragons...so far i have shadow, pure black, ice white, green and purple; screenies to follow

R

RichDC

One thing i enjoy to pass the time when truly bored is to get different coloured dragons...so far i have shadow, pure black, ice white, green and purple; screenies to follow
white horse.jpg

Black Dragon1.jpg

green horse.jpg

Im not sure how to upload pics so i hope this works...heres a few to show what i do for fun lol...cant seem to find my purple dragon pic but ill get on that asap!!

H

Hans

Usually I will solo Griz, which actually becomes more boring... bandaid...wait...bandaid..wait.... yeah, and don't lie Rich when you get "bored" it just means your drunk and you usually end killing your guildmates!

R

RichDC

Usually I will solo Griz, which actually becomes more boring... bandaid...wait...bandaid..wait.... yeah, and don't lie Rich when you get "bored" it just means your drunk and you usually end killing your guildmates!
Must admit that also is fun!!! from time to time...being drunk usually staves of the boredom too lol

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I get bored I farm silver or find the character that I play the least, and try out different builds until I get an effective one.

My most recent developement project is building a replica stealth archer on my second account. I just need to train myself to use a mouse left-handed so I can pop shot from my desktop and laptop during Sedric's duels with two archers.

Sedric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I get bored I farm silver or find the character that I play the least, and try out different builds until I get an effective one.

My most recent developement project is building a replica stealth archer on my second account. I just need to train myself to use a mouse left-handed so I can pop shot from my desktop and laptop during Sedric's duels with two archers.
You hear that everyone? His slow tranformation to a stealth archer is almost complete.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You here that everyone? His slow tranformation to a stealth archer is almost complete.
I'm not playing at 3:00 a.m. when you do your rat spawns, so you wouldn't have much of an idea as to who I play now would you!

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You can actually go in and reverse the buttons on a mouse, i did that for something else to use a mouse left handed.

Sedric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not playing at 3:00 a.m. when you do your rat spawns, so you wouldn't have much of an idea as to who I play now would you!
If Onyxia is the only character I see you on then....

So let me get this strait...You're not on at 3am but somehow, despite the meaning of your post, you're gonna claim to know what I'm doing at that time?

You werent lying earlier either..You've been using your main character to interfere with my duels in an attempt to get the final shot. I cant blame you though. Its the only way you and I can be involved in a duel without you leaving vent in frustration.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If Onyxia is the only character I see you on then....
Then I must do other things than fight at the gate or do 3 am despises.

So let me get this strait...You're not on at 3am but somehow, despite the meaning of your post, you're gonna claim to know what I'm doing at that time?
Quite often I come home to ICQs from our ally that said UOD and TDR/JW were in despise, and several have been time stamped at roughly 3 a.m. Central. (Had one like this when I checked my email before heading to work this morning)

You werent lying earlier either..You've been using your main character to interfere with my duels in an attempt to get the final shot. I cant blame you though. Its the only way you and I can be involved in a duel without you leaving vent in frustration.
I know I wasn't lying earlier, that particular activity provides alot of entertainment for me.

We've seen how successful your dueling skills and poison locks have been in the field. Magic arrow/weaken/harm seems really effective on people that use potions and crossheal. I play this game for organized PvP. Dueling stopped being fun a long time ago.

Sedric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then I must do other things than fight at the gate or do 3 am despises..
Such as camping red healers and other dueling areas while you wait for your awesome guild with its 5 members to become active again?

Quite often I come home to ICQs from our ally that said UOD and TDR/JW were in despise, and several have been time stamped at roughly 3 a.m. Central. (Had one like this when I checked my email before heading to work this morning)
So this is your concrete proof that you know I ONLY do 3 am despises? Do I need to explain the difference between actually doing a spawn and raiding? Also, just because your "ally" sends you emails, it doesnt mean thats the only time I or TDR do spawns. And last....Was I even at the spawn(no way it was 3am) your "ally" was refering to in the email you recieved this morning?

Thats alot of leaps you had to make based on emails you may or maybe not have recieved.

I know I wasn't lying earlier, that particular activity provides alot of entertainment for me.
Wow..You can get the kill shot before I can. Sadly, it doesnt quite bother me as much as you want it to, though.

We've seen how successful your dueling skills and poison locks have been in the field. Magic arrow/weaken/harm seems really effective on people that use potions and crossheal. I play this game for organized PvP. Dueling stopped being fun a long time ago.
Yeah..Because its hard to change my tactics when I'm facing someone with potions. I find it amusing because you almost sound as if I've never beaten someone at your skill level using potions in the field.

Bottom line....Dueling stopped being fun for you when you realized you were always gonna suck at it. Since then you've surrounded yourself with people that fall into the same pathetic category as you and you've been wiping each others asses ever since.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly, it doesnt quite bother me as much as you want it to, though.
That last post sure makes it sound like it bothers you! And it was ICQs not emails!

:thumbsup:

Bottom line....Dueling stopped being fun for you when you realized you were always gonna suck at it. Since then you've surrounded yourself with people that fall into the same pathetic category as you and you've been wiping each others asses ever since.
Still holding onto the fact that you can beat me in a duel. Good for you. Maybe we can duel one more time just so you can take a screenshot of it, maybe your mom will put it up on her fridge.

I find it entertaining, mainly because you can't group fight and you are a horrible teammate. I just think back to when Me and Dorinda 2 v 2d you and Lethe (i forgot how many times we dirt napped you). You can't call targets and you don't listen to people who call targets. You = bad PvPer.

Just a plain and simple fact, dueling is a show of who can spam weaken the best. PvP is a show of who has the best teamwork.

R

RichDC

i have a question how come this post started of being an amusing post for people who were bored and did stupid things and has now been turned into a pi**ing contest? the only previous banter came from fellow guildmates. please if you have nothing constructive to post please leave your beef in the many pvp boards or take it to rant!

M

Malador

Wow..You can get the kill shot before I can. Sadly, it doesnt quite bother me as much as you want it to, though.
What is sad is that he needs two archers firing in sync to get the kill shot on one of your dueling opponents.

Not that it isnt a clever idea.

M

Malador

i have a question how come this post started of being an amusing post for people who were bored and did stupid things and has now been turned into a pi**ing contest? the only previous banter came from fellow guildmates. please if you have nothing constructive to post please leave your beef in the many pvp boards or take it to rant!
Dont you get it? THis is what we do when were bored.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is sad is that he needs two archers firing in sync to get the kill shot on one of your dueling opponents.

Not that it isnt a clever idea.
Well I don't know how many I "need", I've done it with one. But I can tell you how many I'm going to use!

B

Boink Police

I know that I have not played in a long while. Though when I was finding something lacking to do I would head to destard and stealth herd?

Sedric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That last post sure makes it sound like it bothers you! And it was ICQs not emails!
I was only refering to the duel kill shots..Honestly..Why would I care. Also...You refered to it as an email so I did too.

"checked my email before heading to work this morning"

Still holding onto the fact that you can beat me in a duel. Good for you. Maybe we can duel one more time just so you can take a screenshot of it, maybe your mom will put it up on her fridge.

I find it entertaining, mainly because you can't group fight and you are a horrible teammate. I just think back to when Me and Dorinda 2 v 2d you and Lethe (i forgot how many times we dirt napped you). You can't call targets and you don't listen to people who call targets. You = bad PvPer.

Just a plain and simple fact, dueling is a show of who can spam weaken the best. PvP is a show of who has the best teamwork.
Anyway you try to present it, you come off as someone sore at being a bad dueler. Now that Dorinda is done foolishly chanting "I'm #1" you guys are a perfect team in complete denial.

You and Dorinda let that one go to your heads. The fact is me and lethe can take our lumps(you cant) and we did manage to beat you guys 3 out of 10(?) despite you two out temping us. Fact is you guys wouldnt even have attempted to 2 v 2 if you were using the temps we used. Lethe didnt even have potions.

I might not be the best target caller(and dorinda is?) but saying I dont listen is a flat out lie. And please dont ever talk to me about team work. You can call targets well, I'll give you that, but you were always known for abandoning your teammates and blaming everyone else when you died. And thats when you bothered to show up. Dying in duels or dying in the field always ends with you leaving vent like a crybaby.

I'll keep comin back until the fight is over...Can you say the same?

S

Still Frame

Well I don't know how many I "need", I've done it with one. But I can tell you how many I'm going to use!
Die roll 1: fail
Die roll 2: low odds of fail.

maxed hci on 2 archers vs a naked wrestle mage has a fairly good shot at landing atleast once...although i hate the idea or rking duels, or even interfering

Dingo its nice to see you making a post :) havent seen ya in a long time hope all is well.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fact is me and lethe can take our lumps(you cant) and we did manage to beat you guys 3 out of 10(?) despite you two out temping us. Fact is you guys wouldnt even have attempted to 2 v 2 if you were using the temps we used. Lethe didnt even have potions.
You won 1 out of 10. Don't complain to me that you use an outdated template.

I might not be the best target caller(and dorinda is?) but saying I dont listen is a flat out lie. And please dont ever talk to me about team work. You can call targets well, I'll give you that, but you were always known for abandoning your teammates and blaming everyone else when you died. And thats when you bothered to show up.
Out of all of the group fights I had gone to with TDR I can think of 5 people who actually knew what the term crossheal meant. You weren't one of them.

I would abandon certain people in TDR, and it was on purpose I assure you. People that offered no nothing to the team - EXAMPLE: 4 red mages and someone comes on a blue archer? Left behind. As for me not coming to fights? I came when there were people worth fighting with.

Sedric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You won 1 out of 10. Don't complain to me that you use an outdated template. .
Eh? No...We won the first...One in the middle and the last fight. God forbid I should bring up a few key points to support the fact it wasnt as big a deal as you make it sound. Like I said before. If situations were switched, you guys wouldnt have even bothered to even try unlike Lethe and I. What does that tell you?

Out of all of the group fights I had gone to with TDR I can think of 5 people who actually knew what the term crossheal meant. You weren't one of them.
Thats odd...Becuase I know for sure I've saved your ass alot more then you've saved mine. But yeah...Keep acting as if you have some higher understanding of what crosshealing is as if it doesnt make you sound like a concieted ass.

Thanks for confirming what I've been saying all along about the 2.0 cliche. Garden, the paragraph below should answer the question you asked me and Smyth the other day in vent. Oddly enough it starts with the words... "I would abandon certain people in TDR".

I would abandon certain people in TDR, and it was on purpose I assure you. People that offered no nothing to the team - EXAMPLE: 4 red mages and someone comes on a blue archer? Left behind. As for me not coming to fights? I came when there were people worth fighting with.
Yes..I know your abandonment was on purpose. You'd die, which happens, immediately leave vent, and the last thing we'd see is your ass as your ghost was leaving the area. Nobody would ever question if it was on purpose. And more then once you left a spawn or fight we eventually won.

It takes a special type of person to type this garbage while telling others they're a bad teammate. I'm sure you're too self centered to see the contradiction.

C

Craklord

WoW ......So theres some people who play dexxers doesnt mean you leave them... Also Lynk dont forget the **** u got from this guild too.. Tell me this the people you hang around now did they ever give you what this guild has? Dont act like you are better then everyone else because your not your a good field fighter yes... but no need to act like your all higher then us cause your with 'dubar... Cause im not impressed and neither is the GL pvp community...

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also Lynk dont forget the **** u got from this guild too..
I haven't/won't. I'll also remember the things I gave back.

Tell me this the people you hang around now did they ever give you what this guild has?
Yep

Cause im not impressed and neither is the GL pvp community...
Well ****, I just don't know what I'll do. I'll sleep on it, maybe I can figure out a way to impress you all.

C

Craklord

Its not about you impressing anyone its about you not acting like an ass on stratics...

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*packs up her toys and moves to another post*

ROFL

I really would love to see the stealth herder in action... that was funny!

My apologies to those who wanted to keep this a harmless lil funny thread. Isn't the first time a "goofy" post of mine has been hijacked and it won't be the last :)

Check out the "bake sale" post on Lake Austin... we can take bets on how soon that one gets "hijacked"... :hahaha:

Q

Quinn1969

*packs up her toys and moves to another post*

ROFL

I really would love to see the stealth herder in action... that was funny!

My apologies to those who wanted to keep this a harmless lil funny thread. Isn't the first time a "goofy" post of mine has been hijacked and it won't be the last :)

Check out the "bake sale" post on Lake Austin... we can take bets on how soon that one gets "hijacked"... :hahaha:
I am LOVIN' the stealth herder action!!!

Meet ya at the "bake sale" Tink. :)