• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) What do you actully do in uo nowadays??

K

King Frankie

Ive always seen myself as a pvper or tried to be pvper is a better phrased i guess. As ive been in and out of uo for the past 14 years i now have started to feel like why do i even bother logging in!??

Anyone that can give me a valid reason to why i should keep my account active??

And no i dont fancy doing quests EM events to get yet another useless item that ppl offer billions for cus i do not care about such i have all i need to play the game. I do not need to look at an item to satisfy that side of uo. Now i just wonder what i should do other then login check my vendor see nothing happening and logout again.

Any ideas?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm. All sorts of things. Fish, craft, hunt - alone or with the guildies.

Biggest pull is spending time having a laugh with people I know and care about like family. To the point where I've sat here and cried with laughter because of the insanity in our vent. It's the people who keep most folks in game.

K

King Frankie

Hmm... I do miss the laughs its gotten way to serious nowadays with ppl having to get bragging rights over a game. Maby its time to try something else. More thoughts into that then ty for your 2 cents Cal, appreciate your input.

Anira Cuilwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pirate hunting and sea fights are great and Europa has a fantastic rp community. Come have a look :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it's not fun anymore, then it's time to either do something else - or change what you're doing in game. There's plenty of variety in UO!

K

King Frankie

I havent tried the pirate thing nor even had a thought about RP community maby i should open my mind to something new and actully try it before i distance myself from it. But where to start? i have no clue hehe... Cali Anira?

Give me some hints toward that and post it in here cus im pretty sure there are more then just me that have no clue about such things.

:heart:

Scenic Nevins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you see the irony of your sig in this thread Frankie? :p

Anyway...if your seriosly fed of uo (like we all have been a few times) I would say leave it for a little while. Don't log on for a week... try to get the feel back. I enjoy it "almost" as much as in the old days now, but I have been on a pretty long break.

Also, as you mention, raging for all the items and gold quickly makes one fed up of the game. That doesnt give anything in the long run. Try making a RP char from scratch...play an invironment you havent activly tried befor.... seek up new guilds, with freshly players, and offer your assistance... and maby you'll get a laugh or two...and I'm sure it will make the return to whatever you do nowdays so much better.

K

King Frankie

Do you see the irony of your sig in this thread Frankie? :p

Anyway...if your seriosly fed of uo (like we all have been a few times) I would say leave it for a little while. Don't log on for a week... try to get the feel back. I enjoy it "almost" as much as in the old days now, but I have been on a pretty long break.

Also, as you mention, raging for all the items and gold quickly makes one fed up of the game. That doesnt give anything in the long run. Try making a RP char from scratch...play an invironment you havent activly tried befor.... seek up new guilds, with freshly players, and offer your assistance... and maby you'll get a laugh or two...and I'm sure it will make the return to whatever you do nowdays so much better.
Hehe yeah i reflected over that yesterday i realized that my sig still apply but since there are none to pkey what can a man do :D Ive decided that im gonna try it all before i put uo on the bin.

And ty Anira pop some info when you have the time :)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I havent tried the pirate thing nor even had a thought about RP community maby i should open my mind to something new and actully try it before i distance myself from it. But where to start? i have no clue hehe... Cali Anira?

Give me some hints toward that and post it in here cus im pretty sure there are more then just me that have no clue about such things.

:heart:

Could be time to look towards the crafting/non fighting side of the UO skill sets.

I still keep coming back to people though; good people, the ones who know you and STILL like you, make you laugh when you're having a bad day, tease you unmercifully, listen when you need them. And for whom you will do all of the above. UO is the medium, but it's the people who make it what it is.

C

Calis M^N

i think there is lots to do other than pvp... you could be a trader.. although you say gold doesnt matter but it can be fun making deals trades etc... i used to do that but i got bored...

Now i started my own RP guild on europa and the community we have on europa is awesome! it has drama sure.. but what community doesnt... the great thing is you get a bit of everything in RP... you get some pvp albeit differnt to what your used to to quote a memeber in my guild "WHAT NO FC OR FCR HOW WILL I CAST SPELLS???" it creates new challenges etc and he is adjusting fine :)

i think RP might be a good step for you we hold regular events across a wide range of differnt guilds just the other night the Millita held a murder mystery night it was a good laugh! i played a camp host/chef? not sure why but it was funny!

K

King Frankie

Crafting ive done, boring and time consuming. :)

RP looks like something im going to try if not just make some guest appearances at some player runned events under a name none knows. Thats one huge issue they see my name and most things turn into a debate over whos best and whos not. Thats something id like to see on a board such as UCH instead of ingame.

Ill think some more about it i guess. And Cali drop me a icq please i know youre sitting on alot of information :p

Anira Cuilwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weeh - okies as I promised here are some notes about RP.

First of all our own guild of course (ADVERTISING ;))
Vesper Forums - Ultima Online Forums

You may also have a look at the community section at
UO Europa Guilds - Ultima Online Forums

Some of the boards are not very active though, but that doesn't mean nothing is going on.
Currently active RP guilds would be:
VTC (Vesper Trading Company)
Grd (Guardsmen Militia from Yew)
BoC (Baronship of Cove)
F^L (Floh'len d'Lloth)
M^N (Moonglow Navy)
AMN (Amazon Nation)
DoT (Duchy Of Trinsic)
-SD- (Order of the Silver Dawn)
And sorreeeh if I missed any of the active folks - it sure is not on purpose :)

The whole RP community on Europa is based on Trammel but all are in a War circle. This does not mean we are at war all the time, it just enables us to have more flexible interaction and PvP of course without the hassle of unwanted interruptions. Also we are having out own ruleset that might sound restrictive on the first glance but it ensures huuuge fun an fairness. It is one of the things that make Europa RP special and rich in quality and fun. You will find the ruleset referred as RoE (Rules of Engagement) on the guild boards.

Have a look and if you want to find out more about just give us a visit.

For questions about VTC or general community things you may contact me on icq at 8037778.

Hope you'll find a new fun experience in the greatest game of all times.

-Anira-

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sry for that i ment Cailleach but if you have information also then just add my or msn. What is it that they say the more the merrier?

:)

MSN: [email protected] or ICQ: 51955397

Please include a name when you add me cus i dont want just anyone in my contacts.

If you like diversity from your normal life take time and listen to this.

JR's TED Prize wish: Use art to turn the world inside out | Video on TED.com

Yeah i have other intressts ;)

Added you. Name that will show up has 'Sue' in it :)