• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What do we do with the Trade Cargo???

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im getting these 'Maritime Trade Cargo' box's but i have no idea where im suppose to put them?

i took some to the city they where destined for but i dont know what im suppose to do with them once there?

anyone have any ideas??

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
im getting these 'Maritime Trade Cargo' box's but i have no idea where im suppose to put them?

i took some to the city they where destined for but i dont know what im suppose to do with them once there?

anyone have any ideas??
you can either put them in the Trade ministers donation box, or sell it to the pirate near the Buc's Bank

upload_2019-3-14_5-25-55.png

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
but you dont get anything if you put it in the trade ministers box.
he just says thanks.

i thought there was suppose to be some sort of loot or reward?

wasnt there some testing to see how the loot scale was for the turn in's?
i thought they where asking for people to evaluate the loot..... well..... what loot?

here i thought we where gonna get something for sailing all over hell and back to deliver these crates.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
but you dont get anything if you put it in the trade ministers box.
he just says thanks.

wasnt there some testing to see how the loot scale was for the turn in's?
i thought they where asking for people to evaluate the loot..... well..... what loot?

here i thought we where gonna get something for sailing all over hell and back to deliver these crates.
You get city reputation and money goes into the treasury based on the quality of goods in the cargo crate.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you want the new rewards, you have to give the cargo to the pirate in buc's den.

Delivering the cargo to the britannian cities will only yield some city loyalty

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you have to battle pirates and lighthouses?
I thought I heard someone in General Chat saying that she was getting loot by killing sea monsters?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Do you have to battle pirates and lighthouses?
I thought I heard someone in General Chat saying that she was getting loot by killing sea monsters?
Ways to get maritime cargo crates:
  • Dread Pirate Ship Crews (including the Dread Pirate)
  • Dread Pirate Ship Cargo Holds
  • Dread Pirate Ship Deck Chests
  • Merchant Ship Crews
  • Merchant Ship Cargo Holds
  • Merchant Ship Deck Chests
  • Plunderbeacon Crews
  • Defeating the Plunderbeacon
  • Sea Monsters in the Water (Sea Serpents, Kraken, Water Elementals)
Crates will fall directly into your pack, except for Ship Cargo Holds and Crates (you need to loot those).

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ways to get maritime cargo crates:
  • Dread Pirate Ship Crews (including the Dread Pirate)
  • Dread Pirate Ship Cargo Holds
  • Dread Pirate Ship Deck Chests
  • Merchant Ship Crews
  • Merchant Ship Cargo Holds
  • Merchant Ship Deck Chests
  • Plunderbeacon Crews
  • Defeating the Plunderbeacon
  • Sea Monsters in the Water (Sea Serpents, Kraken, Water Elementals)
Crates will fall directly into your pack, except for Ship Cargo Holds and Crates (you need to loot those).
When you say "crews," does that mean you have to kill the NPCs on the ships or plunderbeacon?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When you say "crews," does that mean you have to kill the NPCs on the ships or plunderbeacon?
I would say you don't "have" to but to kill them would increase your chances at loot since they too drop the boxes.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Killing the NPCs on any boat gives you a chance to receive maritime cargo. You aren't required to kill Ship crews if you don't want to, you can scuttle the boat and raid the cargo hold then leave.

You are required to kill the plunderbeacon crew before you can do damage to the lighthouse (they act as guardians for it).

I have a full guide link in my signature with more event details if you are interested.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yo ho Yo ho a pirate's life for me

... I hain't been to Disneyland since 2009. They had a "get in free on your birthday" program back then.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya i was surprised when i killed a random sea critter and got a merchant chest in my pack.... twice.

all in all it was a pretty cool night out playing with the new stuff, until we came upon a plunder beacon.
got pinned up beside it by sea critters so couldn't disengage and then got sliced to ribbons and scuttled.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yo ho Yo ho a pirate's life for me

... I hain't been to Disneyland since 2009. They had a "get in free on your birthday" program back then.
Haven't been there since 1984... My sisters boyfriend bought tickets and let me tag along ... was nice of them to give me one for graduation... my that was so long ago.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Killing the NPCs on any boat gives you a chance to receive maritime cargo. You aren't required to kill Ship crews if you don't want to, you can scuttle the boat and raid the cargo hold then leave.

You are required to kill the plunderbeacon crew before you can do damage to the lighthouse (they act as guardians for it).

I have a full guide link in my signature with more event details if you are interested.
That is an awesome guide! Thanks for the link.

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
questions

1 - how do we know when and where the beacons spawn?

2 - am i correct that the beacon is kinda like the beacon thingie from the Minax invasion/the shadow of that invasion in the Blackthorn dungeon?

3 - will the new turn-in-thingies spawn on trade quest sea monsters or just normal sea monsters?

4 - does this sound like a viable way to pursue the event: get the stuff from the sea spawn on good guy characters, doing good guy things; then have some of the stuff "stolen" by bad guy characters or neutral characters; who turn their ill-gotten-stuff into the buc's den turnin dude?

5 - do we have any indication if this part of the event is permanent or not?

and just a comment, to the UO people, not to any posters:

really kinda awful that the rewards are just for being the bad guy. oh well. sometimes gotta do right just to do it. but why flat-out encourage us not to? or is this like 'in the shadow of virtue' where the better good guy rewards come later in the event? or some such?

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Haven't been there since 1984... My sisters boyfriend bought tickets and let me tag along ... was nice of them to give me one for graduation... my that was so long ago.
not that long. google top 10 songs from 1984 -- almost all those results will be well known to kids today.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
not that long. google top 10 songs from 1984 -- almost all those results will be well known to kids today.
I know many of them are being done by newer artists... and sometimes I wonder can't they come up with their own stuff? But then I realize many songs even in 1984 were from 1950's and 60's... so yeah... it keeps coming back around... which is great...

Hearing Disturbed do the Sound of Silence was interesting... I thought it was good but I still like Simon and Garfunkle better.

Now hearing some chick sing Home Sweet Home by Motley Crue that was something else entirely... Couldn't stand it. Desacration of a classic song. I'm sure my parents felt the same way about things I listened to back then.

I imagine what my Papa would think of Disturbs rendition of The Sound of Silence. Not sure he'd approve...

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
questions
-No, it randomly spawns and seems to always have at least one up.

2 - am i correct that the beacon is kinda like the beacon thingie from the Minax invasion/the shadow of that invasion in the Blackthorn dungeon?
-Yes

3 - will the new turn-in-thingies spawn on trade quest sea monsters or just normal sea monsters?
-Not sure but the amount of Sea Monsters has been bumped up and im getting them on random sea monsters i kill

4 - does this sound like a viable way to pursue the event: get the stuff from the sea spawn on good guy characters, doing good guy things; then have some of the stuff "stolen" by bad guy characters or neutral characters; who turn their ill-gotten-stuff into the buc's den turnin dude?
-you can turn them in with anyone.... i don't recall seeing bad karma or anything when i turned in mine on Origin

- ????

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know many of them are being done by newer artists... and sometimes I wonder can't they come up with their own stuff? But then I realize many songs even in 1984 were from 1950's and 60's... so yeah... it keeps coming back around... which is great...

Hearing Disturbed do the Sound of Silence was interesting... I thought it was good but I still like Simon and Garfunkle better.

Now hearing some chick sing Home Sweet Home by Motley Crue that was something else entirely... Couldn't stand it. Desacration of a classic song. I'm sure my parents felt the same way about things I listened to back then.

I imagine what my Papa would think of Disturbs rendition of The Sound of Silence. Not sure he'd approve...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya i was surprised when i killed a random sea critter and got a merchant chest in my pack.... twice.

all in all it was a pretty cool night out playing with the new stuff, until we came upon a plunder beacon.
got pinned up beside it by sea critters so couldn't disengage and then got sliced to ribbons and scuttled.
"until we came upon a plunder beacon. got pinned up beside it by sea critters so couldn't disengage and then got sliced to ribbons and scuttled."

Hold it.

Were you in Trammel or Felucca ?

And what happened to your Hold ?

The reason I am asking it, is that I am working on fishing and keeping pretty much all of my fish for Fishmongers' Quests in the ship's Hold... whether in commodity deeds or actual fish/crabs/lobsters....

And I would HATE losing it should I bump into a Plunder Beacon while doing some fishing because I get scuttled and my Hold sacked...

My Ship does not even have cannons !!

It is no longer possible with the Rising Tide content to do some fishing in peace ???

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"until we came upon a plunder beacon. got pinned up beside it by sea critters so couldn't disengage and then got sliced to ribbons and scuttled."

Hold it.

The reason I am asking it, is that I am working on fishing and keeping pretty much all of my fish for Fishmongers' Quests in the ship's Hold... whether in commodity deeds or actual fish/crabs/lobsters....

And I would HATE losing it should I bump into a Plunder Beacon while doing some fishing because I get scuttled and my Hold sacked...

It is no longer possible with the Rising Tide content to do some fishing in peace ???
Fish off the dock in Ter Mur or grave water lake if you cant kill a sea serpent.

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
ty

does ???? mean u don't know answer, or that u don't get question?

-No, it randomly spawns and seems to always have at least one up.

-Yes

-Not sure but the amount of Sea Monsters has been bumped up and im getting them on random sea monsters i kill

-you can turn them in with anyone.... i don't recall seeing bad karma or anything when i turned in mine on Origin

- ????

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Hold it.

was tram.
my hold was fine, i was able to make emergency repairs and hobble away.
if you say away from the waters around Jhelom and away from the Sea Port you should be just fine.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Speaking of 60s to 80s - Hazy Shade of Winter - S&G version or Bangles version?

Dewey

Visitor
Hey, were liquor caches removed? I am returning after being gone for some odd 2-3 years and was hoping to collect all the collectible liquors again.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, were liquor caches removed? I am returning after being gone for some odd 2-3 years and was hoping to collect all the collectible liquors again.
You need to scuttle the merchant boats to have a chance to get the liquor. I got several boxes, full of liquor, last week.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Agree..desecration is the right word..lol

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran

anyone have any ideas??

Pity they didn't made the Cargo box itself a Container...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I love how the City Trade has gold now if you turn the cargo in at the city it was address to with the trade ministers.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A few observations:

1. You can't just park your ship anywhere anymore after you clear your surroundings. Last night, a couple of us LA governors were out collecting chests (he's a merchant trading them in for inventory since his city is maxed, I return my chests to the cities under 1 billion and sell the rest to the pirate, since 4 of the 9 were under 100 million last night; well, it was down to 1 after our trip). The other governor had to go put the kids to bed, so we didn't move after killing a beacon, and he went AFK for about 10 minutes.
    ....after he was gone about 3 minutes, a pirate wandered onto us across our bow (where his character was standing), and before I could even move (my first action was to invis the AFK), a BEACON spawned to Starboard (like THREE STEPS off the rail). Luckily the monster spawn was still light, but the invis was wearing off when I got us clear of the monsters and pirate, and the monster spawn got thick on the fight back in (and we took about 10% damage to the ship from the beacon getting off several broadsides before I could get out of range).
  2. The one AoE spell that seems to work on the Orc Crew is Earthquake, which actually works decent for them and the monsters IF you can stand all the ranged attacks of the crew and spawn. But, not all that safe when doing them solo, especially if you don't have summons on the beacon to distract them yet.