• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What do my fellow Players use?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am curious. Do you guys play classic with uoa?

Or do you prefer the EC with Pincos? Are there other better options than Pincos?

Asking for friend. LoL

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First and foremost it does not matter what client you use just as long as you play UO. I use UO and because of the crafting menus I don't need UOA really, I do use EC only when sorting containers as it is easier to make them neater for display. Now I will just say this, if I could use the EC client with the CC Graphics I would switch in a heart beat. It would IMHO be the best of both worlds.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EC with Pinco's --- love all his little helps, makes UO life a lot easier!

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EC with some of my own custom mods. Though I'm going back to CC with UOA for my mage.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First and foremost it does not matter what client you use just as long as you play UO. I use UO and because of the crafting menus I don't need UOA really, I do use EC only when sorting containers as it is easier to make them neater for display. Now I will just say this, if I could use the EC client with the CC Graphics I would switch in a heart beat. It would IMHO be the best of both worlds.
I use EC because of the easier containers and the interface. If I could use the EC client with the CC Graphics I might be in real trouble as I currently am limited to about 2.5 hrs of playing before the graphics make me truly queasy. With that combo I might become lost in the game for much longer periods.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
EC used to give me a bit of motion sickness, I set max fps to 30 now I don't get that effect. Everything just runs smooth still thankfully. I prefer EC for the features and larger play screen.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use both regularly. Both have certain things i like. If I was allowed id make a client that meshed the two together.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EC, tried Pinco's but it loves updating on me every time. Would use Pinco's more if it didnt do that.
If I remember, Pinco told you how to fix this, I had the same problem, followed his instructions and was fixed immediately.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
EC with Pinco's... without it, I just don't care to play at all.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have EC default but have the mods for Cartographer and mods for scalable T-Map installed on top of it. So technically I run the cartographer modded client 99.9% of the time although I only actually run cartographer maybe once a week for alliance stuff. The tmap mod is also installed into the carto mod as well as me having it set up as a ui on it's own. Did that to ensure the mod ran before I dumped it on top of the carto mod. Gets very complicated :p

I have EC + Pincos which I use only when requiring to harvest plants.

upload_2018-6-13_12-3-56.png

I have the cc installed ONLY for writing books which I do rarely. I can't play this client any longer lol, wouldn't know how to run it as it has been over 10 yrs since I did. I would never find anything in my house either as once you set up all your containers in the EC items will never be found in the cc.

Belmarduk

Adventurer
I would not play UO anymore if the CC graphics were pasted over to the EC - I hate the jerky movements and the graphics look like out of one of those C64 games

Lets be realistic - both graphics are total crap - they should have atleast switched back to the Third Dawn client after cancelling KR - the "workability" of the EC is ok.. though, just the graphics are much to blurry

If they had made the KR client work like the EC works now and made it slightly more HD then that would have been perfect - the graphics were actually on the whole quite good in KR - just (apart from the movement and the bugs at release) it was too blurry and some colors were a bit off

In this day and age it should be possible to have an isometric HD client !...........

The Third Dawn client was far from perfect also but if they had worked on it more..........

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use Classic with UOA 99.9% and the rest I use EC for when I want to buy something and can't see it in the pack of the vendor and to find a healer when they have decided to move after 20 years of occupying the same 8x8 spot. :D I did do some taming early on using EC too, the one button clicking was nice for a few of the actions.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
EC with Pinco's, except big boss loot, then plain EC - think I still have to switch to CC for race change token or something like that

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I was EC with Pinco's, I love it when it works. He's making big changes to the healthbars, and things are borked again while he debugs. So I'm back to vanilla EC, at least for a while.

I miss the container sorting most of all. I don't have a speedy way to sort through a MOB corpse and see if there's anything good. Sorting it helped a lot.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was EC with Pinco's, I love it when it works. He's making big changes to the healthbars, and things are borked again while he debugs. So I'm back to vanilla EC, at least for a while.

I miss the container sorting most of all. I don't have a speedy way to sort through a MOB corpse and see if there's anything good. Sorting it helped a lot.
Well, yes, even without sorting, I’m hooked on the grid - I’d be totally lost looking at a corpse in CC now - I wonder if most CC users would use the grid if it were an option with CC, or do they just love digging through that jumbled mess of items hoping for a surprise at the bottom?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Well, yes, even without sorting, I’m hooked on the grid - I’d be totally lost looking at a corpse in CC now - I wonder if most CC users would use the grid if it were an option with CC, or do they just love digging through that jumbled mess of items hoping for a surprise at the bottom?
So how do you evaluate loot without sorting? Do you mouse over every item one by one? That takes so much time.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So how do you evaluate loot without sorting? Do you mouse over every item one by one? That takes so much time.
Actually I never could use Pinco’s on any major public corpse like a Scalis or it would hang up - always had to switch to EC for that - when I can’t sort a corpse or my pack with a couple dozen items, I go out of grid into list view - you can scroll down the list pretty quickly

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
On Pinco's automatically items are filtered based on imbuing weight + you can specifiy filters yourself which I take heavy advantage of, I filter for rings or braces with ssi 10, wooden shields and any weapons with splinter 15 or over as an example, i think I have over 20 seperate things on filter which I consider rare finds. On Lurg for example even though it drops a high quantity of items everytime I can flash look at it for 1-2 seconds to know if there is anything worth while inside.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
On Pinco's automatically items are filtered based on imbuing weight + you can specifiy filters yourself which I take heavy advantage of, I filter for rings or braces with ssi 10, wooden shields and any weapons with splinter 15 or over as an example, i think I have over 20 seperate things on filter which I consider rare finds. On Lurg for example even though it drops a high quantity of items everytime I can flash look at it for 1-2 seconds to know if there is anything worth while inside.
I know that. I want a faster way to evaluate loot, but without Pinco's.

Right now with Pinco's all the backpacks contain invisible items, I can't see them at all. I don't play enough to be a beta tester, so I've unloaded Pinco's until he gets the latest bugs worked out.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I know that. I want a faster way to evaluate loot, but without Pinco's.

Right now with Pinco's all the backpacks contain invisible items, I can't see them at all. I don't play enough to be a beta tester, so I've unloaded Pinco's until he gets the latest bugs worked out.
Me and my friend had the invisible items last night, told pinco about it and it's been fixed now.