• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement What Day(s) Best For EM Events?

Which Day(s) Are Best for EM Events?

• Mondays

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Tuesdays

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Wednesdays

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Thursdays

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Fridays

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Saturdays

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Sundays

Votes: 19 55.9%

• Total voters

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
In light of a request I figure a poll is best to see what days work best for folk in regards to EM Events. So please vote what days you can make events, you can select more than one.

Thanks!

We'll do our best to work towards the majority, but remember we work around specific player events as well as our own schedules so it isn't possible 100% of the time.

Roland Of Gilead

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tuesday and thursday look like good ones ;) and i didnt vote wed because of the auction but its a good day for it cuz extra people are on for the auction as long as event occurs after that it usually works out ok but can be hard for the auction staff to make it there right away.just my 2 cents :)Thx for all u have done in making uo a more interesting place to be We Love U! :)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd say rotate the days in which EM events are hosted if thats possible, that way everyone will get a shot at attending an EM event as everyone has different work scheduals etc :) If you have a set schedual then some people are always going to miss out.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why ask on the europa board????......ask on the rares boards...think you will find 60-70% of peeps at the europa events dont actually play europa as there main shard...[whatever]......

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why ask on the europa board????......ask on the rares boards...think you will find 60-70% of peeps at the europa events dont actually play europa as there main shard...[whatever]......
Because it's about what the Europa players generally want, so more of THEM can attend, rather than just what the rares collectors want, perhaps?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I THINK.... the rares people have a much better source of info. on all different shards upcoming events than us commoners do...[whatever]

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please add time of day for each day too.
I can play late in case next day is not working.
I can play early in case today is weekend.

You got idea.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I THINK.... the rares people have a much better source of info. on all different shards upcoming events than us commoners do...[whatever]
Perhaps they do, but this is our chance to suggest when the 'regular' players of the shard find the easiest times for in-game activities - whatever the 'vote', it can't always happen, since the EMs have other commitments too (despite some people shouting 'they are paid to do stuff' and going on to demand things fit their particular desires, EMs are employed for very short hours that have to fit around their own real lives as well, it's not a full time job for them). Even this poll won't 'force' dates on them, but it can give them a better feel for what times people would prefer.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Strange question!. Seems so obviously correct place I cant imagine why anyone would think it should be somewhere else. This is the EUROPA board and is for EUROPA players.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Strange question!. Seems so obviously correct place I cant imagine why anyone would think it should be somewhere else. This is the EUROPA board and is for EUROPA players.
like i said b4 out of every 10 players at europa events only 3 will actually play the europa shard....the other 7 will be shard vultures...[whatever]

Last edited:

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the suggestion is that Europa events should be posted on the Rares Forum and tailored to suit NON- Europa players who choose to come to our shard to obtain event items?. To paraphrase a certain tennis player 'You cannot be serious'.

The fact that most Europa players (myself included) d0 do not read the Rares forum is inconsequential?. The people who actually play on Europa might not agree.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the suggestion is that Europa events should be posted on the Rares Forum and tailored to suit NON- Europa players who choose to come to our shard to obtain event items?. To paraphrase a certain tennis player 'You cannot be serious'.

The fact that most Europa players (myself included) d0 do not read the Rares forum is inconsequential?. The people who actually play on Europa might not agree.
Err NO...............besides certain corners of the rares forum will know about europa ''drop' events far sooner than you sunny jim !!! LOL

Last edited:

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did indeed give a wrong proposal which was stupid of me. The proposal should have read that we should ask on the rares forum for an indication from the collectors thereon of the days they would prefer Europa events to be staged on. However as you suggest that 'certain corners', whatever that might mean, possess a certain omniscience for when our events have 'drops' there does seem to be little need for them to be asked.

I know of no way I could care less about such 'drops' so my knowing whether or no there will be a 'drop' is of no consequence to me.

Your Servant ---- Sunny Jim.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does it really matter whether the cross shard traders are going to be there? The only drops it will affect are the limited, monster loot table rolls due to increased numbers, but the dispenser type items and the EM awarded ones will remain the same, and role players will be there for the story anyway. Simply go with the time best suited for Europa players, and let the "vultures" look after themselves as they always do.

I voted for Sunday as that's the most likely time for a day-off across Europe. Tuesdays are a well supported choice too, but I must admit surprise that Friday is so popular, being as it's the traditional "go out clubbing" night in the UK.... but then I guess we aren't really the clubbing types, are we?

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see your logic BUT the rares forum has no place in deciding on when this happens.

Like people have stated its an europa event for Europa players, if other players from other shards come and join in, then fair play.
It should always be about the event and not what drops u can get, to horde or sell for millions, more fel events would stop this.

K

Kou (DoT)

and role players will be there for the story anyway.
Personally, as a roleplayer, I tend not to attend any more.
The story is too frequently overshadowed by the noise created by the childish, impatient or greedy.

SirZ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In Moscow time events starts very late, especially when you consider that in the morning to get up for work.
So best days for me it's a fridays and saturdays.

O

Ozzmandias

Weekend's work for me, at least then the times can be changed and folks can attend. Of course, people have stuff to do on a weekend I am sure, but at least that is there choice. During the week, I am away with work and I cannot attend.

Cheers

Oz

Amantala EA

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I opted for any day except Wednesday, as that is when we run the Europa Auction. We aren't always finished by 8pm so events on auction days are a little inconvenient :)

Last edited:

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any day except Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.