• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] What can I enhance stone armor with?

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I figured since masonry is an offshoot of carpentry i could enhance stone armor, but no luck. also, gargoyle armor can be enhanced just like any other armor, right? thanks.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you trying to enhance the item by using the "Enhance" button on the carpentry menu or the stoncrafting menu? Simply put, are you using a carpentry tool (the wrong tool) or a mallet & chisel to do this? Yes, stonecrafting is an offshoot of carpentry, but they require different tools to use.

If you are using the right tool, then choose a type of colored granite (non-normal, colors match the ingot colors). I do not know where to find the material bonuses for the types of granite, else I would provide a link. My guess is they are similar to the material bonus of ingots of the same color.

Stayin Alive,

BG

M

mjolnir131

if the different colored granite gives different modes ,this is where the no inbibing enhanced items hits the logic wall. Gragys are all about stone and the stone has always been there for them it's the rest of mondiana that just "discovered" it so logic would dictate they could inbibe with the metals and granite

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if the different colored granite gives different modes ,this is where the no inbibing enhanced items hits the logic wall. Gragys are all about stone and the stone has always been there for them it's the rest of mondiana that just "discovered" it so logic would dictate they could inbibe with the metals and granite
I don't understand what you are trying to say. The rule is items made from special material cannot be imbued. That applies to all weapons and armor, regardless of what material they are made from (metal, leather, stone, wood). Why would it be different for stone?

Stayin Alive,

BG

zared of napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should be able to enhance plain granite items with any other color of granite..Remember the stonecrafting skill does a carpentry skill check so if your not gm you might have a big problem with it saying you can not enhance that item.

* side note using a carpentry taliman does not bump up your success chance you neeed to use a masonary Talisman.*

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh wow barry gibb, i didn't even think to use a chisel and mallet! thank you (also about the granite thing too) :D