• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What can I buy with 200k?

• Thread starter ErikW1248
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

Johnny_Five

hate to be the DB to tell ya no, but no, the cheapest 'rares' i can think are gonna be in the 10m range and even then they arent super rare or all that desirable, thank the dupers for making hundreds of mils-bils of gold in the space of 10 min and circulating that IG...

E

ErikW1248

wow, I had no idea, 5 years ago, I bought a castle for 2M, and 2M was a boatload!

M

mdacc#one

<blockquote><hr>

wow, I had no idea, 5 years ago, I bought a castle for 2M, and 2M was a boatload!

[/ QUOTE ]

2 mil was not a boatload 5 years ago. Try before 2000.

E

ErikW1248

Well, I was playing before Everquest came out. maybie it was longer than 5 years.

G

You can make gold much more quickly ingame now. And with all the gold that is ingame, inflation keeps prices on rares high. Do some reading, and figure out what character you like to play the best then tailor them so that you can start making gold as quickly as possible (if that's what you want to do). Usually it's an awareness of what items are valuable, such as the crimson cincture which is a half apron drop from peerless. Those go for 17 mill last I heard. Maybe its 15 or something now, dunno. But there's quite a few ways to make money quickly nowadays, you just need to do some reading and maybe get in a good group or guild then get a lil lucky.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
even back then i never seen a castle go for 2m lol cheapest i ever seen was 10m=/

but cheap rares are actualy in any price range i mean like ive talked about in another thread mishued npc stuff is around 1-2m a pop..can find open books for around 5m or so....lots of good rares for fairly cheap prices....probably not 200k tho...but i mean its wayyyyy too easy to make money i mean u can jus fight LL's or sumthin like that, thats easy and make several mil a day.....atleast i can...=/....lol:D

G

I bought a castle for 1m. Yep, I'm old.

So, back on topic, I've seen some actual one-of-a-kind items for sale for 1-2m. I know it's still more than the OP wanted to spend, but technically one-of-a-kind items are very, very, very rare -- even more so than the vine cords or whatever people spend their billions on.

See, the key is to actually *want* the odd/unusual 'rares' that are in fact very rare, for the rarity itself and not for the status others place on it. Then, you can collect affordably.

I

imported_BoneDaddy

Ill sell you my silver wooden quarterstaff of vanquishing for 200k.

X

Xavier_Arcanus

Hey, you might be able to get a full suit of ranger armor for 200k!

I

imported_BoneDaddy

Speaking of...

Why do they sell for 150k?

I mean... Shouldn't they be up there higher?

I dont remember everyone picking the ranger suits...

Plants are 500k-1.5M... So why would an entire suit sell for 150k?

Hrm.

Weird.

G

I seem to recall ranger armor was given out twice, once for Christmas and also for a long time via the new player tickets which is what 'did in' the value. Whereas plants were only given out once in 1999 I believe.

G

Pete is right...everyone picked the ranger armor over a nautical compass and spyglass!