• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] What are you selling?

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd taken a break from running a plant shop on Chesapeake after the raised beds came out, but am thinking about starting up again. I used to sell a lot of plain deco plants and tons of orange petals, but the raised beds seemed to really take a bite out of the market. I sold dyes too, and also colored battle chicken eggs.

Is anyone having luck selling plants or seeds now, or ? If you would please post your shard and pricing, that would be so helpful, thanks!

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been waiting for a more active gardener to give you some advice, but I`ll try my best. The raised garden beds did take some business away from the petals etc. Many people now have at least one of those and grow bright orange somethings. However, most players do not really bother much with growing plants, so depending on your shard there still might be need for those. I do not know Chesapeake.

I have sold dyes since they were introduced, and they are still selling, albeit slowly. After another tweak in prices I see a small increase in sales. Lower than what I have now for the regular dyes and it will not be worth the trouble for me. Seeds of renewal always sells. There is a constand demand for those no matter which shard you are on.

So, the raised garden beds did have an impact - but as with many other things in UO: even if players have the opportunity of creating/making/crafting/growing, many of them still think it`s more conventient to just buy what they need from a player-vendor.