• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rares Fest What are you hoping to see at Pacific fest?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
So, nearly time for another fest, so what's everyone hoping to find this time?

My list is still nearly the same since Chessie, though I did manage to find a Vladimere cloak and a few more sashes since then. :) I'm still hoping to find a Dirty Bear Rug, a Staff Of Wonders, any EM sashes I'm missing, a few more Trammel-birth oddities, and some EM-crafteds...
  • Fishing Pole Crafted by EM Vladimere
  • Dagger Crafted By EM Vladimere
  • Thigh Boots crafted by EM Vladimere
  • Tribal Mask Crafted By EM Drosselmeyer
  • Globe Crafted By Where In the World Is Dross?
  • Anything crafted by The Creepy Elf On the Shelf

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I am hoping for the Crux armor sleeves (I lost mine when I moved) or anything Crux related I don't already have
Looking for dolls
Maple leaf pies so I can finish my floor design
Neat flowers and fauna

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Coincidentally I am also looking for many of the same items I was searching for at Chessie Fest.
  • magical Moonglow mushroom
  • fading Bloodcap mushroom
  • not sure of the name but the large colored mushroom from an Asian EM event
  • a frog statue
Kittens:
needed kittens.png

Puppy:
needed puppy.png

genchattroll101

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Coincidentally I am also looking for many of the same items I was searching for at Chessie Fest.
  • magical Moonglow mushroom
  • fading Bloodcap mushroom
  • not sure of the name but the large colored mushroom from an Asian EM event
  • a frog statue
Kittens:
View attachment 41278

Puppy:
View attachment 41277
I have the first kitten, the misk one :) Willing to part with it.

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What am I hoping to see at the Pacific fest....

I'd say, friends having fun, interesting events, the good natured competition of bidding wars....oh and having gold in the bank so I can buy stuff for once, I always seem to be broke when the fest happens ;)

Aftershock

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im still trying to come to terms on how we call these events "Rares Fest". Rares are actually still in game but you never really see them for sale or they have lost their value due to recreations of the same thing but a different name. Why arent these called, "Event Items Fest". Sounds crazy, but I miss the old days where Rares actually had a meaning. Remember the first time you got a "Fruit basket"? or maybe even when you tried to be the first to get the "Rock". Just the adrenaline rush was Awesome! Everything now is an Event Item and just isnt the same to me. Dont get me wrong I enjoy having them drop in my pack when Im one of the 10 people who gets lucky, but its tough now to get them. Not complaining just speaking my opinion. I enjoy Rares fest for the people and to see old Vets in game, but You never know when you come across that one vendor who has the one thing you were looking for . Hope to see everyone there!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
My vendor empty

A place for me by the fire

Dusty old keg of Good Old Moonglow Red

Old friends new people to learn about

And a clue to who it is that walks around dropping 1 mil gold checks at every fest

Oh well I guess that's done with now actually

Grrr that will always be a good mystery

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im still trying to come to terms on how we call these events "Rares Fest". Rares are actually still in game but you never really see them for sale or they have lost their value due to recreations of the same thing but a different name. Why arent these called, "Event Items Fest". Sounds crazy, but I miss the old days where Rares actually had a meaning. Remember the first time you got a "Fruit basket"? or maybe even when you tried to be the first to get the "Rock". Just the adrenaline rush was Awesome! Everything now is an Event Item and just isnt the same to me. Dont get me wrong I enjoy having them drop in my pack when Im one of the 10 people who gets lucky, but its tough now to get them. Not complaining just speaking my opinion. I enjoy Rares fest for the people and to see old Vets in game, but You never know when you come across that one vendor who has the one thing you were looking for . Hope to see everyone there!
When I first started I came across the mage camp spawn by wrong once and was able to loot the blood tiles, was very exciting until someone ran up and killed me and took them lol. Oh the good ole days. But getting those at the time was just as exciting as when I looted one of Mesanna's numbered books off a mob during one of her evil events.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd kind of hoped we'd start seeing mage camps pop up again, with the shards less crowded with houses, but no luck - I've still never actually seen a mage camp in-game. :p
They were pretty cool, it would be nice if random stuff like that would happen in the game again. Also I have been searching to no avail for that Dross globe for you, I have one somewhere, or at least I did. I lost three houses during my break from game and hoping it wasnt in one of them. Still have allot of stuff to go thru though (crosses fingers).

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how about trying to get as many folks online on one shard.... at one time ..maybe promote on uohall etc etc ...maybe ...just saying would be awesome to see a massive one off turn out....all in one place..maybe the evil lady could come pay the big crowd a visit if it did or could happen...

just a thought.....:grouphug:

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
how about trying to get as many folks online on one shard.... at one time ..maybe promote on uohall etc etc ...maybe ...just saying would be awesome to see a massive one off turn out....all in one place..maybe the evil lady could come pay the big crowd a visit if it did or could happen...

during rares fest on chesapeake i emptied my luna vendors on sonoma and renamed them to something like "RaresFestOnChessy" in hopes of bringing in folks who don't access stratics. what i missed in sales on sonoma i more than made up for with 1 vendor on chesapeake. (and then i spent all the gold i earned. hehe)

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
guildstones. I don't know why, but every time I come back I am on a mission to collect as many as possible. Then I leave and let my houses fall and they all leave me again....
How many do you want to buy I have a few hundred left to sell lol

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor

I thought that was what great lakes events are for? *ducks*

Clops

Sage
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Lord
Ruth's Miracle Spell Remedy (Connected Full Jars - New Hue)
a Treatise on Tomb-Robbery, Signed by Lefty (Brown Open Book) (3)
A Bandana With An Insignia Marking You As A Friend Of Britain's Thiefmaster (?)
Void Egg (not Void Rock - though if Pampa was inclined....)
Pretty much any unique or near-unique Mesanna world tour event item
Fennel and Rosemary crusted leg of lamb (vr)
Gold bar as payment for committing murder - 6
Notice of outstanding debt - 6

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Full Jars, Fruit Basket, Blood tiles, Lady in Red Painting, Rocks, Rock, Wig, Black Sandals you know.....Rares!
So you want to buy all of the crap that Marqee Dragon duped back in 99 - 02? Awesome, make sure you bring at least a half a mil !

Pampa DH

Lore Master
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Something old or uniques. Seems to only be new em items in bulk, all of which are offered here 5 minutes after the event. I would also love to see any of the 4 LS items I need to finish that collection off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StonewallGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd love to see "A Jade Pig Stolen From The Emperor's Garden" for sale.

My other pigs could use some more company...

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Not sure where to post this, but I will be providing blue beetles free of charge to anyone in need on Pacific for the Rares Festival. Please contact me and I will gladly give you one. If I'm out of stock, i'll gladly tame you one.

Just remember - don't go afk on a beetle with stuff in it - harbingers will eat them along with your items!!!

raresfest beetle.jpg