• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] What are the seeds with uses other than for decorative plants ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am trying to find what seeds/plants among all out there have uses other than to grow decorative plants.

I know vanilla seeds can be used in cooking to make chocolate and that another type of seed is used to grown a plant that makes orange leaves which, when eaten, helps to defend against poison. Another type of seed can be used to grow a plant that makes red leaves which can be used on books to make it not possible to edit the books' content. What other seeds/plants also have uses other than decorative ?

Thanks.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Green thorns can be harvested from bright green barrel cactus and snake plants. Bags of sugar are produced from sugar cane plants. Here's a link that will help you with your question: http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/gardening-essay#resources

Thank you for the link.

So, if I understand it right, of all of the existing plants those with uses other then decorative, are those which produce a Red Leaf (Bright Red Elephant Ear Plants, Bright Red Ponytail Palms and Bright Red Century Plants), Orange Petals (Bright Orange Poppies, Bright Orange Bulrushes and Bright Orange Pampas Grass), a Green Thorn (Bright Green Barrel Cacti and Bright Green Snake Plants), Poppy Dust (from Poppies but I am not sure what the dust cloud can be used for...), a Bale of Cotton (from Flax plants), a Sack of Sugar (Sugar Cane), a Bark Fragment (from ‘plain’ and ‘mossy’ varieties of Cypress Tree), and Vanilla (Vanilla plants) which is used to make chocolate.

That's it, or am I missing any plants with uses other than just decorative ?

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last edited:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Poppy Dust (from Poppies but I am not sure what the dust cloud can be used for...)
Poppy dust can be used to identify seeds (but if you have a seed box you no longer need the dust for that purpose). My favorite use for poppy dust is decorative... it really looks nice locked down on the grass in a yard. :)

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And also ANY plant grown that generates seeds has a chance of returning a Seed Of Renewal instead, and those are used in Imbuing for magery related enhancements.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
And also ANY plant grown that generates seeds has a chance of returning a Seed Of Renewal instead, and those are used in Imbuing for magery related enhancements.
True. That's the best bet for anyone wanting to make a great deal of gold growing plants.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well, I think one has a better chance of getting them hunting at the Cavern of the Discarded....

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I think one has a better chance of getting them hunting at the Cavern of the Discarded....
i have 4 garden beds i get 10 rough seeds each cycle of plants and run orange plants for petals for the rest not bad for low time investment every 2 weeks