• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What are the different stages of an IDOC???

• Thread starter Sethblackmoore
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sethblackmoore

I tried to find this answer somewhere else but couldn't. Anyone know each stage of an IDOC?? Or a link to where this info is? I'm looking for each day what an IDOC would say. Like In Danger of Collapsing. Thx in advance.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
goes from
-this building is like new
-this structure is slightlty worn
24 hours after it will hit
this structure is fairly worn
24 hours or so
structure is greatly worn
again 24 hours....this structure is in danger of giving everyone its loot
....7 hours or so after that time

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those are all outdated and wrong. The new stages for IDOCs are as follows:

Slightly Worn
Somewhat Worn
Fairly Worn
Greatly Worn
In Danger of Collapsing
Owned by OSI (at this point it starts from the beginning)

G

1. Spend hours searching.
2. Recall back to IDOC daily to keep track.
3. Grab every danged thing you can and throw it on a packy while secretly cursing all those "greedy" players around you who are stealing "your" IDOC.
4. Watch the scripters place a new house.
5. Go throught your packys
6. Be bummed out that you spent all those hours and got very little in return.
7. Make an angry post on Stratics about the scripters.
8. Go to the alcohol cabinette to wash away the feelings of guilt for having had such bad thoughts about other players only to realize you are one of those players.
9. Start all over again.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know this has nothing to do with the actual timing of an idoc..but the rumors are true, if you have an animal ( pack llama in this case) with you inside the house when it falls, it can take the pet with it, bonded or not, ive been doing idocs for a very long time and have had them inside the houses when they fell and never had this happen! only heard about it happening to someone else..until recently!...totally wiped 2 bonded llamas..deleted them from the pet balls too!, i logged out and back in. i waited a day ..nothing! they were totally wiped out!...they were fed!..just letting the idocr's who like me..didnt really believe this and would have those pack llamas sittin in them castle idocs, it does happen!!

G

Haha ok here's mine

1. Get excited you found a house in decay!
2. Get tired of checking the status every day.
3. Get excited again because it's finally Greatly.
4. Realize it's going to turn some time during the night when you're not on.
5. Check messenger for someone who's going to be on at the time, ask them to check rune now and then to get approximate time it turns.
6. Log on in the morning check for messages.
7. Ignore message about what time it turned, it's idoc now so it'll go any time it wants to...
8. Wait.
9. Hide so no one notices you waiting.
10. See the regulars show up and shoot the breeze.
11. Wait.
12. Feel kinda bad that this person isn't playing UO anymore.
13. Wait.
14. Get annoyed because you have to pee and you know as soon as you get up the stupid house is gonna fall.
15. Wonder why that person is casting earthquake... decide not to bother telling them that doesn't work.
16. Wait.
17a. Get excited because the house is [no longer locked down] and hop of your beetle grabbing that chest you know is filled with rares (or candleabras... either/or...)
17b. Get annoyed because the house changed to a plot right before your eyes... you didn't even see the thing fall! *shakes fist* Darn Scripters!!
17c. Get annoyed because the house is now Owned by OSI Like new.