• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What are the different spell schools good for?

dabrixmgp

Visitor
Last time I played a Mage thats all there was, Magery. Im looking to make a Mage after finishing my Tamer but now theres Spellweaving, Mysticism, and Necromancy. All we used to use was Explosion/FS combo and EVs now theres a lot more spells. Dont really know what the current goto template is or what spells to use.. I assume the base build still starts with Magery, Med, and Eval but what skills after that for strictly PvM. Whats a good build for Champing and one for Bossing since Im guessing they are different. Also can a Mage solo a Champ like a Sampire can? Finally what items will I need? Got some lucky drops with my Tamer so I can afford to splurge on the best.

Last edited:

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I think the ratman spawn is generally the preferred spawn for casters. Otherwise sampire are best all around for spawns. (Except for fel lord oaks spawn)

I think people generally go wraith form for mana leech and use wither.

I believe thunderstorm from spellweaving is also good for spawns.

I think it’s generally hard to do the other spawns solo with a caster, but I do know that ratman can be done by a solo caster pretty well.

Tamer/caster might work for other spawns, but they would fall far behind a sampire in terms in efficiency.

I’m not very familiar with casters for spawns, but I might only do ratman or lord oaks with a caster.

Interested to hear how casters handle spawns as I think it’s mostly as Samps

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Spellweaving requires no regs, has a self rez, and a huge damage spell (wod), thunderstorm ignores terrain as an aoe(lowerish damage tho) and reaper form(sdi increase)

Mystic has healing stone(a reusable pot) spell stone(precast spell as a clickie) stone form, and RC. The 2 aoes are good, but need more than gm to cast reliably.

Pure mages can be good still, but you need slayer books, and SDI gear.