• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] What are the current Throwing builds for PVM

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings,

Anyone have any PVM builds they can share for making a throwing character. Mostly for Navery, Mel, Medusa Abyss spawns etc.

Considering -
Throwing / Tactics / Anatomy
Chivalry
Mysticism / Focus (for RC's)

The idea was to drop [hide behind] RC, step back and throw.

Be blessed,
Frederick

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most templates are the same as abc archery or wraith thrower. You don't see many thrower/ mystic do to the stat demands for Str and Sta.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Greetings,

Anyone have any PVM builds they can share for making a throwing character. Mostly for Navery, Mel, Medusa Abyss spawns etc.

Considering -
Throwing / Tactics / Anatomy
Chivalry
Mysticism / Focus (for RC's)

The idea was to drop [hide behind] RC, step back and throw.

Be blessed,
Frederick
What I would do is test this mystic thrower in TC1 first before you spend the time and resources on prodo. Theoretically should be possible. With equipment. Then you have to tweak mana and dex/str. Youre thinking about gargie character right?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Mystic Dexxer hybrids work best with melee weapon skills, specifically Mace Fighting, as you can reach the swing cap with a decent weapon while in Stone Form. Throwing would be too slow for a Mystic.

I currently run:

120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 Anatomy
100 Necro
70 Chiv
70 SS

Basically a sampire, that can also use Wraith Form/Curse Weapon.

Although a Thrower can do all of the encounters you listed a melee temp is better.

I'd suggest:

120 Mace
120 Myst
120 Focus
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
70 Chivalry

Work out the penalties/bonuses for Stone Form so you can plan your suit properly, it's easy to Imbue it to be a full dexxer with 100 LRC on there too. Play in Protection. If you can boost skills with items do, but it isn't necessary. Don't use Refinements as they don't work with Stone Form, regardless of whether you use them for resists or DCI. Stone Form will mean that you can't be Cursed (have your stats lowered) which means if you plan your suit properly you will never have less than 140 Dex which means you will bandage at the fastest it's possible to. Stone Form also means you can't be poisoned which means your bandages can't get blocked. You don't need to use Spell Channel weapons because Mysticism's Enchant Spell will add Sc-1 and 60 Hit Spell to your weapon (you can choose which spell, if you're fighting anything that counter attacks - which is everything you listed - then use Dispel and it won't trigger additional counters). I built the template years ago for soloing Slasher of the Veils. You can supplement your healing with Cleansing Wind with another on Spell Trigger, and Healing Stone/potions if you forego a shield's mods.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mystic Dexxer hybrids work best with melee weapon skills, specifically Mace Fighting, as you can reach the swing cap with a decent weapon while in Stone Form. Throwing would be too slow for a Mystic.

I currently run:

120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 Anatomy
100 Necro
70 Chiv
70 SS

Basically a sampire, that can also use Wraith Form/Curse Weapon.

Although a Thrower can do all of the encounters you listed a melee temp is better.

I'd suggest:

120 Mace
120 Myst
120 Focus
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
70 Chivalry

Work out the penalties/bonuses for Stone Form so you can plan your suit properly, it's easy to Imbue it to be a full dexxer with 100 LRC on there too. Play in Protection. If you can boost skills with items do, but it isn't necessary. Don't use Refinements as they don't work with Stone Form, regardless of whether you use them for resists or DCI. Stone Form will mean that you can't be Cursed (have your stats lowered) which means if you plan your suit properly you will never have less than 140 Dex which means you will bandage at the fastest it's possible to. Stone Form also means you can't be poisoned which means your bandages can't get blocked. You don't need to use Spell Channel weapons because Mysticism's Enchant Spell will add Sc-1 and 60 Hit Spell to your weapon (you can choose which spell, if you're fighting anything that counter attacks - which is everything you listed - then use Dispel and it won't trigger additional counters). I built the template years ago for soloing Slasher of the Veils. You can supplement your healing with Cleansing Wind with another on Spell Trigger, and Healing Stone/potions if you forego a shield's mods.
LG this was great all around Garg information! Thank you so much. I plan on trying all the different variations with Garg and then picking the one that offered the most fun. Mystic RC / Thrower is working pretty good and now we are testing out Thrower, Tactics, Anatomy Chivalry with Bushido. Still figuring out where to farm Legendary Garg armor. Was thinking of Unbound Energy Vortex's not sure if that is still a thing.

Hope to hear from others as well.

Be blessed,
Frederick

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you find a place that actually drops good garg gear, lemme know....
Still working on it but I decided to check out the Night Terror which is located in a small town to the East of the Royal City gate. They are pretty beastly so... be prepared. It doesn't drop a lot of loot but it can be good. Maybe the captains in Blackthorns? The other thing I'm gonna give a try is get mad luck on my fisher and do some Ancient SOS's. Ancient SOS's don't put up a fight, you just fish them up and get free loot. Getting the ASOS's is the harder part. Not sure if luck makes them pop more often...

I know sharing loot stratigies can be touchy for some folks but if anyone else feels like sharing that would be great.

Be blessed,
Frederick

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I mainly do exodus. I've gotten a couple garg legendaries, but they are usually trash. Loaded up with 400+ resist and like 5 stam.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I run one of two throwing templates

120 in all: Throwing Anatomy healing chivalry resist and tactics

And 120 throwing tactics taming lore 80 chivalry 80 anatomy 80 healing

They are both good, first gets good DPS and is good for things like Exodus and soloing captains, and second is great for group play where I can throw in a chiv Cu or meatshield while I focus on the DPS. Armor is tricky to get, but I’ve found a lot in exodus, and what comes in Exodus can largely be altered if need be so it’s not as difficult as some people think. Just requires stepping out of your comfort zone sometimes