• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What are the best reward in the new Treasures of the Archlich event....

mihali

Sage
I wonder if Expor bladed staff is awesome: Has some good stuff to it and may be good for general melee temps. Has great leaches, HFA 70, and searing, that is usually not found on weapons, that will consume a little mana and player has and some due, but it can be repaired and wonder if can be POFed.

Tha mantle for the ski, the gloves, the arms. Debating on the cingulum for gargie caster also. The other stuff is from past events.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
First aid belt is a thing I want to have on each shard I play (better 2 per)
SSI Epps (human and garg) - if you still don't have them
Bladed staff - sure.
Boots /talons of escaping always good to have .
And FC robe +belt on one shard where I plan to have 4/6 paladin one day .
Arm armor very good.

Talisman is really so-so thing. Don't think I'll take it.

And don't forget lore pages. I like art

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The talismans is better than any warriors talismans and if you don't have cameos a good thing

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Also, if you always wanted to have a 50 SDI book and don't care about the design, now is the time. It is only 200 points compared to 250 points at some of the previous (and likely upcoming) "treasures of ..." events, while deceit is (one of) the easiest dungeons to farm event points due to easy paragons.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wonder if Expor bladed staff is awesome: Has some good stuff to it and may be good for general melee temps. Has great leaches, HFA 70, and searing, that is usually not found on weapons, that will consume a little mana and player has and some due, but it can be repaired and wonder if can be POFed.
I opted to try to bladed staff as it does have some appeal. It may have its uses down the line but right now it's not something I'm using at all. There are a few reasons for this. First would be that the staff is 100% physical damage instead of 100% fire to synergize with searing (example here is that the Rams are weak to fire... this weapon would be perfect if it was 100% fire damage). The next reason reason is also related to searing property. In PvM (which is what I do these days) it has limited impact (Searing Weapon - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia), especially given that the weapon is all physical damage (AI or regular hit) so if something was weak to fire someone would likely use a 100% fire weapon. The result is that to something like a mummy/lich (low fire resist) I'm only doing like 2-3 damage with searing (which only procs 20% of the time); I'd be better off using a 50% fireball weapon. The one thing that you wouldn't get would be the -60 HPR but I didn't see much benefit of that when fighting paragon rams (I killed rams faster with a 100% fire double axe). Hit fire area is nice but not really the right weapon for this property. If I'm starting to get surrounded, I'm switching to a whirlwind weapon rather than a single target one.

It's a weapon that could have potential and definitely a step in the right direction with the leeches but missed the mark for me due to the lack of other complimentary properties for the weapon. The garg version of this weapon is just a complete miss and kind of makes me question if anyone on the Dev team actually plays a garg at all.

I think the SSI eps are probably hands down "the best" item for a dexer if you do not have them because there's just nothing else even close to it for that slot.

The bone gloves are probably the best (most versatile) new piece that will help both mages and dexers.

The SDI belt & robe are also nice. I put them on my SDI mages for max(ish) SDI. I'm at 187 SDI (with 50% SDI book in human form). I'm just able to fit them on the suit but things are starting to get a little tight in the LRC category and my mana isn't at 200 anymore.

Honorable mentions are the plate arms (vambraces) and the totem (Divinum). Arms are great piece but only +1 inherent LMC (plate). Tali is certainly interesting but tough to use if there is another tali with a slayer on it (ie cameo/trinket/tali from previous events).

mihali

Sage
I opted to try to bladed staff as it does have some appeal. It may have its uses down the line but right now it's not something I'm using at all. There are a few reasons for this. First would be that the staff is 100% physical damage instead of 100% fire to synergize with searing (example here is that the Rams are weak to fire... this weapon would be perfect if it was 100% fire damage). The next reason reason is also related to searing property. In PvM (which is what I do these days) it has limited impact (Searing Weapon - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia), especially given that the weapon is all physical damage (AI or regular hit) so if something was weak to fire someone would likely use a 100% fire weapon. The result is that to something like a mummy/lich (low fire resist) I'm only doing like 2-3 damage with searing (which only procs 20% of the time); I'd be better off using a 50% fireball weapon. The one thing that you wouldn't get would be the -60 HPR but I didn't see much benefit of that when fighting paragon rams (I killed rams faster with a 100% fire double axe). Hit fire area is nice but not really the right weapon for this property. If I'm starting to get surrounded, I'm switching to a whirlwind weapon rather than a single target one.

It's a weapon that could have potential and definitely a step in the right direction with the leeches but missed the mark for me due to the lack of other complimentary properties for the weapon. The garg version of this weapon is just a complete miss and kind of makes me question if anyone on the Dev team actually plays a garg at all.

I think the SSI eps are probably hands down "the best" item for a dexer if you do not have them because there's just nothing else even close to it for that slot.

The bone gloves are probably the best (most versatile) new piece that will help both mages and dexers.

The SDI belt & robe are also nice. I put them on my SDI mages for max(ish) SDI. I'm at 187 SDI (with 50% SDI book in human form). I'm just able to fit them on the suit but things are starting to get a little tight in the LRC category and my mana isn't at 200 anymore.

Honorable mentions are the plate arms (vambraces) and the totem (Divinum). Arms are great piece but only +1 inherent LMC (plate). Tali is certainly interesting but tough to use if there is another tali with a slayer on it (ie cameo/trinket/tali from previous events).
Appreciated. And same reasons I had reservations for the bladed staff, and may not get it, holding on to the points for now.

mihali

Sage

Also 187 SDI is awesome! What are your gear for this in addition to the 50% SDI book? Ty in advance.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yep - it's pretty much all of the highest items from there with exception of the magi pendent (no resists) & greymist gloves; I went with non-SDI items there. I opted for kelp leggings over the britches (need the LRC from them) and a regular 1/3 casting +18% SDI ring instead of the +20 ring (although with the added +1 FC items I might be able to swap to the compassion eye).

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yep - it's pretty much all of the highest items from there with exception of the magi pendent (no resists) & greymist gloves; I went with non-SDI items there. I opted for kelp leggings over the britches (need the LRC from them) and a regular 1/3 casting +18% SDI ring instead of the +20 ring (although with the added +1 FC items I might be able to swap to the compassion eye).
I still get confused about the cap and diminishing returns at what point is it just overkill and the desired ocd must have max

Innoxicated

Journeyman
I still get confused about the cap and diminishing returns at what point is it just overkill and the desired ocd must have max
Pvp cap is 25% for focused "pure" temps, 20% otherwise.

No cap for sdi in pvm. Also it's a direct multiplier, not logarithmic, so no diminishing returns. You say "overkill" like it's a bad thing! The more you got, the faster things die, so gimme gimme. Sdi is, however, certainly subject to min/maxing ocd, without a doubt.

I like the belt and the robe and think those are great directions for future event items. A lot like yukio's, adding properties to equipment slots that never had them before helps the game meta by opening up new template possibilities while not pushing the power creep much further.

The arms and the gloves are cool, too. I'm sure there was some saltiness from those who might already have better dexer arms or fire eater gloves, but those are some excellent items for the up and coming player ready to grind some drops, without having to wait for a lucky guild run through roof or underwater.