• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) What are some old memories?

H

HoHumHarry

Hi, I'm Harry I have been playing since November 1997 with about a 5 year break somewhere in the middle. I love nostalgia and talking about past experiences and old times. I played a lot and bank sat in Trinsic, I was known as Xaverri back then. In the days of KoC, MiM, Banana Boys I remember the V brothers(still cant spell their names) Sinister Paws, Lootsitall, Slay, Chupa to name a few.

Since Ransom has been slacking, I thought Id ask people to post some old memories of events, players or just things that happened when bank sitting (we all did it) What players do you remember from back then?

georox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember when a million gold actually meant something, and small marble houses were a mil +

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, I'm Harry I have been playing since November 1997 with about a 5 year break somewhere in the middle. I love nostalgia and talking about past experiences and old times. I played a lot and bank sat in Trinsic, I was known as Xaverri back then. In the days of KoC, MiM, Banana Boys I remember the V brothers(still cant spell their names) Sinister Paws, Lootsitall, Slay, Chupa to name a few.

Since Ransom has been slacking, I thought Id ask people to post some old memories of events, players or just things that happened when bank sitting (we all did it) What players do you remember from back then?
One of my most random moments ever; I was still a kid in school and it was like 4 oclock and I was sneaking on UO and I was bank sitting in Brit. Well some guy came and made a horse follow EVERY PERSON at the Brit Bank. People were walking around trying to get the horses off of them and were threatening to page. I was laughing so hard that one of my parents woke up and I got grounded :( Was a funny funny time. I had a screenshot of it. I'll have to see if I can find it.

** Oh and an edit. This was around the time of the "Mad Cow Disease" in America; and he was screaming "MAD HORSE HAS TAKEN OVER UO!" **

Again; this is a terrible pic (I was bad at it back in the day) but you can see he got a few horses on people in the pic.

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I first started playing UO, I played with a small group of rl friends. Tram was still brand new, and my sister-in-law, who had been playing for a while at that point, cautioned me to always stay in tram because of these evil players who would kill me and take all of my stuff. One day, I was standing around Brit bank and heard all of these people talking about champ spawns and the awesome power scrolls that they were getting. Sounded like fun!

So, I look up where to find a champ spawn, go to my local runebook library for a rune to get to the passage to T2A and start running around hunting for one. Finally, I run across a group of players that are running around killing crazy amounts of monsters. Naturally, I join in for the fun. I tried making polite conversation several times, but it seems they are too busy killing monsters to talk to me. Wave after wave of these monsters spawns and FINALLY a super monster emerges from the center of the altar. Excitedly, I run up to help kill said super monster and all of the players turn and cast on me and my screen goes gray. Wow, I think, they must have accidentally targeted me somehow! So I make my ghost show to them and run around to each of them asking politely for a rez. Finally, one of the players laughs and instructs me to return to tram. And so I did, for several more months. lol

R

Ransom_of_BiC

lol @ Layna

I remember saving and saving my gold to buy a guildstone for my very first guild, "TnT". I was so very proud to have that stone. Many, many good friends were made and fun times had with my guild back in the day.

Benito

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...things that happened when bank sitting (we all did it)...
Uhm no, I've never been a bank sitter.

Back before the tram/fel split not many people frequented despise. My old Guildmaster, Clarence(HLR), and I would make our way down to the ogre lords, pulling them one at a time and melleeing them down while cross-healing each other. Sounds simple but it was good fun.

H

Helter Skelter

Ahh.. memory lane..

I joined a guild called the Order of Hospitallers <+>. This was before Haven existed, so we helped new players get established with skill training, supplies, regs, whatever. When we were not taking newbs on spawn hunts in Tram, the more experienced players would hunt reds in Fel. This is back when the old Explosion/Lightning Bolt combo was the big stink. We had a small stone keep in the trinny swamps right by the water where we kept our boats. =)

I had some great friends in this game back then, and I think of them sometimes. Desdicado, Lat, Malcious, and Gasarki to name a few. One by one they all left the game for one reason or another, and eventually they stopped logging into ICQ. I still have them on my buddy list in the hopes that one day they might come back and look for an old friend. My character names back then were Tyvek and of course Sirkus. We didn't do much Brit bank sitting but we did tend to wear a hole in the ground by the entrance to Moonglow.

I am very glad to have good friends in game now, otherwise I probably won't play anymore. Props to my BiC friends for putting up with me all these years. =)

-Sirk!

H

Helter Skelter

I loved bank sitters, I had sticky fingers in my past life.
That reminds me.. I did have a thief that was in AT (Army of Thieves) back in the day as well. What was the Guildmaster's name?

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That reminds me.. I did have a thief that was in AT (Army of Thieves) back in the day as well. What was the Guildmaster's name?
I didn't know them, me and another guy worked the banks and were always fighting over territory with Bonnie and Clyde.

H

Helter Skelter

I didn't know them, me and another guy worked the banks and were always fighting over territory with Bonnie and Clyde.
Ah I remember now... Augustus! He was a riot.. stirred up a lot of trouble on these boards and in game, especially when he declared war on PaxLair and then dropped a big old house right in the middle of the town. Talk about some fun house fighting. =)

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya I remember a tamer that used to terrorize Pax he would come and release dragons. Or sometimes a gate would open and some nasty stuff would come running out. They were the days, you never knew what was going to happen.

H

Helter Skelter

Ya I remember a tamer that used to terrorize Pax he would come and release dragons. Or sometimes a gate would open and some nasty stuff would come running out. They were the days, you never knew what was going to happen.
LOL heck there was a time that we would release dragons at the entrance of Despise in that first room to eat the newbies. Yeah then they made stuff like that illegal or something.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wowwwwwwww. I was in AT at that time; and definately have a pic. Look below!! :thumbup1:

Benito

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow Elistan, that's a name that brings back memories. I had LOTS of run-ins with him.

J

Jamlyn

Haha oh man I remember Augustus now. He did the same in Aryslan.

J

Jamlyn

Here is a REALLY old memory. How about the "Banana Boys" that used to terrorize the entrance of Covetous. I remember when they would fireball pk people. They even had a dragon tamed back then and it was unheard of at the time! Speaking of Covetous, a moongate would always open up in the first room, there were slimes, and scorpions at the time, and dragons would come out. Great fun!

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a REALLY old memory. How about the "Banana Boys" that used to terrorize the entrance of Covetous. I remember when they would fireball pk people. They even had a dragon tamed back then and it was unheard of at the time! Speaking of Covetous, a moongate would always open up in the first room, there were slimes, and scorpions at the time, and dragons would come out. Great fun!
Yep then a posse of people would form in minoc and we'd all run to covetous to fight them. It was a fun time.

H

HoHumHarry

The banana boys.. that was sooo long ago. That was before guild stones!!! when ppl put the guild abbrevs in their names and wore colors. Remember you could drag aggroed monsters through gates? lol what fun that was

J

Jamlyn

Yeah they wore all yellow robes :) Silent I am sure we fought and died side by side a few times back then! HoHumHarry...a gate would open in Covetous and there they came...the dragons...and wed be wiped out haha.

D

dresden197

I remember the bone wall at power hour...

I remember causing havoc with the rest of the fellows in TmO (a group of disbanded K*C members)...

I remember nuking the bone wall with TmO... Sorry any victims out there...

I remember a world without trammel...

I remember when brit bank was the center of the multiverse...

I remember getting ganked from accidentally turning grey at brit bank...