• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What application should I use to take snapshot of UO?

R

Razzputon

Just wondering what you guys use to take a picture of your UO Interface using the 2D client?

G

For simple screenshots, here is a tutorial that is a bit less graphics intense, and scaled down than majorwoo's in the link Petra posted.

-Skylark

G

<blockquote><hr>

Can you take screenshots in KR?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure...PrintScn function doesn't care which application you are running, it just dumps the client window contents as an image file to the Windows clipboard.

You may not necessarily like what you see in KR, but screenie away.

-Skylark

G

I ask because this house has a waterfall and it shows better in KR than in 2D.

G

Yes, I have made quite a few screenies in KR using that procedure above, so go ahead and show us a screenie of the waterfall! It works the same for any Windows application.

-Skylark

G

KR actually has a function in it to take a screen print and save it as a bmp. I can't remember what the key combination is though.

might be alt + decimal?

Saves it in the folder the client creates in your 'my documents' folder.

G

<blockquote><hr>

KR actually has a function in it to take a screen print and save it as a bmp. I can't remember what the key combination is though.

might be alt + decimal?

Saves it in the folder the client creates in your 'my documents' folder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bitmaps are huge files in comparison to jpg. For screenies, a jpg image is generally going to be quite sufficient in clarity.

By way of comparison on the large difference in file sizes using a sample full screenie I took:

bitmap: 2911K (almost 3 MB for 1 full size client window screenie)
jpeg: 186K (at low compression - 20, high quality)

I have a widescreen 1280 X 800 client area but the file size proportion between the 2 file formats will be the same regardless of your screen resolution. This is not a trivial difference to my way of thinking.

Image hosting services such as photobucket automatically convert bitmaps to compressed jpg format when you attempt to upload them, but that saves them storage space on their servers, not you on your local computer.

-Skylark