• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What Am I Missing Here?

J

joblackjon

My old Tamer gave my new Tamer a nice Mare.
My new Tamer-in-training has 100.0 Taming and 97.5 Lore with jewelry. Yet the Mare will only "follow" and won't kill anything.

I plugged those skill numbers and 95.1 for Mare-required Taming into this:
Taming & Control Calculator
and it says I have 96.4% chance of control.

What am I missing???

K

Keno

I'm having the same issues with some of my "new" pets on my wifes character and it's a real pain to figure out... especially when you're being hit and only "followed" by your pet.
Not certain about this but after trying some calculations of my own recently I believe that the Stratics calculator may not be updated with the new formula and is still using the 80%/20% Taming/Lore numbers. That may or may not help you though so try looking at this calculator from Noxin. It may help some.

http://noxins.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=4&id=23&Itemid=28

Good luck and hope that helps some

G

I found out sometime ago that if you are still being guarded by another pet that you have stabled a different pet will not listen correctly. Take pets out of the stable one at a time and tell them to "all stop" this tends to fix control issues. Make sure you tell pets to "all stop" every time you stable to clear your control list.

B

Baldguy

That calculator appears to use old numbers. Noxins.net pet calculator.
Still should be able to command. Unless the calc considers actual skill? (could not find a confirmation of that in the pub notes though)