• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What am I doing wrong?

dabrixmgp

Visitor
So came back after being away since 2001 and made a new account and character on Atlantic. Seems like everything revolves around Sampire builds so made one of those. I tried to follow this video guide

I had been skilling up using his spots. I was off for 3 days so thought I made some good progress. Swords, Tactics, Necro, Bushido, and Parry are all over 90. I had been progressing my skills in New Haven and after farming the earth eles in the southern cave for a few hours decided it was time to move on. I tried a few of the spots he recommends but got wrecked. Figured it was just cause I hadnt played in a while and was a little rusty. I went to Shame instead since thats where I spent a lot of time when I used to play. I ran to the second level and got absolutely wrecked. Didnt die but came close several times. I went back up to the first level and got destroyed as well. I could kill things 1 at a time but the problem was pulling something solo. I tried vendor searching for an elemental slayer sword but the cheapest was 1mil and I have like 25k. Im using what ever random drops I have gotten since I cant afford anything else. If Sampire is a bad starter build then what should I try? I thought about a tamer but all the new pet training stuff is kinda confusing. Should I just make a Mage/Bard or a pure Mage instead. Those dont need gear just regs or an instrument right?

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
you'll just need modestly better gear. no nee to switch builds, a sampire evolves and gets stronger with gear

i can help you with starter gear if you like. a mage or bard still needs some gear, not doesnt rely on it as heavily. PM me if you want some gear

you might not be at all 70s resists and need some starter jewelry. a million or two gold gets you set to farm gold very well.

are you on an endless journey account?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Atlantic is also a bad place to start, in terms of prices.

Typically, what people charge 100k or more on ATL for is stuff people give away for free on other shards. We've actually had a problem on my shard with people looting the "free stuff" vendors at the LA player center and either smelting it, unraveling it for Imbuing training, or taking it to Atlantic to sell - I've seen stuff my crafters made (and donated to the PC as a reject) worn by banksitters on Atlantic.

dabrixmgp

Visitor
Atlantic is also a bad place to start, in terms of prices.
Yeah if i could remember my main account from days of old id proly just move them to Atlantic but I cant remember my 1997 account info for the life of me. The oldest account I could find was from 2000 but it didnt have anything on it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Other options:

1. Find the group on Atlantic that helps new players. There's one there, I just forget who they are specifically.
2. You can have 6 characters on each shard that isn't Mugen or Siege Perilous. Try other play styles on a different shard that's busy, make friends, and some of them will probably have characters on (or that travel to) Atlantic that can help you get outfitted there. You can try the same while actually on Atlantic, but it's harder in such a larger population to avoid pitfalls (as you'll probably run into more jaded players suspicious of a new player)