• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] What am I doing Wrong

• Thread starter videogamejunkie
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
V

videogamejunkie

I have been trying to kill swoops and miasma to get relic fragments. I have killed more swoops than I can count and a bunch of miasma so far and I have not gotten 1 fragment. I have 870 luck on my tamer. Any advice would be quite helpful and much appreciated. Thanks

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's not a lot of info in your post so I'm going to make some assumptions. Assumption 1: you're not expecting a relic fragment to drop off the corpse. Assumption 2: you're expecting the magic items dropped as loot to be unraveled into relic frags.

I've had a fair deal of success getting relic fragments from miasma loot. If running the classic client, I loot gold and any weapon that looks like it will be high intensity. Bows seem to be work the best in my experience. I recall home and immediately unravel the entire bag using my JOAT. This eliminates any low intensity items I brought unnecessarily (durability penalty usually). I then dump the rest into a secure container and continue on with killing miasma.

After I'm done I log back in using the enhanced client with the copper enhanced interface. This interface can calculate and display the item intensity in the tooltip. Any item at 400+ I drop into a bag in a secure. Items with less than 400 that it recommends be enhanced with a special material go into another bag. I then go attempt to enhance all the items in that second bag with the recommended material. A number of them break, but the only loss is the special material (and the ee it would have yielded) so my heart doesn't break.

Finally, I log in on my garg imbuer (120, but I think you just need 95.1) and unravel everything at the queen's forge. I then dump the resulting relics and ee in the bank or a secure at home.

The only drawback to this method is that the unravels rarely give 2 relics from an item. When I craft (as specified in the post referenced above) I probably average at least 1.5 relics per item.

V

videogamejunkie

Thanks for the info. I guess I should have added that I have a human imbuer at 102 skill. I generally just unravel by the bagful in my house. I have just started playing again after several years and I'm really not to familiar with all the imbuing and enhancing that has been added to the game.

5% Luck

Thanks for the info. I guess I should have added that I have a human imbuer at 102 skill. I generally just unravel by the bagful in my house. I have just started playing again after several years and I'm really not to familiar with all the imbuing and enhancing that has been added to the game.
Well 1st if its not alrdy been said Garg imbuer at the queens forge(no loyalty needed for unraveling ?confirm?)has the best chance to unravel a relic.

Next thing is when I am out and about hunting what I do is check only weapons. I look for the easy 300 point count. thats spell channeling faster casting UBWS and slayers. If I count any three of those mods on a wep I typically loot it hoping that there is an extra 50 weight on there somewhere. Weather it be mana leech or luck or any other property that nets 50 weight. That is because I read at the queen forge with a garg the minimum for a relic frag is 332 weight. The properties do not weigh the same as on the imbuing menu. A 100% intensity property is equal to 100 weight.

I do not scan armor as to get get enough weight you will be reading for properties that have a variance and not if its there its 100 weight. With just a quick scan on weapons you can find 400 weight without adding anything just counting 1,2,3,4!

Now I do this everywhere I go. It is not enough on its own to keep me supplied. That is even after I have all my suits done and weapons made I still make a few imbues here and there. That is where I resort to the thread mentioned in the above post ^ and make the knights war cleavers and silver etched maces for relics on an as needed basis.

I do get some relics by the quick reference on weapons but for essences I use jewelry. With this method I have gotten enough essences that I have put it on hold until needed. Jewelry weighs 1 stone. No big deal right! Great. Now I do a simple check for FC 1 and night sight. If either of these are on the jewelry I drop it in my loot sack and keep on meandering through the dungeon.

Just remember,

Quick reference is the key to scanning item properties.

Faster casting
spellchanneling
slayers
UBWS
night sight

If you ask me trying to add up 4-5 1/2 properties is just too much work and nets near zero results.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stopped calculating intensities in my head. I did resort to just taking every piece that got 5 mods and unravel them. With a bit of practice you can do that very fast, even for armor.
Also the bosses added with sa seem to have better loot intensities then the old champs/peerless/named ml monsters, i tend to get more relics from them.
Another way to get them may be chaining strongbox quests, i didnt try that myself but i know you can get loot that gives relics from them.

retrorider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What strongbox quest?

The only one I know about is the Bedlam one and that one is busted.

V

videogamejunkie

After I'm done I log back in using the enhanced client with the copper enhanced interface. This interface can calculate and display the item intensity in the tooltip. .
What is this interface and where do I find it?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What's busted about the bedlam quest? and when? I just repeated it a couple months ago. (or is it a shard-specific issue?)

The other repeatable is the one in Heartwood that requires the map fragment off a red healer, 20 gaman horns for the next step, and 5 minotaur artifacts for the finale (that a naked stealther can clean up getting, as they are blessed, and you can get dozens per trip if Pyre behaves itself and doesn't reveal you).