• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] What Am I Doing Wrong Here?

A

anvira

So, I've decided that I want a thrower.

I went to the acid slug pit, and I'm not getting any gains?....

Do you have to have throwing at 70 like a golem, or is the starter 40 going to work...eventually....

Help!!

Thanks in advance :)

kentuckyjoe

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Either put on jewelry to get you to at least 60 skill and take it off when you reach that real skill or train the skill to around 60 on other things before you move to the Acid Slugs. I have 2 120 throwers and thats how I did it both times.

A

anvira

Thank you very much, I was wondering what I was missing!

Appreciate it :)

Kayne.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bought to 40

40-60 "a slime"

60-80/90 acid slug

90-120 tents of harrower

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I probably should switch to the harrower, but I am still getting decent gains from the slimes at 108.

kentuckyjoe

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I 120'd both of my Throwers on the Acid Slimes. The gains were much faster for me than golem bashing. The key is to use NPC purchased boomerangs and to try and go with as little DI as possible so that you can hit each one more times. They also work really well if you wanna train bushido along with throwing. Just spam lightning strike.

I was also working Magery on one character and then Mysticism on another on other accounts while training it so I would use Earthquake/Nether Cyclone to kill off all the ones that moved away when their HP got low.

J

[JD]

i dryad allure'd an arctic ice lord and trained using 100% poisoning throwing weap. btw throwers will fizzle a couple times but can still do attunement etc like humans with joat skill.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

If you're using the Acid Slugs you can limit your update range using a macro so you don't auto defend something out of range or behind a wall.

J

[JD]

Wow thats a nice feature. I get stuck attacking stuff behind walls all the time, so annoying. Anyone know if that feature is available in the enhanced client or in any mod for the EC?

A

anvira

Not sure, but I'm definately going to look into the range thing.

Currently working my throwing on the acid slugs.....105.1!!!

Thank you everyone for the help, this has been a huge learning curve for me :p

J

[JD]

you are gonna love throwing. the soul glaive is a great weapon
and for pvp, the cyclone is very nice