• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whammy template

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I returned about 6 months ago and was looking through solo templates. Is the whammy still viable? If so what template do you run?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, the Wammy is still viable. Particularly the Swords Wammy. I use a Wammy with 120 Swords/GM Tact/GM Bush/GM Chiv/GM Necro/GM SS/GM Resist or Parry (i soulstone swap between them, depending on what i'm fighting). Curse Weapon gives me +50% Hit Life Drain for 30 secs, which stacks with Vamp Form's 20% Hit Life Drain for 70%, healing for 3.5x more than the average Sampire. Even in Wraith Form, i still self heal more than the average Sampire due to Curse Weapon. I can take a 120 damage hit from Chief Paroxysmus (and that's while riding a Swampy), and regain my entire 150 Health bar back in a single 250+ damage Double Swing.

Corpse Skin+Onslaught are incredibly powerful, lowering the opponent's Fire or Poison Resist by 30-35 in total, making Double Strike out damage AI against most opponents. If i'm fighting a boss which AI is better against (opponent's with ridiculously high Wrest/Parry), then i can instead switch to Necro Mastery, and control 2 Skeletal Dragons.
I carry 5 stacks of 20 Pig Iron on me for casting Curse Weapon, and carry 10 Arcane Gems for my Arcane Thigh Boots for casting Corpse Skin, Animate Dead, or Forms. I use the +1 FC Town Bonus for faster Curse Weapon and Corpse Skin casts.

It's a more interactive build than the usual Sampire, since i have to refresh Curse Weapon and Corpse Skin every 30 secs, but it's very powerful. Just don't use it against mobs with Corrupted Life, such as Exodus, Corgul, Osiredon, or Sampire/Necromancer Blackthorn's Captains.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes, the Wammy is still viable. Particularly the Swords Wammy. I use a Wammy with 120 Swords/GM Tact/GM Bush/GM Chiv/GM Necro/GM SS/GM Resist or Parry (i soulstone swap between them, depending on what i'm fighting). Curse Weapon gives me +50% Hit Life Drain for 30 secs, which stacks with Vamp Form's 20% Hit Life Drain for 70%, healing for 3.5x more than the average Sampire. Even in Wraith Form, i still self heal more than the average Sampire due to Curse Weapon. I can take a 120 damage hit from Chief Paroxysmus (and that's while riding a Swampy), and regain my entire 150 Health bar back in a single 250+ damage Double Swing.

Corpse Skin+Onslaught are incredibly powerful, lowering the opponent's Fire or Poison Resist by 30-35 in total, making Double Strike out damage AI against most opponents. If i'm fighting a boss which AI is better against (opponent's with ridiculously high Wrest/Parry), then i can instead switch to Necro Mastery, and control 2 Skeletal Dragons.
I carry 5 stacks of 20 Pig Iron on me for casting Curse Weapon, and carry 10 Arcane Gems for my Arcane Thigh Boots for casting Corpse Skin, Animate Dead, or Forms. I use the +1 FC Town Bonus for faster Curse Weapon and Corpse Skin casts.

It's a more interactive build than the usual Sampire, since i have to refresh Curse Weapon and Corpse Skin every 30 secs, but it's very powerful. Just don't use it against mobs with Corrupted Life, such as Exodus, Corgul, Osiredon, or Sampire/Necromancer Blackthorn's Captains.
What kind of weapons do you use? Also, what are stats like?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What kind of weapons do you use? Also, what are stats like?
I mostly use Double Axes that are Exceptionally crafted then reforged for 100% Element, and imbued with Super Slayers and Leeches. For each Super Slayer, i have two variants, a single target variant with HLA, and a AoE variant with Hit Area.
My general purpose Double Axe is 100% Fire Damage with 50% Hit Lightning/50% HLA/81% Mana Leech/50% Stam Leech/50% DI. It works very well against Chief Paroxy.
All of my Super Slayers are reforged to the Element that most of that type is weakest to. So Undead=Fire, Repond=Fire, Arachnid=Fire, Fey=Fire, Reptile=Cold, Demon=Cold. Single target variants have 50% HLA/81% Mana Leech/50% Stam Leech/Super Slayer/50% DI. AoE variants have 50% Hit Area (corresponding to the type's weakest resist)/81% Mana Leech/50% Stam Leech/Super Slayer/50% DI.
If i had a full set of Cameo Slayers, then most of my Double Axes could look like my general purpose wep.
I carry a UBWS Leaf Blade that i'll swap too when i want to chug a pot.

110 STR/115 DEX/35 INT, Elf. Mace and Shield Glasses get me to 120 STR/120 DEX. Then Crimson Cincture gets me to 125 DEX. Chugging a Greater Strength Potion and Greater Agility Potion with 50% EP gets me to 150 STR/155 (capped at 150) DEX. Lvl 3 Swords Mastery gives another +5 STR, for overcapped 155 STR.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So no SSI on your weapons? Is that because those lower the leeches?

Shiranui Renn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I mostly use...
So how much platin needs to be spent to get the same gear you are using on your whammy?

It's nice to tell returning players how OP some builds are with specific gear sets, but keep in mind that they normally don't have billions resting in their bank accounts. Also they might not be willing to spent thousands of $ to get gear like that.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
So how much platin needs to be spent to get the same gear you are using on your whammy?

It's nice to tell returning players how OP some builds are with specific gear sets, but keep in mind that they normally don't have billions resting in their bank accounts. Also they might not be willing to spent thousands of $ to get gear like that.
Naa..You don't need Billions or plats. You can make a crafter and imbuer, then do some Scalis of upper content, with lots of other pple, get looting rights, and you will sooner or later will get good gear, then you can craft/reforge/imbue other pieces and have halfway decent outfit. For PVM. Just takes time/effort/perseverance as it should, also a little teamwork, maybe also a nice guild. He never said anything about getting a super-uber PVP suit..that you are implying.
Just need to do the content to get ok stuff. Many different ways to do this. returning players should look at the changes that have happened since they left, then go and ask questions in the specialty forums of their interest here in Stratics. M&S glasses are easy enough to get, and nowdays cheaper for instance, also Crimmy. Just got to keep playing. Does not happen overnight.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So no SSI on your weapons? Is that because those lower the leeches?
Correct. My Ring and Brace both have +10% SSI on them, so right there is 20%. I can get another +5% SSI from a Cameo. 20% SSI/180+ Stam is enough to swing a Double Axe every 1.25 secs.

Actually, most of the basics to make this build work, can be gotten with a reforged/imbued suit. No Legendaries needed. I myself crafted the weps. The Jewelry is clean 10% SSI Jewelry (which can be bought for a few Mill) that is imbued with 15% HCI/15% DCI/25% DI/25% EP. Mace and Shield and Crimson Cincture are the most expensive pieces of the basic suit.
Now if you want to get real fancy with it, then yeah, you can spend a lot. I listed the billionaire's version of the suit on this thread here. Building the Ultimate Sampire Suit Question

Base Stats (before Gear/Buffs): 110 STR/115 DEX/35 INT. 105 Health/115 Stamina/55 Mana (Elf).

Chest/Legs/Arms/Gloves/Gorget: Studded/Bone Armor (for 55% LMC Cap) with +HPI (+15 total)/+Stamina (at least +30 total)/+Mana/+8% LMC (+40% total)/High Resists. Acquiring all the pieces is the biggest pain about building this suit, since they have to be Legendary Artifacts.
Helm: Plate Helm version (for Stam Protection) of the Mace & Shield Glasses from Blackthorn's. +10 STR/+5 DEX/30% HLD (never need to imbue HLD on weps).
Ring/Bracelet: Both should be Clean, +15% HCI/+15% DCI/+10% SSI/+25% DI/+25% EP. These can be imbued from a clean 10% SSI Ring/Bracelet.
Talisman: Enchantress' Cameo Set. Super Slayer/+1 STR/+2 HPR/+10 HCI/+5 SSI/+20 DI.
Robe: Conjurer's Garb (or it's Blackthorn's variants). +5% DCI/+2 MR/+140 Luck.
Cloak: Jumu's Sacred Hide. +15% Poison Eater/FCR 1/+20% DI/+5% SDI/5% Fire Resist.
Sash: Corgul's Sash. +1 Stam/+5% DCI.
Half Apron: Crimson Cincture. +5 DEX/+10 HPI/+2 HPR. You can go for the +10 DEX VvV version if you want.
Lvl 3 Swords Mastery: +5 STR/+5% HCI/+5% DCI/+5% DI.
SSI Town Buff: +5% SSI
Greater Strength/Agility Pots: +30 STR/+30 DEX for 180 secs with the 50% EP from Jewelry. I keep 20 of each on me, for +30 STR/AGI for an hour.

Stats after Gear/Buffs: 156 STR (capped at 150)/155 DEX (capped at 150)/35 INT. 150 Health (capped)/180+ Stamina/55+ Mana. 45% HCI/45% DCI/95% DI/30% SSI. 55% LMC/5% SDI/FCR 1. 4 HPR/2 MR. 50% EP, 15% Poison Eater, 30% HLD, 140 Luck. Max Resists.
This is all before even equipping a Weapon...

Earrings: Depends on what you need. Earring of Protection for +2 in a Resist. Or Wamap's Bone Earrings for +40% Protection from an Eodon mob.
Boots: You have some choices here, depending on what you need. Mythical Detective Boots for +4 INT. Minax Sandals if you need more LMC to reach 55% or want the +150 Luck. Boots of Escaping for +4 DEX/+1 SR to further curse proof your DEX. Or Arcane Thigh Boots, if you run a Wammy build.
For the Wammy version, definitely go with Arcane Thigh Boots if you want to cast Corpse Skin, and go for +1 FC Town Bonus instead of +5% SSI Town Bonus.