• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We're Still Standing

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As y'all may or may not know, a tornado struck our hometown Claremore, OK Saturday night May 25, 2024.

Well, it missed my house by three miles! However, I was without electricity and natural gas. They got the natural gas restored on Sunday.

The electricity was restored on Tuesday night and went back out on Wednesday. They got it back up Wednesday night!

The outpouring of support and love for our community is amazing!

We had electric linemen from Stillwater, Oklahoma City, Tahlequah, Miami (OK); and Siloam Springs, Arkansas, working around the clock to restore power to Claremore.

800 homes were damaged, but by the grace of God, mine wasn't one of them.

I have never seen so many construction workers tarping roofs for free.

One lady was talking to the news; she had a big tree lying on her house that she needed to have removed, and a couple of guys showed up and started cutting it up.

Then there were 4 people working on the tree, 4 became 8, and 8 became 11 people!

The First Baptist Church building was damaged by the tornado, so the high school is letting them meet in the auditorium.

I apologize for going radio silent on everyone, but that is what happened.

Here's a link to the earliest News story :
'It's Chaos Out Here': Many Claremore Buildings Damaged, Power Lines Knocked Down By Tornado

Like our town's new slogan, I am "Claremore Strong"!