• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Well those two bonded pets just went 'poof'

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok on a dread pirate boat whacking on a dread pirate with a bonded tzuki wolf (4 slot) and bonded giant beetle (1 slot) I lose power just before server down and get disconnected. Power comes back and I can't log in as server is down.

Server comes back up, and my char is at Vesper Stable. No pets. I gate to my boat and no pirate ship/pirate, no pets. Pet slot show I have 0/5 pets out. Go back to stable check in there, no pets.

@Bleak I thought bonded pets were supposed to go to the stable if a person lost connection or logged out.

Seriously annoyed as now I have to go and tame over again then wait another flipping week to bond those two pets again. Annoyed that my pets did not auto stable as they are supposed to. No, I didn't have them on pet balls as right now I have a gazillion new pets but as it is saying I have 0 out of the stable I doubt I can pet ball 'nothing' to me anyways.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Are you on Origin? This seems to be happening a lot lately, you're not the first person to report it. I think someone really needs to look into this, sorry you lost your pets. :(

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The other poster who talked about this was on Origin and people thought that Origin itself was the problem, but if you were on siege then that doesn't seem to be the case! :(

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
this bug with pets disappearing in connection with server down has existed for a long time at the very least on Siege. I remember some GIL crying for days about a near perfect bonded and fully trained greater dragon he lost when he had him out at server down.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this bug with pets disappearing in connection with server down has existed for a long time at the very least on Siege. I remember some GIL crying for days about a near perfect bonded and fully trained greater dragon he lost when he had him out at server down.
This is not at server down time, it is at server crashes randomly and disconnects you time. This is not the old bug but something new. Up until this started I had lost one bonded mare back in like 2001 and am now up to 11 lost pets in about a week. Also hearing from quite a few others that are not Noob tamers losing pets the same way.

The other poster who talked about this was on Origin and people thought that Origin itself was the problem, but if you were on siege then that doesn't seem to be the case! :(
That was me :) and it has happened on Siege, Legends, and LS now in addition to Origin. So far I am out a total of 11 pets and 7 bonding potions and god knows how many hundreds of millions of gold worth of 120 scrolls :) The origin pots just annoy me the most because I had just bought them a hour before the crash LOL.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok on a dread pirate boat whacking on a dread pirate with a bonded tzuki wolf (4 slot) and bonded giant beetle (1 slot) I lose power just before server down and get disconnected. Power comes back and I can't log in as server is down.

Server comes back up, and my char is at Vesper Stable. No pets. I gate to my boat and no pirate ship/pirate, no pets. Pet slot show I have 0/5 pets out. Go back to stable check in there, no pets.

@Bleak I thought bonded pets were supposed to go to the stable if a person lost connection or logged out.

Seriously annoyed as now I have to go and tame over again then wait another flipping week to bond those two pets again. Annoyed that my pets did not auto stable as they are supposed to. No, I didn't have them on pet balls as right now I have a gazillion new pets but as it is saying I have 0 out of the stable I doubt I can pet ball 'nothing' to me anyways.
If you did have them on a pet ball the pet ball would have shown no pets linked to it. The pets are simply vanishing without a trace :(

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now here is the kicker one of the bonded pets I lost, I had stabled 5-10 minutes before the shard crashed and when I went to get it out it just was no there in the stable and its pet ball was blank. So that tells me even if the pet is in the stables it is not safe. I am assuming this is related somehow to the new stable bug that I am not going to talk anymore about other than saying there is a new stable bug.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and I still laugh at the fools trying to nerf taming everyday here on stratics. Look at the time, effort, resources, gold and RL $ and amount of skill points most tamers put into their pets. While the pvp people complain they can't kill our pets in 15 secs, they are too fast, they need slayers etc etc etc. ..and they invest almost nothing.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You didn't lose connection but where playing the old server down game, which history has shown countless times is a dangerous venture. Hate to spin the record a different way but they didn't go "Poof" in the slightest. I understand that it would have been annoying to not finish the fight and get the loot but the downside risk that the server resets a little earlier than expected should have been a factor in your playing.

This isn't a dev issue at all, sorry. Perspective is just another way of viewing a story.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You didn't lose connection but where playing the old server down game, which history has shown countless times is a dangerous venture. Hate to spin the record a different way but they didn't go "Poof" in the slightest. I understand that it would have been annoying to not finish the fight and get the loot but the downside risk that the server resets a little earlier than expected should have been a factor in your playing.

This isn't a dev issue at all, sorry. Perspective is just another way of viewing a story.
For a start I have NO idea what the 'old server down game' is. Who the hell are you to imply that I am a liar? Of all the damn nerve, you don't know me or anything about me, keep your nasty, miserable comments to yourself if you have no clue what you are talking about. It had bugger all to do with the loot, I had already looted the pirate ship at least an HOUR 1/2 before I lost connection.

I was using the dread pirate purely to train pets on and had no intention of actually 'killing' it. If I had handed it in I would of probably a crappy cannon ball which I don't use and I have as many Orc ships as I need so it didn't worry me at all that it was getting close to server down, I intended to stable, get a cup of tea and leave the damn thing there in case it was there after the server came back as I still had 3 pets to run on that pirate. If it was still there all good, would of finished my other pets, and handed it in before I went hunting another. Just as I was thinking about leaving due to server going down I lost connection due to a power outage of about 8-10 mins, when the power came back I couldn't log back in due to the server actually being down.

It didn't actually 'worry' me as I figured soon as I logged back in they would be 'with' me either on the pirate boat still, or if the pirate boat had despawned wherever I actually ended up on land. Failing that, as it was a disconnect, and I had yet to see the 'server is going down' warning before I got dc'd they would be in the stable.

Sheesh people like you are what makes this game so depressing.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I dont know how many server downs Ive been logged in and doing stuff since I play from Europe and play on catskills so server down is midday. I can only say that usually server messages works just fine, but last week I didnt get any messsage and the revert was a lot more then the usual 1-2 mins. So something is changed and apparently doesnt work aswell as it used to.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The server down reverts do seem to be considerably longer of late. MissEcho I believe you have duplicated what has been hitting me in the various server crashes. Everyone I have talked to that has had this happen has been on a boat, was on a boat shortly before, or stabled the poofed pet after being on a boat shortly before the crash. Your DC before server down and then getting power back up during server down would be about the same thing as the random server crashes that make you restart the client only to find the server you were just on is down. This is most certainly not the old server down and up bug/feature and IMO does require some Dev attention. Thus far I have not heard or talked to anyone that has had this happen without a boat involved and even then it only seems to happen 10%-20% of the time. It hit me hard just from the sheer volume of pets I was training on boats. And after $35 worth of pet bonding pots going poof with the pets on Origin I moved my testing back to legends and LS where there are not 2-7 server downs per day. You are right the pets should auto stable and in just a garden variety DC they do. Even in the majority of the server downs/crashes they do, but it would seem something with the boats during a DC-Server Crash/down is throwing the auto stabling off and sending the pets to the great void, never to be seen again and it is damn frustrating :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and I still laugh at the fools trying to nerf taming everyday here on stratics. Look at the time, effort, resources, gold and RL $ and amount of skill points most tamers put into their pets. While the pvp people complain they can't kill our pets in 15 secs, they are too fast, they need slayers etc etc etc. ..and they invest almost nothing.
Hey at least they are taking the systematic approach get one thing nerfed to hell and then start crying about the next thing and slowly whittle the pets down to borderline useless. I had to LMAO at the argument that the pets are wrecking the economy. Heck if anything it gives the average and casual player a little bit more level playing field to participate in the so called economy.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For a start I have NO idea what the 'old server down game' is. Who the hell are you to imply that I am a liar? Of all the damn nerve, you don't know me or anything about me, keep your nasty, miserable comments to yourself if you have no clue what you are talking about. It had bugger all to do with the loot, I had already looted the pirate ship at least an HOUR 1/2 before I lost connection.

I was using the dread pirate purely to train pets on and had no intention of actually 'killing' it. If I had handed it in I would of probably a crappy cannon ball which I don't use and I have as many Orc ships as I need so it didn't worry me at all that it was getting close to server down, I intended to stable, get a cup of tea and leave the damn thing there in case it was there after the server came back as I still had 3 pets to run on that pirate. If it was still there all good, would of finished my other pets, and handed it in before I went hunting another. Just as I was thinking about leaving due to server going down I lost connection due to a power outage of about 8-10 mins, when the power came back I couldn't log back in due to the server actually being down.

It didn't actually 'worry' me as I figured soon as I logged back in they would be 'with' me either on the pirate boat still, or if the pirate boat had despawned wherever I actually ended up on land. Failing that, as it was a disconnect, and I had yet to see the 'server is going down' warning before I got dc'd they would be in the stable.

Sheesh people like you are what makes this game so depressing.
Pumpkin, didn't want to hurt your feelings.

I simply read a story that implied that some player decided to milk the server close to down time. Some sad incident happened to the electricity and the player was surprised that when they managed to get back into the game, some time later it seemed, the game did not save to the extent that the player expected. Bummer but this isn't a dev issue but a players mistake. Yes the power wasn't in their control but the decision to stay just a little longer was. You came here looking for a shoulder to cry on and you found a few but, in all reality, this was a somewhat predictable event.

I didn't say you were lying, this is just another story of a person who decided to fly in the face of known UO issues and paid the price. Most players who have been in the game for a decent length of time have played close to server down and lost an item, you just joined the club.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't believe you don't see her problem. THE PROBLEM!
Must make this one feel better to belittle and take the passive aggressive approach. It would not have mattered if she lost power 4 hours before server down and couldn't get back on until server up it still would have poofed. The God of Random pet poofing selected her.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think it's bad enough that people get reamed in gen chat in game please don't bring that BS in here...

Take your holier than thou attitude and check it...

I personally have never lost a pet logging out or having my power go out or being booted offline and that does happen to me fairly frequently... but then I don't play a whole heck of a lot anymore either.

Probably because the game seems made up of a bunch of A$& Hats like the other posters who feel inclined to attack the OP...

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL yeah the guy is a jerk. I have been playing for well over 12 yrs, never before lost a BONDED pet (let alone two at once) and I log out at server down every day as it is MY peak play time on Siege, and prior to that when I played on Atlantic for a yr, it isn't 4-5am in the morning, it is between 7-10 PM my time.

Think it very well could of been because I was on a boat. Who knows, was just advising that while on a boat if you for WHATEVER reason get stuck there with pets on server down, odds are you will log in and find them totally disappeared.

It is a Dev issue, as I believe the auto stabling isnt working for pets that are ON PIRATE BOATS, maybe the server doesnt recognise where you are if you are on a pirate's boat.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
LOL yeah the guy is a jerk. I have been playing for well over 12 yrs, never before lost a BONDED pet (let alone two at once) and I log out at server down every day as it is MY peak play time on Siege, and prior to that when I played on Atlantic for a yr, it isn't 4-5am in the morning, it is between 7-10 PM my time.

Think it very well could of been because I was on a boat. Who knows, was just advising that while on a boat if you for WHATEVER reason get stuck there with pets on server down, odds are you will log in and find them totally disappeared.

It is a Dev issue, as I believe the auto stabling isnt working for pets that are ON PIRATE BOATS, maybe the server doesnt recognise where you are if you are on a pirate's boat.
Perhaps not because Pirate Boats get wiped and reset at server up so possibly everything on them gets wiped and isn't saved and your character is then moved to a safe location...

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I lost a new colored snow leopard in ter mur at sever down about a week ago had her for about 6 days had an extra stable slot available no issues and then just gone

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not sure if this has a lot to do with original post, however there could be a relationship, so any way i sent in a bug report about where you log out mounted and log in unmounted(then quickly mount), standing next to pet. occasionally you do not remount and twice i have logged in to find char standing there with no pet( searched area and found pets wandering around 5-6 screen away). anyway all this happens on EC client, and was wondering when you lost pets if you were using the EC client?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can switch clients from CC to EC, and have to remount. It is weird, maybe somehow connected, ?

Laidback

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Same thing happened to my wife and I this morning. We were on a pirate ship about an hour and a half after the reset when the server crashed. Her Cu was bonded but mine was not. When the server came back up we were logged back in at our houses and our pets tags were on the screen but our pets were nowhere to be found. We thought at least her bonded Cu might show up if she logged out and back in. No luck. Checked the stable but it wasn't there either. She tried her pet summoning ball but her pet did not respond.

It's apparent that any pet can be lost if they are on a pirate ship when the server crashes regardless of whether he is bonded or not. This could happen even if you have recently left a pirate ship when the server crashes depending on the revert.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same thing happened to my wife and I this morning. We were on a pirate ship about an hour and a half after the reset when the server crashed. Her Cu was bonded but mine was not. When the server came back up we were logged back in at our houses and our pets tags were on the screen but our pets were nowhere to be found. We thought at least her bonded Cu might show up if she logged out and back in. No luck. Checked the stable but it wasn't there either. She tried her pet summoning ball but her pet did not respond.

It's apparent that any pet can be lost if they are on a pirate ship when the server crashes regardless of whether he is bonded or not. This could happen even if you have recently left a pirate ship when the server crashes depending on the revert.
Careful,
Picus at the office will be in here telling you to go cry him a river and that this 'isn't a dev issue'. It is quite obviously a dev issue as it has something to do with getting logged out/disconnected with a pet, bonded or not, on a pirate boat. It appears you are gonna lose your pet completely.

It happened to me just before server down, although as I said, the 'server going down warning' hadn't actually happened when I got dc'd, and you say yours went 'poof' an hour and a half after server reset and the server crashed. There is an issue here that needs to be looked @Bleak or anytime someone has a pet on pirate boat it seems they are in danger of losing it completely if they crash or the server goes down while they are on it. In these days of pets being 'purchased', pet bonding potions being 'purchased' I think devs need to seriously look at why this is happening. Before we were being nickle and dimed and everything was being provided as part of our sub they could get away with saying they don't need to replace anything, however now they are charging players on top of the subscription for items those items better not just go 'poof' willy nilly.

Not saying this is the case here but it could of been and the more nickle and diming that goes on (which seems to be becoming the norm now) the more players will expect their 'purchases' to actually be protected from stuff like this.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Before we were being nickle and dimed and everything was being provided as part of our sub they could get away with saying they don't need to replace anything, however now they are charging players on top of the subscription for items those items better not just go 'poof' willy nilly.
Yeah, an unintended side effect of making people buy side items instead of making them available ingame that they probably didn't consider, is that they should be responsible for loss of these $$ items...

Good luck getting anything

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm going with the Pirate Ship is coded to be deleted when "finished" the shard crashing told the Server that it was done and scuttled so it got deleted with everything on it... Players can't be deleted so it put you at the last location you were at ... the Pets however ..... not so lucky because they are just animals and therefore deletable... Since they aren't players. Coding needs to make sure that pets... are treated like players in that instance and moved to a safe location... This is a problem with Pirate Ships and even the Merchant Ships... Player boats wouldn't do this... since they don't delete unless of course their time is up... and then they too would probably delete any pets on board when they vanished.