• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Well its not looking good

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A few years back i merged my accounts on the master mythic account. A few weeks back my credit card expired and ingot a new one. When i tried to log in my master account for whatever reason my main account was not there. I have contacted ea and Bonnie. So far to no avail. So looks like in about 60 days my keep will fall. Its the same dang credit card number all they need to do is change the date. Has some good stuff in it. If the team is not able to get me back up and running my last 3 accounts will be forever gone.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What he's saying is his main account is no longer on the drop down list... no matter what he does he can't renew an account that isn't on the list.

Are you certain it's not on the list anymore?

I would suggest that before you give up entirely you try using a different browser to check your account status. Perhaps try Brave or that awful edge... before giving up entirely... and make sure that your main account isn't on the drop-down.

Each account is in a drop-down on the top-right if you click there it should be listed in the drop-down.

Johnny Black

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
credit cards have nothing to do about finding the account.
Is either on a different email
Is either on the drop down menu
Or look into the tab that say link account, maybe you never linked properly and still sitting at the link page waiting.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 5 accounts 2 active all times one evey 30 day when I want to place a house for fun and two ej account on my drop down window only shows 3 accounts the there all linked to the same email master. But the top drop only shows 3 accounts the other 2 are in different accounts on the drop down. So you might have the same issue I have. Check the drop down on top then check the accounts linked to that account.

Account management is put together by a 5 year old it seems most times

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just an update. I have been able to restore my accounts. The issue was when I linked all my accounts under one master i mist not have confirmed it. When my bank card expired and I tried to log in the accounts were not in the master. When i tried to reset the passwords they all went to another email that has been gone for years. I initially tried to restore that way when that didnt work I contacted EA who was 0 help. When i read some of the threads here some had mentioned dropping Messanna an email. When I did she pushed me to the right department and after a few dozen emails i was able to save all my accounts and are now under one master account. There is also an option for better security now with 2 layers of authentication. None the less all is well in sosaria. Thank you all for the help. I still think it should be easier then going through ea/broadsword/uo, but it does work was scary though.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You would think it could be easier... Once upon a time, there was some talk about fixing the Account Mismanagement system... but that seems to have fallen off the radar long ago.

I'm glad your problem is solved though.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Any other game company would be so embarrassed by such shoddy account management that they would make a new system, but it's good enough for EA and Broadsword. I wonder if anyone has actually left the game because they couldn't work out how to pay for their account.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Any other game company would be so embarrassed by such shoddy account management that they would make a new system, but it's good enough for EA and Broadsword. I wonder if anyone has actually left the game because they couldn't work out how to pay for their account.
A great many... I've known people who have attempted to come back who found the system to be too much stress... or who weren't willing to take a week or more to try to get their accounts back up... while waiting on emails and trying to track down long lost information...

Also known a few who got irritated just trying to start and set up a new account who told me it wasn't worth their time to have to work that hard to start a stupid game... got frustrated and gave up before even trying the game.

So yeah... I'm just one person... I'm sure there are countless others who know even more people.

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My best friend who has played 20 + years quit when they did the whole acct management thing years ago because of the difficulty. To this day he plays, but all of his accts and billing etc are on my Master. MalagAste is right ,alot of people are gone just because of that management system.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It doesn't surprise me people left because of it, it's so damn convoluted and illogical, I'm willing to bet that nightmare will still be around until the day they turn the servers off. :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It doesn't surprise me people left because of it, it's so damn convoluted and illogical, I'm willing to bet that nightmare will still be around until the day they turn the servers off. :(
Part of that is because EA like Origin store has no idea why any of us would even have more than 1 account or why we would want more than one account... they can't fathom it. Because they don't understand UO.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why would anyone have more than one account?
I have 3 active ones. Up until a year ago only had two. Reason I kept them age one is 19 and the other just became 14 years.

I like my castle and my custom 18x18 the other account is holding the small spot in front of my castle.

You have people with 50 plus accounts. I really think the avg account per player is 2 to 5 accounts per player

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why would anyone have more than one account?
Varity of chars (20 per shard). More than one house (3 Castles). Lots and lots of pets. There are a ton of reasons to have more than 1 account. And so far 2 sets of shard shields with the 3rd account just turning 14 yr.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Glad to hear your accounts were restored.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
....after a few dozen emails
See, that's the problem right there, it shouldn't take that many e-mails to access your own account, if the system wasn't so badly done there wouldn't be these ridiculous problems!

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
But it should, otherwise other jack holes could. They ask old addresses, emails, credit card numbers ect. More security isnt a bad thing. Lack of a team to support you is.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suspect that some of the slowness in getting accounts restored, transferred, updated, etc. may be a result of how the account management system works. I wouldn't be surprised if certain types of transactions are done via overnight batch processing. If so, that would explain why communication with the team handling account updates only seems to happen once per day and literally "one step at a time."

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
funny note ..they had a system that wasn't broke & they went with this link system years ago now its totally broken so many people lost stuff by non auto renewing of their CC ETC.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
funny note ..they had a system that wasn't broke & they went with this link system years ago now its totally broken so many people lost stuff by non auto renewing of their CC ETC.
My brother just recently lost a house on Atlantic and almost lost his Luna house on Chessy due to the subscription not renewing even though he had a valid credit card. All his other accounts renewed fine though and the card was never declined. For some reason two of his accounts just didn't auto renew like they should have and have been doing for years.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@UNKNOWN of Atlantic I never understood why they did all that account linking, it really seemed to mess things up later, whose idea was that? They should have restarted from scratch years ago, they heard enough complaints!

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My brother just recently lost a house on Atlantic and almost lost his Luna house on Chessy due to the subscription not renewing even though he had a valid credit card. All his other accounts renewed fine though and the card was never declined. For some reason two of his accounts just didn't auto renew like they should have and have been doing for years.
Hmmmm maybe check emails. Unless your paying with time card from the store you get a email from them when your CC does not work. But then maybe I am special. 1626801291168.png

So you see this email and don't bother to check your accounts to a game you love that you know there are housing and account issues with. I think that ends up on being a user error and not the games.

And you don't hear about all the people on free accounts complain, I went almost 3 years with out paying and my accounts where active still gaining in months and houses never went into decay what started me paying for the accounts again was when I add 5000 of the store money it did something to account management that flagged my accounts or it could of been when I linked a 3rd account was at the same time I added the 5000. should of just left it how it was. I am sure there are others out there that this happened to as well.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hmmmm maybe check emails. Unless your paying with time card from the store you get a email from them when your CC does not work. But then maybe I am special. View attachment 120888

So you see this email and don't bother to check your accounts to a game you love that you know there are housing and account issues with. I think that ends up on being a user error and not the games.

And you don't hear about all the people on free accounts complain, I went almost 3 years with out paying and my accounts where active still gaining in months and houses never went into decay what started me paying for the accounts again was when I add 5000 of the store money it did something to account management that flagged my accounts or it could of been when I linked a 3rd account was at the same time I added the 5000. should of just left it how it was. I am sure there are others out there that this happened to as well.
Climb back under your rock. He didn't get emails so don't presume you know everyone's situation.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmmmm maybe check emails. Unless your paying with time card from the store you get a email from them when your CC does not work. But then maybe I am special. View attachment 120888

Mine declined because I had not updated the expiration date. Lost one day of age, LOL

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah thats what finally did for me some years ago for me. Linkedin my accounts, never could get back into the account, couldnt update records, somehow had to link to my Star Wars Somethign account... linked to somethign else... it was a masterpiece of uneccessary complication. Tried to change my accoutn payment details. Got into a really bad mood with it all. Couldnt do it. gave up. Lost my house after some time and years of history. [That last bit was my fault].

One of the worst things they ever did was merge different games on to one account. I am still RAGED about it 5 years later. Well. Im sad, but the pixel crack is gone.

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@UNKNOWN of Atlantic I never understood why they did all that account linking, it really seemed to mess things up later, whose idea was that? They should have restarted from scratch years ago, they heard enough complaints!
at the time they was trying to scare everyone using scripts and saying they was loading punkbuster .. they wanted all your accounts linked so easier to ban all your accounts with one swipe... but they ran the numbers ..& they'd lose to much $ by banning all script users. why you think EC now has so many Macros built in ? and the use of what is it Pinkos... is allowed. people hate all the clicking to level up ..

Last edited:

Theno

Visitor
I stopped using CCs years ago as it was always a mess with the billing when they expired. I'm using GTCs since then and it's working like a charm. Don't know why people would mass-master-cluster-combine accounts also, because why? Not a good idea anyway if something like that happens to any of your accounts.