• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Well..... EM's are Coming Back!

C

Chaosy

More elite items for dupers to dupe and sell for insane amounts of money!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darn!! the Long time span worldwide event were working so well ,with everyone who wanted to, taking part, when they want to- when it fitted into there own real life schedule!! thats the beauty of the Long time span world wide events.

If they do come back they need to make it a lot Fairer this time...Plenty of notice and warning to everyone ...and i dont mean a 2-3 hour get ready, i mean a weeks notice on npcs or the boards ..that a new EM event is taking place and not so just a selected few take part again....

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darn!! the Long time span worldwide event were working so well ,with everyone who wanted to, taking part, when they want to- when it fitted into there own real life schedule!! thats the beauty of the Long time span world wide events.
There are some people complaining that the resources to make the giant spider web are too difficult to get even though they have up to 3 weeks to collect them.

UO is supposed to be a virtual world and community. If you try to cater to every player then you are just going to end up disappointing many people. Our guild had a ton of fun every night an EM event was run. It added surprise and spontaneity every week.

It took the developers 6 months to put together the current event and it is going to last about 1 month. There is just no way game wide events can be put on enough to keep things interesting.

C

Chaosy

Negativity is annoying though :/ *pats chaosy*
I don't consider it negativity if it's true. UNLESS they make it to where they're not releasing supremely overpowered weapons (with the latest new items I highly doubt that), or that they make it all no trade no drop.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dupers dupe to make money. If they can't get it out of your uber items, then they'll get it out of something else. Having EMs back won't change that. Once Imbuing is out the days of uber items for the few will be in the past. If you play long enough or rich enough nothing is out of reach.