• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Well done [GM]Krenyn!

• Thread starter imported_Salivern_Diago
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Salivern_Diago

I just have to post about this! Today I paged a GM becuase one of my characters has 'gone in the shop' due to a serious skill issue that is unable to be resolved currently.

Krenyn not only came to speak with me about it (With any issue in the past I often got standard responses) but also interacted with me. His/her approach this morning was pleasent and fun! It reminded me how GM's used to be with players in the past. Even after I shamelessly plugged my RP guild and tried to get him/her to join up (Remember, Europa D^T Krenyn!). I just wanted to say thank you and that not all GM's/CSR's are unhelpful with standard replies that dont answer anything (Or hold out of date information). Well done Krenyn!

While he/she was with me I enquired about a RP event I would like some help to get going with. I wanted to hire a load of hirlings and get them dressed in my guilds colours and armour so that it looked like a Garrision has landed. I would provide the armour, hirelings etc etc but needed them dressed in my colours.

However, he/she informed me that GM's were unable to do this. So what I'm going to ask the DEV's and thier Managers... Please can you not only let the GM's par-take in events but also help to get them organised. UO is a RP world, so come on chaps, give the GM's the power of a GM and not just a jailer!!!

Just wanted to say again thank you Krenyn, EA/Mythic/OSI should be proud to have a top notch GM on thier team!

Salivern

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's nice and certainly makes a change, there is nothing worse than a canned response.

With regard to your request GMs are essentially troubleshooters, what you are after is an EM and sadly they aint about anymore.

Remembers Elendrik with affection.

I

imported_Salivern_Diago

Aye thats what they are now. But GM (Games Masters) should be alot more than jailers or caretakers, they should be allowed to add the event stuff... Maybe not as much as Seer's/EM's but little things that makes the game great.

Its a shame, a real shame

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Smiles* Its been ages since i have had to page a GM, but im glad it seems to be working well.

Bring back EM's!

I

imported_Charleigh

Ooooh I have to agree with you there, he or she is a complete star
. I left my beetle at my house while i went out stealthing and after an hour or so of fetids kicking my ass and getting revenge with the DB
, i recalled home and he was nowhere to be seen!

After logging in and out he still didnt appear even tho he was still on my followers. I paged and hurrah for Krenyn who not only found my wayward beetle, but also asked if there was anything else he/she could do for me. I've had one of those annoying quest items stuck in my pack for months so i asked if he/she had time to sort that out too, and after logging in my tamer, that was sorted too.

Its the first time i've had to page in years and i was really impressed with this quick and friendly GM

A

An_Old_Ranger

<blockquote><hr>

Aye thats what they are now. But GM (Games Masters) should be alot more than jailers or caretakers, they should be allowed to add the event stuff... Maybe not as much as Seer's/EM's but little things that makes the game great.

Its a shame, a real shame

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I have to mention this as an ancient UO player: GMs never really pushed player events. They would stop by if their time allowed for two or three minutes, but that was all. They never actively influenced the game world.

If you were around in the day, you might remember Seers, Troubadors or Elders. THEY however ran their own events, never supported a player event.

And even further back, we had the IGMs, Interest Game Masters, who would "Bless" houses if they supported the whole community strongly. The Mage Towers some to mind, possibly because I was a member of the Drachenfels Mage Tower. But this was a long, long time ago, when the game was much smaller and not really big business.

G

<blockquote><hr>

While he/she was with me I enquired about a RP event I would like some help to get going with. I wanted to hire a load of hirlings and get them dressed in my guilds colours and armour so that it looked like a Garrision has landed. I would provide the armour, hirelings etc etc but needed them dressed in my colours.

However, he/she informed me that GM's were unable to do this. So what I'm going to ask the DEV's and thier Managers... Please can you not only let the GM's par-take in events but also help to get them organised. UO is a RP world, so come on chaps, give the GM's the power of a GM and not just a jailer!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

As cool as that would be, it was a waste to ask... if _you_ got that, then every time someone wated something and didn't get it there'd be screams of favoritism on the boards. Yes for the record I also RP, so I feel your pain... still, that's just how it is

It would be nice, however, if we had more tools at our disposal to construct stories and evets.

G

Not taking into consideration it took 6 hours for anyone to show up. Krenyn was awesome. Very nice and funny. I had been getting more and more annoyed waiting so long but after they showed up and were so nice it made me feel a lot better. I don't know if they read this board or not but if they do I want to say thanks for your help and for being so nice.

G

Once upon a time, Vix went travelling the shards. On returning home to Europa, she discovered with dismay that her talisman of vorpal bunny summoning (a gift from her beloved &amp; longsuffering Guildmaster) no longer recognised her and would not work.

"Halp! Halp!" she cried!

(Note:- Actually she said, "Look this really isn't urgent but I would appreciate it if someone could take a look sometime when the queue is manageable...")

A kind &amp; noble GM heard Vix's pleas and within minutes swooped down to Vix's rescue and catching her in the act of vendor browsing since she really didn't expect any reply let alone one so swift!

After determining that it was Vix herself who was borked (due to x-sharding) and with some fancy godly magics, GM Krenyn fixed Vix so that her talisman recognised her once again. *cheers &amp; wild applause!*

He/she then kindly asked whether there was anything else which Vix needed, and on hearing Sosaria was again a happy place for Vix, he/she disappeared from whence he/she came wishing Vix a lovely day in Sosaria.

Overwhelmed with gratitude, Vix re-named her first post-repair job summoned vorpal bunny after her hero, the kindly red-robed God.

TeH eNd

@ GM Krenyn:- *I honor thee!*

G

Yays for great GM service.

Now I want one of those tali's too hehehe.

Wenchy

L

Lord Woody

Yup they do help alot. The Gms .I never had trouble getting help from a gamemaster.
i miss the seers though.....

Woody Greenwood of europa.

G

Dear EA.

If you let me sleep in the office, and share your lunch with me, I will be a GM with seer capabilities for the smallest possible pay.

Cear Dallben