• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Welcome Mat problem....

PrettyMel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having trouble placing a welcome mat (the kind from aniversary tickets) on the front steps of my Stone Keep. I keep getting the message that add-on's can not be placed infront of a door........but........it's a welcome mat....it's supposed to go infront of the door and I have seen castles and keeps with welcome mats at the door so how is this accomplished? Thanks!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Which welcome mat are you using? The round one should be able to go directly on the steps. The rectangular mat is in deed form and cannot be placed on steps... it's usually used in custom houses where there is a section of tiles separating the front doors from the steps themselves.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clearly... this is the deeded square matt in question.

There is a fix coming up in the big publish we have been waiting for that may fix this problem. “May” or “Possibly” We just never know. hehe

This little “hiccup” came with the matts. Even trying to place them on the first row of a custom plot, you get the same error. File it under lack of pre-release testing... a designer/staff issue. In all honestly, I don’t know why the square ones couldn’t be items just like the half-rounds. It's not like you can change the “Welcome” to “GO AWAY!” like I’d have it.

PrettyMel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd also sort of like a "GO AWAY" mat.....or perhapse even a "NO TRESSPASSING" sign with a little picture of a bow and arrow on it? hm...I'm a West Virginian, sorry, can't help it :) BTW, pixie, you have a cute name, I do fairy art for a living, love pixies, fairies etc....I even own a big sign I hang in my yard that says "Don't **** off the Fairies"....sort of funny since we were talking aout "GO AWAY" matts. hehe

Thanks for your answers guys.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I like my RL doormat... "Wipe Your Paws" :)

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My real-life garden gate sign. I locked my gate, as part of security to my property and people seamed to not understand I live in a 'Make My Day' state.

PrettyMel... if you do fairy art for a living... please PM me with some URLs. I’m working on a home based company of my own... of my same user name. ;)

PrettyMel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
haha! that sign is awesome! the girl that made mine on etsy also does some funny ones like 'caution; free range zombies' and ' grumpy gnome zone' , 'dont feed the trolls' haha. love all that stuff! sure i'll send ya some URL's but most of my stuff that isnt on etsy is only on my facebook. will send you a link to my 3 etsy shops though :)

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My sign is of my own design... and the poor guy that helped me make the physical thing spattered himself with oil-based red paint. I told him to thin it down! lol Some people never listen. :) I really wanted to do that part myself and the scuffing/burning finish before the gloss, but he loved the idea so much. They even made a copy for their shop, giving me full credit.

I actually have 2 other metal signs in my garden, more or less designs, not words. Amazing how, like in game, craft-minded people in game can be craft-minded in real life.