• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Welcome Back...

Old Timer

Adventurer
Piram was engrossed in perusing a merchants wares. Too engrossed, and let down his guard. Seeing the opening, Max Blackoak engaged. Quickly, heavily, and deliberatly. Piram knew he was at a huge disadvantage. Arming his sword, he swung wildly and missed. Max pressed the attack hard, feinting left, but moved to his right. Piram hit the ground hard, losing his sword, and he battle.

Max withdrew from Piram a few steps, still astride his horse, allowing Piram to regain himself. Remaining on a knee, he looked up at his barely winded opponent and speaking in a respectful tone Piram asked, "Ye have bested me, and handily so. What is it you want?" Max, looking down from his horse responded in a fairly bored tone, "Nothing really, just some sport. I needed nothing more. Gather your scattered things and we are done here. But, I really expected more from a former Knight."

Piram shrugged, "I'm not as young as I once was. My training was lax while I was away from these lands, and I am... rusty. But I WILL improve and I will not be as easy to best. But I thank you for your honorable treatment. As bandits go, you have conducted yourself in good stead. For that, you have my gratitude and respect. Perhaps one day when we cross swords again, I can repay the favor."

Max chuckled at that, "hmmm, we shall see."

The two then regarded one another but a moment longer. Max tipping his hat, Piram saluting.
Then, as nothing ever happened, each went their own way.

Piram mused on the long ride to Wintermoor.... "I must train harder, and quickly so"...

OOC - Indeed I fell to Max. But I must say I believe it was a "Welcome back to the neighborhood" squirmish. There is nothing I regret about "a dirt snooze" and fallng in PvP, other than I would have liked to have been more of a challenge for Max. It would have been much more fun for him, and me... so I certainly have a lot of work to do yet.
As the story says, he was extremely honorable in my treatment, and THAT I respect greatly. He even helped me by providing me a couple of items to aid me along. This is what makes playing on Siege so much better than other shards. The quality of the people. I am extremely delighted to be back... should have done it a long time ago.

Last edited:

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have found him to be an honorable killer...
I remember well my first encounter with the Blackoak Brigands - I had spent hours trying to kill paragons, when they first appeared. Given that 95% of my skill was in crafting, this was not an easy task! I finally slew one - I think it was something small-ish, perhaps a cyclopean warrior, and it had a chest!
On my way home, I was ambushed by 4 or 5 of their number! The world went grey.
They would have robbed me blind...well, even blinder, but then Max arrived, and I was resurrected.
I explained what had gone into killing the beast, and that this was the first chest I'd ever lain hands on.
Max convinced his men to take some tribute from me, but let me keep the chest.

I cannot fault the brigands. It was "Lord" British's foul laws that forced them into such a life. But they made the most of it, and kept their honor!
*salutes*

Sol Invictus!