• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

weird imbuing bug cant figure it out.

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The imbuing skill does not show up on the skills list after i created a new character. I have done it once on test and once on my home shard. I am still able too use the skill with a macro and I indeed still have 50 imbuing when i gain but it is not in my skills list. I am upgraded to SA and the Mystiscm skill shows up just fine. Anyone else have this problem and know any solutions... I really just wanted to stone it too my other character but i cannot set it to go down without seeing the skill.

Y

Yen Sid

The imbuing skill does not show up on the skills list after i created a new character. I have done it once on test and once on my home shard. I am still able too use the skill with a macro and I indeed still have 50 imbuing when i gain but it is not in my skills list. I am upgraded to SA and the Mystiscm skill shows up just fine. Anyone else have this problem and know any solutions... I really just wanted to stone it too my other character but i cannot set it to go down without seeing the skill.
2D or EC? Either way make sure you look in the right section. It is under Magic, not Trade Skills. If you are looking in the right place then I would go into your folder that has your UO info and delete said Char from it. It will re-add them and hopefully fix it. I have never ran into this problem so I am sorry I can't be more helpful.

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i will try that ... its the 2d old client.... I have all the groups deleted into one, so its in alphabetical order now and it is not there. So head boggling... I tried to gain access too tel mur with the character, no dice.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on classic client, the 3 new skills were under Misc. think they moved them though.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you look carefully under all the skill sections? Also are you fully patched in the game?
To get to Ter Mur you can simply take a moongate. If you can't get there and are really truly upgraded to SA then it sounds like your client is messed up somehow or you're not patched.

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used the skill gump in uo assist too finally lower the skill so i could stone it. But I am fully patched... I deleted all the skill groups so there listed in the miscellaneous tab and they are in alphabetical order and it just is not there. I can use the skill with a macro, and when i gain i have 50 in that skill where it should be. I guess its either a isolated thing with my account or a newer bug but I guess this is a heads up for anyone who cant find there imbuing skill either. hehe

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to go into your character folder and delete the file skillgrp.mul (I think it is.) It will remake its self as the standard version and then skills like imbuing and mysticism and throwing will show up.

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just deleted the skill file that sarsmi said and it didn't change it. the odd thing is throwing and mysticism are there.... Its just imbuing that's the problem....

[img=http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2073/picuoimbue.th.png]

as u can see there is throwing and mysticism... there all in alphabetical order and i have tried dying, obtaining access to tel mur via the quest, deleting the skill file in hopes of resetting it.... I will see see if it is a client thing because ill try the enhanced client just too see what will happened. And when i said i used the skill list in UO assist i just meant i was able to set the skill to down so i can stone for my other char whose imbuing skill is visible.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found the old thread where I stuck my solution, and Kojak had a method of fixing this as well.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=158602&highlight=imbuing

He said:

click the new button at the bottom of the skills list and make a new category
then close the client and restart and all the skills should be in that new category
i think you need at least one category for the skills to be in for them to show up and you must have accidentally deleted all of your categories using the delete key

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering where the char skill files went. Forgive i have not really played in a couple years and they used to be with the uo folder itself. I tried deleting the entire character folder and it left me with 8 skills on my menu *gasp* lol. Though i found a solution to the whole ordeal as i just copied everything in another characters folder into the character with the problem. There is the imbuing skill........ odd little bug lol.... now too figure out why my thief stealth-er lost 20 str for no reason running through ishenar.....