• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Weird bug, pets not following orders...

• Thread starter Stupid Miner
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Stupid Miner

I have a pair of Ruddy Bouras and JoaT. When I say "all kill" and target a monster, typically one of the Bouras attacks and goes to it, while the other attacks, but just sits there. He wont follow any other orders until the monster is dead, then he follows just fine. It's not that he's disobeying orders because there's no loyalty loss, he just doesn't move.

I've had this bug with my tamer with a pack of hellhounds as well. Anyone else noticed this or know why this is?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happened to me with one of my wolf spiders after he died.

He apparently ressurected on a different z-axis level than the ground and wouldn't move to attack (At least that's my theory). I had to log out and in to fix the problem.

I don't know if the cause is correct, but the solution (log out/in) should work.

S

Stupid Miner

Happened to me with one of my wolf spiders after he died.

He apparently ressurected on a different z-axis level than the ground and wouldn't move to attack (At least that's my theory). I had to log out and in to fix the problem.

I don't know if the cause is correct, but the solution (log out/in) should work.
Hm, they're working now... (since a log out) Not sure if the log-out was the cause of the fix or not, but i'll keep it in mind for next time.

S

Stupid Miner

Just verified, Logging in and out *does* fix this bug. Cause is still uncertain. The one that bugs is the one that hasn't died yet. May be of note that the one that doesn't get targeted by the enemy is the one that's bugging.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The other solution I'd try would be to feed the pet, although I haven't had a pet present with this bug to know if that fixes it too. But maybe worth a shot if it's not safe to re-log :)

Wenchy

O

Old Man of UO

Just verified, Logging in and out *does* fix this bug. Cause is still uncertain. The one that bugs is the one that hasn't died yet. May be of note that the one that doesn't get targeted by the enemy is the one that's bugging.
I've had this happen to me on occasion when fighting with a pair of bake kitsuni. But usually issuing a direct command (i.e., "A Kill") would take care of it. I didn't make the connection, but it would not happen the next time I logged in. So maybe re-logging fixes it.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd still be interested in learning exactly how it happens so I could submit a proper bug report.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this is with the Enhanced Client and NOT the 2D Classic Client, then you may want to post it in the Beta Enhanced Client Forum.

If it is with both then the probabilities are that it is server side. *Shrug* In that case then UHall has been used to bring such issues to the EA/Mythic Team and or pmailing Chrisy.

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had this bug with my Cu in the Twisted Weald at the spiders... no loyalty loss, affirmative bark, but he wouldn't move. Feeding fixed it.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If this is with the Enhanced Client and NOT the 2D Classic Client, then you may want to post it in the Beta Enhanced Client Forum.

If it is with both then the probabilities are that it is server side. *Shrug* In that case then UHall has been used to bring such issues to the EA/Mythic Team and or pmailing Chrisy.
It's both clients (thus likely server side) and a rare bug (I haven't succeeded in reproducing it on purpose).

And I've had better luck with bugs actually getting fixed by using the in-game bug report systems. But it's always good to repeat the bugs here to either confirm that they are, in fact, repeatable and bugs as well as to bring it to the attention of the other players, who might also fill out bug reports through the "proper" channels.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had this bug with my Cu in the Twisted Weald at the spiders... no loyalty loss, affirmative bark, but he wouldn't move. Feeding fixed it.
With Cu's and other ridable pets, mounting them fixes it as well.