• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Weight Intensity question...

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still trying to completely understand Imbuing with regard to Property Weight and Intensity. For one thing, I don't see anything regarding Intensity in the Imbuing menu - so what's Intensity's relationship to Weight?

And if the maximum Property Weight allowed is 500, why does it tell me that I do have a %chance to successfully Imbue beyond 500? See pic below:

:confused:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
ok first off you cant imbue it because it is over the 500 cap! It has always show the chance even when over cap!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
when imbuing it looks at these things
1 material to make sure you have whats needed
2 properties to make sure you are at or below 5
3 total weight to make sure you are not over 450/500
4total times imbued to make sure you are not trying to imbue item for the 21st time
5 to make sure you have a positive chance to imbue

if ALL of these are not correct you CANNOT imbue

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when imbuing it looks at these things
1 material to make sure you have whats needed
2 properties to make sure you are at or below 5
3 total weight to make sure you are not over 450/500
4total times imbued to make sure you are not trying to imbue item for the 21st time
5 to make sure you have a positive chance to imbue

if ALL of these are not correct you CANNOT imbue
Ok Storm, thx for that... Can you explain what "Intensity" is to me?

:(

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I look at intensity like this

intensity is 1-100%
lets use hpi for example it ranges from 1-5 so 1=20% 2=40% 3=60 4=80 5=100

then we have weighted intensity for hpi the multiplier is 1.1

so 1=22 2=44 3=66 4= 88 5=110

weighted intensity is what counts towards the 450/500

UO Stratics *New* | Magic Effects Table

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I believe you can imbue an item any amount of times but there is no check for skill gain for 21st+ imbues.
you could be right I was thinking you could only imbue 20 times? But I could be confused with raising imbuing...been a while

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I look at intensity like this

intensity is 1-100%
lets use hpi for example it ranges from 1-5 so 1=20% 2=40% 3=60 4=80 5=100

then we have weighted intensity for hpi the multiplier is 1.1

so 1=22 2=44 3=66 4= 88 5=110

weighted intensity is what counts towards the 450/500

UO Stratics *New* | Magic Effects Table
Finally! That question has been in the back of my mind, I think, since SA was introduced. So simple and so clearly put.... thx so much. And I can see that the Table will be a godsend....

Now that I look at it, it makes me wish they hadn't added the "weighted intensity" factor.... It would be so much less complicated if they'd just left intensity alone - in and of itself. Why do you suppose they did that? Are they trying to make us smarter by making us think more? That's silly....

:eyes:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe you can imbue an item any amount of times but there is no check for skill gain for 21st+ imbues.
you could be right I was thinking you could only imbue 20 times? But I could be confused with raising imbuing...been a while
And here I am - how many months since SA was introduced - finally getting a grasp on Imbuing. (I can blame most of that on my Bard Frost and his insistance on playing to my sentimentality regarding my first 10yrs here, and taking so much time away from my gargoyle Imbuer...He's such a glutten for "action".) But anyway, it just blows me away that you have actually forgotten things about this skill that I haven't even learned yet! Could you donate your brain to me just in case.....

:thumbup1:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Are they trying to make us smarter by making us think more?
On your own screenshort you have all information you need.

In the left upper corner:

Weight: 1.4x
(Max imbue-able value will have 100% * 1.4 = 140% intensity)

Intensity: 140%
(Intensity for current "new value" selected)

For example, if you chose to imbue HPI you will see:

Weitht: 1.1x
Intensity: 22%
New Value: 1

If you change "New Value" than "Intensity" changes like Storm has described.

For example, after clicking right arrow twice you will see:
Weitht: 1.1x
Intensity: 66%
New Value: 3

But there is some confusing thing. The sum of Intensities named "Total Property Weight". I think they'd better name it "Total Properties Intensity" or something like this.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He is correct, the imbue count (not stat count) only use is towards giving normal gains, will not prevent you from imbuing/modiffying a stat.