• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Weekly EA Game!

• Thread starter imported_Danny Dots
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Danny Dots

Boy... what a fun weekly game I play with EA Land. Update... There is an updater error... Retry.... There is an updater error... Retry.... There is an updater error... Retry....

I just don't get it...

I played TSO for years, even back in beta, and i never had a problem with entering the game. Once again there is an error with the server/updater. I mean its one thing if it was once in a blue moon but it has been every single week, at least once a week, for a few weeks now.

Its just wrong and needs a serious fix.
Not a bubble gum and paper clip fix that they have been using every week, a fix that will stay in place so people can always enter the game. I don't understand how they expect to relaunch a game with such terrible server problems.

It would also be another thing if we at least had some updates about this manner. We're not children, we can handle it. Everything in life has a relationship to you, communication is the key to a successful relationship.

G

no i was shaking my head at the fact that it's been explained Idon't know how many times and yes it does happen a lot, but until such time as they can get the needed parts, well it's going to happen again. And I'm sure there's going to be another thread published with another person saying this sucks why doesn't someone say something about it being fixed... and so on and so on and so on.. and each one is going to expect a seperate answer.

It's not like Lee can sit here and post something like my boss is a real piece of work (this is just a story not like he's saying this) and he won't let me buy anything right now. I'm sure with all the hours the entire team is putting into this game and getting things merged so it's all in one central location, that's he's thrilled to have this happening. I can just see him sitting at his desk with his feet up reading these posts and laughing his ..... well you know off.

Another thing which is prob helping to cause this is the extra hits the system is now getting with all the people signing up for free accounts and actually playing the game once again.

Lets get past the merges this week and get everything set in one place and see if it doesn't stabilize and become the game we have always enjoyed.

I

imported_Danny Dots

how can they expect new players to stay with internal hardware issues?

how can we enjoy the merges if we can't enter the game?

I'm a huge fan of the game, I don't mean to sound negative but these are important problems that need a fix. I understand hardware for computer games is expensive but if you can't pay the price then maybe there shouldn't be a game. As much as I want there to be a TSO, if they can't afford what it takes it maintain it working properly then why have it at all?

And I'm sorry, I do expect someone from EA to answers these questions. I understand that Devs have a large amount of work right now. If thats the case then EA should hire a spokes person who's job is to be on the forums and be with the community to attend these problems. Much like Tigger when EA was the official forums for the game... which I still think it was a mistake to get rid of.

D

donnallg

Sorry but I don't see Stablity for a long while off.

If that were the case with the free accounts, then they should turn them off until they get this all fixed.

Alot of us are POed because of all of this. They should iron it all out in TC3 before bring it to EALand. After all that is a test city.

G

I understand your frustration Danny, and I have some of the same because i can't get into EALand while this is going on. I can however play in TC3 so it's not that bad.

Let's look at all the past threads on this over the past couple of weeks, and everyone is expecting more or less a personal response to "their" problem. How many times has this been answered with an appology and lets say Lee says "Danny I'm doing my best to get the part as quickly as possible", and then George comes along about an hour later, and says me too ... don't you know an hour later George is saying hey i want to know what's going on!!! I pay my 10 bucks every month.

so if Lee or one of the others has to write a seperate appology to each person who posts, what are they not going to get done? For all we know the paper work is in, and it's sitting on some pencil pusher's desk, who decided to stay home because it was too hot in Cali. Then again for all we know they placed the order and it's on back order with their supplier... You don't really expect anyone from EA to get on here and actually tell us every move they make? do you? Think about when they post a schedule for merge... and how many people ask what's the schedule because they are too lazy to read, or have to have the "official" response to make sure nothing has changed.

We all complained that we weren't hearing from anyone at EA for months or even years. No updates NOTHING... now we have weekly updates.. new things, more or less keeping dates with changes as they talked about, and even with all this and the communications, and help with problems connecting and adjusting computers, if they are one day late, someone is going to post "Lee said that this was going to happen today... isn't this typical EA, can't keep it's promises."

They are trying and we really need to be a little more understanding that we created our own monster by demanding something be done, and they did it, and now that it's being used more than ever before and it's old... it's wearing out.

We all want things to work like a swiss watch. Give Lee some time to tweek the dials and gears. Who knows maybe he's run out of WD40 and ductape.

G

I don't think it has anything to do with EA not being able to afford new hardware; it likely has more to do with Luc and Co. being able to convince EA to part with more money on a project that is on a stay of execution. Even after EA agrees to buy the new equipment, it's still going to take time to install it, test it, and migrate all the data off the old server onto it.

Trust me when I say the Devs are not ignoring this issue!

I

imported_Danny Dots

Yes, I am great full that the communications between players and devs/EA have improved. No, I don't expect EA to tell me every move they have made. Yes, I do expect an answer though. I know it is a recurring problem, but not one dev has posted in the Tech forum say they are looking into the problem. For all I know, their attention is mainly towards merging JP and not worrying about the server problem. If that was the case and they straight out said it, I would be a lot happier. Also, since it is a recurring problem then wouldn't the fix for it be simple? I mean this has happened for weeks now. I'm sure they know what is causing it and how to temporally fix it.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

I don't think it has anything to do with EA not being able to afford new hardware; it likely has more to do with Luc and Co. being able to convince EA to part with more money on a project that is on a stay of execution. Even after EA agrees to buy the new equipment, it's still going to take time to install it, test it, and migrate all the data off the old server onto it.

Trust me when I say the Devs are not ignoring this issue!

[/ QUOTE ]

EA is loaded with money and has other online games. If TSO is executed, give it to another sub-company of theirs to use. And if thats not an option, because i know nothing about computers, than so what... like I said they are loaded with money. I hope the servers they are transferring EA Land to on EC work better then these on the WC.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I mean this has happened for weeks now. I'm sure they know what is causing it and how to temporally fix it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they know what is wrong with it, a fix is probably not so simple. A temporary fix may not even be the right solution, as sometimes temporary fixes make things harder to work with in the future when a permanent fix is feasible.

I

imported_Danny Dots

well its obviously a temporary fix if it happens every week. And simple is a word i used for lack of a better word because I'm sure it's far from simple.